All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

Post by supersonic »

This has also been turned into a travel thread, with the now including all important information about the historic event and other nearby Labor Day weekend activities.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/life-s ... mania.html
I wanted to set the record straight on a recent report that’s been floating around. Is September 23rd the day your contract expires?

No, no. I had somebody say that to me on my Twitter. They said, does your contract expire on September 23rd? And I was like, how do people even know that. But no, my contract actually runs out September 1st, which is actually the day of the All In show, but it’s funny because that doesn’t compute. I was in the Bahrain Comic Con the last two days, and we did Q&As, and at each one, somebody asked me about that. They said, ‘are you going to be at All In’? I’m not. I don’t know what to tell you. But yeah, my contract is up September 1st.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Obviously he can't say 'yeah I'm going to be there.'
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
While we have still yet to find a true independent show without television promotion in the modern era to have drawn 10,000, or close to that, in the U.S., there is one example in Canada. Jacques Rougeau Jr., booked the Bell Centre in Montreal on December 30, 2001, which is a great day, and drew 12,000 fans for a show headlined by Pierre-Cart Ouellet vs. Kurrgan and the three Rougeau Brothers, Jacques, Raymond and Armando, teaming together for the first time in 15 years, against three students of Jacques, plus he brought in outsiders Earthquake John Tenta, King Kong Bundy, Jim Duggan. Jacques' son who was 13 worked the undercard, as did a 17-year-old Kevin Owens as Kevin Steen
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Since PWG doesn't use any of them for whatever reason, I'd pop for the Machine Guns, the Briscoes or even the Addiction versus the Lucha Bros.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Pentagon and Fenix is amazing news. Lucha Bros vs Guerillas of Destiny anyone? Lucha Bros vs The Briscoe Brothers? Lucha Bros vs Best Friends?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Give Lucha Bros vs Briscoes and I'll pay 10 replays of that PPV
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm Pentagon and Fenix is amazing news. Lucha Bros vs Guerillas of Destiny anyone? Lucha Bros vs The Briscoe Brothers? Lucha Bros vs Best Friends?
None of these really sound appealing to me.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Do you hate fun or just not have eyes?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Lucha Bros vs. Briscoes sounds very appealing. Would rather have Jay vs. Penta one on one though, tbh, though the tag between the two sets of brothers qould suffice.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They've already announced both teams. Even if they're not facing each other, it's hard to imagine Marc Briscoe being on the card and not teaming with Jay.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

famicommander wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:44 am They've already announced both teams. Even if they're not facing each other, it's hard to imagine Marc Briscoe being on the card and not teaming with Jay.
When did the Briscoes get announced?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

My mistake, it appears they haven't been. I was possibly confusing their announcement for the Jericho cruise thing.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

After what happened between them at SSE last night how about this matcb for All In?
Spoiler: show
Rey Mysterio vs. Marty Scurll
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WWE's tour leak through March 2019 has revealed an event at Shangahi's Mercedes Benz Center on September 1. Considering that PPV type events are planned this year in Australia and Saudi Arabia, I would not be surprised for this event to be as well in an attempt to sabotage All In.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 am After what happened between them at SSE last night how about this matcb for All In?
Spoiler: show
Rey Mysterio vs. Marty Scurll
I like the sounds of that.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:49 pm WWE's tour leak through March 2019 has revealed an event at Shangahi's Mercedes Benz Center on September 1. Considering that PPV type events are planned this year in Australia and Saudi Arabia, I would not be surprised for this event to be as well in an attempt to sabotage All In.
How is running a show that wouldn't air at the same time (and that you could watch at any time on demand, anyway) in a city half way around the world and all using talents that All In wouldn't have been able to use anyway an attempt to sabotage the show?