All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

Post by dhads7161 »

You never know they might wanna get more money off PPV buys. Punk will definitely do that for them. Yes, it's already sold but there is still dollars to be made with PPV buys.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Don't really see a need for him to appear at all yet. I consider the ending of Batman Begins, in which the Joker was introduced through a Joker card as evidence from a crime. I'd do something similar if Punk's eventually coming in - just a very quick but obvious tease that would perfectly fit as a piece of viral marketing. No need for an extensive video as the entire crowd would be immediately going ape-shit like the Bears just won the Super Bowl at Soldier Field.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Since Pentagón isn’t in the Six Man I think he might verse Omega.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I have no interest in seeing Best Friends do anything.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Best Friends...awesome choice.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

I can't imagine either the Bucks or Cody headlining(which lines up with any indications that they've given about the show to this point). Okada/Marty in a vacuum would have a chance to main event over either match; and with Ibushi and the Bucks booked, Omega will likely be in a singles match against Pentagon, or an arguably even bigger thus far unannounced name like Punk or Naito. In my opinion the smart money is on Omega closing the show.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

K.O. wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 pm I can't imagine either the Bucks or Cody headlining(which lines up with any indications that they've given about the show to this point). Okada/Marty in a vacuum would have a chance to main event over either match; and with Ibushi and the Bucks booked, Omega will likely be in a singles match against Pentagon, or an arguably even bigger thus far unannounced name like Punk or Naito. In my opinion the smart money is on Omega closing the show.
That's what I think too.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I really expected Omega to actually be teaming with Ibushi & The Bucks tbh. They did all this Golden Elite stuff but have yet to have a match together as their quartet. Figured All In would be that first match together.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Broadcast information:
ALL IN COMING TO PAY-PER-VIEW, WGN AMERICA, FITE AND MORE
The brain child of Cody and The Youngs Bucks broadcast partners announced.

AUGUST 6, 2018 – ALL IN is sold out. It is the highest grossing and will be the most attended independent wrestling event in US history. Fans from around the world will attend, but not everyone will be able to be in attendance in Chicago, IL. For that, today Cody and The Young Bucks announced their broadcast partners for this historic event including another milestone. “ALL IN is more than a phrase. It’s a harbinger of change for that wonderful slice of Americana we call pro-wrestling” said Cody.

ALL IN will kick off with a special one-hour event on WGN America entitled ALL IN: ZERO HOUR. The broadcast will feature exclusive matches and prepare you for the most anticipated independent show of all time, ALL IN. ALL IN: ZERO HOUR will air at 6pm ET/5pm CT on Saturday, September 1, 2018.

Then, the official ALL IN event will be available on all major pay-per-view providers as well as FITE starting at 7pm ET/6pm CT that same evening. ALL IN will feature some incredible matches including the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship Match between “The American Nightmare” Cody and the defending champion Nick Aldis, “The Villain” Marty Scurll will go one-on-one with “The Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada, and The Golden Elite team of The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) and Kota Ibushi will take on Rey Mysterio, Fenix and Bandido in 6-man tag team action. Other talent appearing includes Kenny Omega, “Hangman” Adam Page, Stephen Amell, and ROH World Champion Jay Lethal.

"FITE has quickly become the destination for all of the top wrestling programs in the world to debut. We are thrilled to be involved in such a barrier breaking event like All In," said FITE COO, Michael Weber. "Wrestling fans will not only be able to experience this one-of-a-kind event on FITE, but they will also be able to interact with other fans using our unique in-program chat feature during the live telecast."

Additionally, Cody and The Young Bucks have reached a deal with their home promotion Ring of Honor Wrestling to stream the 4-hour live event on HONOR CLUB (www.ROHHonorClub.com).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

oh sweet, it's on Honor Club?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:09 pm oh sweet, it's on Honor Club?
Yes it is. Makes sense since Cody and the Bucks are US exclusive with ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think this brings roh one step closer to being on wgn america
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

More matches announced:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

pre show matches on wgn america

main show on ppv and honor club...

nice nice
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If CD can drag Amell to a good match, he's even more amazing than I already thought he was.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:23 pm More matches announced:

To expand on these two matches, they’ll both air during Zero Hour on WGN America, and the latter are the first 5 participants of a 15-person “Over Budget Battle Royal.”
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'd be willing to wager that ROH will follow onto WGN America after All In. This is all coming together quite oddly especially with the knowledge that Sinclair were trying and are still attempting to purchase WGN as part of the merger.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I'm just over here looking at this All In undercard, making very Larry David gestures and sounds. Guess that the speculated Omega/Penta match really is happening.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Did you think wgn will announce roh is coming to their network during all in