All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Bullet Club’s All In - Saturday, September 1, 2018

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm Oh, where do I buy my ticket?

/s
Hot Topic.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 am
The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm Oh, where do I buy my ticket?

/s
Hot Topic.
Judging by the way business has been controverted around the Young Bucks, we should probably expect a Superkick Party-branded Cracker Barrel before September, or something. Tickets to their tour in the front, six-star samplers in the alcoves.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So some bullet points for this that've been seen on the various Bullet Club Twitters and whatnot:

- Young Bucks vs. Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae was originally planned before Candice was signed to the WWE
- They're planning a possible multi-day fan fest leading up to the show
- They've "turned down all bulk sponsorships," opting to rather do this all on their own instead of with help
- Not sure if mentioned in here or not, but location will be announced in an upcoming episode of Being the Elite
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 am So some bullet points for this that've been seen on the various Bullet Club Twitters and whatnot:

- Young Bucks vs. Joey Ryan and Candice LeRae was originally planned before Candice was signed to the WWE
- They're planning a possible multi-day fan fest leading up to the show
- They've "turned down all bulk sponsorships," opting to rather do this all on their own instead of with help
- Not sure if mentioned in here or not, but location will be announced in an upcoming episode of Being the Elite
I wonder what "on their own" means in terms of ROH and New Japan talent. Neither Joey nor Candice are names that are really ROH or New Japan regulars.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I’d assume they’re just paying for the talent, ring, arena, etc. themselves, meaning they can book whoever they’d like, hence Tessa Blanchard.

It’s akin to the random shows that are affiliated with New Japan in ways, like the recent TAKATAICHIMANIA, put on my Taka Michinoku and Taichi that had Tetsuya Naito in the main event.
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm I’d assume they’re just paying for the talent, ring, arena, etc. themselves, meaning they can book whoever they’d like, hence Tessa Blanchard.

It’s akin to the random shows that are affiliated with New Japan in ways, like the recent TAKATAICHIMANIA, put on my Taka Michinoku and Taichi that had Tetsuya Naito in the main event.
The next question, then, is if they would want help from ROH/New Japan whoever by allowing them to use guys they have under exclusive contract like Okada, Naito, or the Briscoes, or whether they are on a "prove we can do it by ourselves" type of quest. The latter would certainly boost their values to any promotions if they were successful (and the Bucks contracts are conveniently up a few months after that).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There's no way they draw 10,000 paid fans without the heavy hitters from NJPW and ROH. Not unless CM Punk shows up.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

During their Twitch Q&A someone asked them how involved ROH would be with the show and Cody said that while ROH won't be directly involved they all owe them a debt of gratitude as without ROH's go ahead they wouldn't have been allowed to do the show. He said ROH fully support them and to expect names from ROH on the show.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Here's my issue with everything I am reading about this. Meltzer said quite clearly that he didn't think RING OF HONOR could draw a 10,000 person house.

Now we have the Bullet Club guys trying to book a indy supershow in a 10,000 seat arena.

Still mpressive if they can get 10,000, BUT IT DOESN'T PROVE MELTZER WRONG. He said ROH. So unless this is an ROH show, the man was correct and Cody accepting the challenge failed.

If this is an ROH show in Chicago area, I go to try and help them hit 10,000. If it's just an indy supershow, I'm not wasting my time.
Big Red Machine

ROHfan2002 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 am Here's my issue with everything I am reading about this. Meltzer said quite clearly that he didn't think RING OF HONOR could draw a 10,000 person house.

Now we have the Bullet Club guys trying to book a indy supershow in a 10,000 seat arena.

Still mpressive if they can get 10,000, BUT IT DOESN'T PROVE MELTZER WRONG. He said ROH. So unless this is an ROH show, the man was correct and Cody accepting the challenge failed.

If this is an ROH show in Chicago area, I go to try and help them hit 10,000. If it's just an indy supershow, I'm not wasting my time.
You're not wrong, but it stands to reason that if these three guys can put on a show that draws 10,000, then it stands to reason that ROH or New Japan could then do so by using these three guys plus the rest of their roster.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Bring ROH and New Japan looks like ROH show.
I want to see adding Dragon Gate roster like Flamita or Dezmond Xavier.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There is a working idea (meaning it’s kind of the plan but could change) for the announcement of the location of All In on 9/1 being announced on or around 3/1. Within wrestling, everyone thinks it’s Chicago (not sure of the building, as the choices would appear to be All-State Arena or Sears Center) just because of the idea they could do a convention in association with it and with Pro Wrestling Tees in Chicago it’s the most convenient location when it comes to merchandise. We have heard other cities mentioned as well. The only thing we were told is that the Cow Palace in San Francisco was out because while the rent of the building was extremely low for a place that can hold as many as 14,500 or so for wrestling, that the costs of streaming live would be high. I guess that tells you that live streaming is part of the component
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
While still not announced, it seems a lock that the Being the Elite All In show over Labor Day weekend will be in Chicago.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lets go cm punk,lets fucking go!
Big Red Machine

I will laugh my ass off they do the show in Chicago and the crowd chants "CM PUNK!" at them for no reason.
supersonic

Re: All In - Chicago, IL - Saturday, September 1, 2018

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The location for the Being the Elite All In Show is expected to be announced next week on the Being the Elite show. I was told it’s 85 percent they’ll have everything locked into place to be able to announce it. The expectation is Chicago and everyone says Chicago, but those involved haven’t confirmed it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Time stamp 13:17.

All In will be held at Chicago's Sears Centre Arena, located in Hoffman Estates.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »