All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:36 am One of the best nights of my time as a wrestling fan. Everything felt special. Let's see how Cody plays in ROH now that he is NWA champion, will ROH allow him to wrestle in other companies in the US?
Secondary World Title in ROH, perhaps?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Gotta agree with you, Alex. One of the best nights of my wrestling fandom. Really did feel like a special show from the time I had my ticket scanned to the time I left the building. Every match was fun, the fans were into everything which certainly adds to the experience. Really felt like this show belonged to just as much as it did the talent involved and that's a feeling I never get from any other show. Seems like any other show it's the company/promter's show, the fans should get in line and know their place. I felt like we were a part of the show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:43 am
AlexROH wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:36 am One of the best nights of my time as a wrestling fan. Everything felt special. Let's see how Cody plays in ROH now that he is NWA champion, will ROH allow him to wrestle in other companies in the US?
Secondary World Title in ROH, perhaps?
Maybe. I dont know what the BC wil do now. They said they didnt want contracts, so that should mean they are freelancers? Plus, Marty wasn't at the post show speech but he is the only member of BC confirmed for the MSG.

I hope everyone stays in the company, tbh. That would be the best for them, for the company, the business and for us, the fans.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I love Marco Stunt. First time seeing him. This guy plays the underdog role perfectly.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:06 am I love Marco Stunt. First time seeing him. This guy plays the underdog role perfectly.
Marco Stunt & Cheeseburger team when?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

How do you all feel about cody becoming a executive producer for ring of honor
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Great Show All in I was impressed by how well this show flowed. I was mostly impressed with the transition from match to segments it made seem like I was watching a complete show not just match after match with interview highlights from YouTube in between. I was wishing roh would have done since cornette was in charge and that was keeping that old school ppv format. The pre match promo with sean Mooney was amazing. I wish they adopt that. Other things from this show I got was that they should bring should bring in more luchadors and involve them in major storylines. The smart thing to do now is now is to slowly push flip. By the time MSG rolls around flip should atleast be the television champion If not one of the main faces in ROH.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:46 pm How do you all feel about cody becoming a executive producer for ring of honor
I've suggested this as a way ROH is able to keep he and the Bucks come contract time.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So is Cody going to defend the World Chemtrails Championship in ROH or will ROH be letting him defend it elsewhere? Or maybe he just holds it and drops it back at the NWA Anniversary Show.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:33 am So is Cody going to defend the World Chemtrails Championship in ROH or will ROH be letting him defend it elsewhere? Or maybe he just holds it and drops it back at the NWA Anniversary Show.
Wouldn't doubt for there to be a title vs. title stipulation against Jay Lethal at some point. Delirious again builds up a lot of intrigue into a match in which he does little of the leg work. Cody/Lethal is also a match they are very clearly protecting for some big event.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If I'm Delirious (or Gedo, Ultimo Guerrero, Vampiro, even Don Callis or anyone else running a "major" promotion) there are no circumstances where I put the NWA Champion on the same level as the champion of my own promotion.

Winning that joke of a belt should not put you on the level of the ROH World Champion.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If there is going to be All In 2 I don't think a Chicago return would be such a bad idea. And of course stick to labor day weekend. Gotta remember how centralized Chicago is compared to an NYC or LA. No way though WWE doesn't try to aggressively protect their venues now, if the boys want to go bigger next year they better be prepared to go for the United Center.
Also think they should try to convince more independents to come have shows on the weekend. Of course the locals but try getting some other major indepents to get involved to give us some more entertainment besides Starrcast on the rest of the weekend.
This is where LA would be perfect choice at that time of year, PWG could hold BOLA on the same weekend. Of course Chicago would have AAW. Really want to make it an independent destination, Philly would be great but besides the Wells Fargo Center the only other arena in Town is the Liacouras center, not a lot of options if the goal is to go beyond this year's number or even match it.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Cody will be dropping the belt back to Aldis at the NWA Anniversary show in October. That’s not a prediction either... ~JS
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:39 pm Cody will be dropping the belt back to Aldis at the NWA Anniversary show in October. That’s not a prediction either... ~JS
So you're booking that show?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:12 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:39 pm Cody will be dropping the belt back to Aldis at the NWA Anniversary show in October. That’s not a prediction either... ~JS
So you're booking that show?
No, but I'm well in the loop as to how this story plays out. ~JS
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

This actually makes the most sense. Dusty never got a long run and the NWA title normally had faces lose it fast and heels go on long runs.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This is pretty much the way it has to be when you think about it.

Doubtful that ROH wants Cody defending the belt in lame ass promotions like CWFH and risking injury while under contract, and we already talked about why it's unlikely for ROH to prominently feature the belt on their own cards long term.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Inevitably Cody's a contracted ROH performer. He doesn't need that title, that title most certainly needs him but he's not in a position for it to need him, so unless Billy wants to break out his wallet and make it worth ROH's time promoting his brand on their programming and at their shows ROH would be doing it to appease Cody. I see Cody losing it relatively soon, most likely to Aldis, but I will enjoy seeing him have it in ROH for the time being. That's five shows we'll most likely see featured on.

They can always use it as a main event for one of the Glory by Honor nights. Give it the Baltimore show and see how it draws.

The most impressive talent from All In I'd like ROH to look into is Bandido. I can see he's doing some work for AAA which clashes with the ROH/NJPW/CMLL relations but he's a free agent and has no contract. Bring him in and let him have some matches with Flip Gordon.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'd love to know the real reason fammicommander has such a viscerale hatred for the NWA Championship

Did Thrape promise you a run then recanted?

Bro it's wrestling its supposed to be fun.

The show had it's hiccups but it was a fucking blast it had variety there was a little bit of everything for everyone.

Fucking awesome to see Magnum TA
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The NWA title represents the past. It has nothing to offer in 2018 and association with it moves a promotion like ROH backwards.

ROH and NJPW and CMLL (or Bullet Club solo) are working together to sell out Madison Square Garden, Arena Mexico, Orleans Arena, Sears Centre, Tokyo Dome, etc.

And then they're putting a belt on their shows from a promotion that has to beg CWFH, a company that can't even draw 400 people to a show for free, for screen time.

The NWA offers nothing at all. The only thing that comes from association with it is making these big league companies look small time. Not to mention working with known insane people can only lead to trouble. There are a lot of stupid and/or immoral people promoting wrestling companies, but Billy Corgan is legitimately mentally ill. It's inviting trouble for no possible benefit.