APP/STREAMING SERVICE COMNG IN EARLY 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: APP/STREAMING SERVICE COMNG IN EARLY 2018

Post by AlexROH »

I shared this comments from Joe Koff on the Random Thoughts Thread yesteday. Btw, I see with good eyes having an specific thread for the future streaming service.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It's about time.

Hopefully the new website goes live along with it, and we can finally be rid of the horrible video quality and outdated information.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

classic footage needs to be a reality in this streaming service.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Don't worry, you'll have all the Shane Hagadorn you can handle.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Of course the availability of a streaming/library platform is about the biggest change ROH can make short of new creative or management. I'm not surprised that ROH isn't breaking pattern in being reluctant to give news about something that is set to launch within the next few months. Still, I do have hopes that they deliver a robust service.

Now, regarding the actual interview--this one goes out to Thelone:
What can fans expect [from the streaming service]?

You’re going to see an enhanced Honor Club. We tested it during the Global Wars Tour of streaming house shows to ringside members. You’re going to see a lot more content available, not only to everybody, but certainly in that Honor Club. [When we tested] streaming for two shows, our response was terrific from a quality standpoint and from an accessibility standpoint.
Fucking HONOR CLUB?! Killllllll meeeeeeeeeee
You could also argue that a lot of the success recently has been due to your enhanced association with New Japan Pro Wrestling. What kind of boost would you say that you’ve gotten out of that partnership?

Well, we’ve gotten a tremendous boost and I might have said this in another publication — that everyone says, “It’s New Japan, it’s New Japan.” The one thing that I don’t know is if they say in Japan, “It’s Ring of Honor. It’s Ring of Honor.”
Why on earth would you double down on this? It's just so needlessly petty. They genuflect to WWE being so far out of their league that they could never ever compete with them, and yet, when it comes their current and most influential partner ever, they continue to act like Cody or Adam Page are America's greatest exports. Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks became tenfold stars as a direct result of being shortended by your company. Show some accountability. Or at least show some acknowledgment of how big New Japan is today, especially in regards to their key fanbase.
I can’t remember who the critic was, but they had expressed concern that maybe Ring of Honor was putting all of their eggs in the New Japan basket and that was actually going to hamper their growth long-term if that partnership ever fizzles out. Do you get that impression?

I don’t think so. You know, when you tour, you’ve gotta bring new kinds of things to that audience and to make them want to come back. Chuck, I gotta tell you, everyone will ask me, “Well, what about when this guy left, and what about when this guy left?” You know, we’re a pretty resilient organization. And while I have no inkling that the relationship is going to change, when it changes, if it changes, then we’ll deal with it at that time. I mean, we’re pretty resilient.
And then there's this. I know he can't as a representative relay all of their deliberations and options for when or if their business partners proceed in different ways, but this just reads as hey, we don't know. New Japan is signalling a burgeoning US territory as loud as they can. You better have a back up plan because NJPW is always in the conversation when contracts are up. If NJPW becomes a full-fledged US promotion, they will eventually cap your growth.
What kind of impact would you say [Brandi Rhodes has] had on that division?

The best part that I can say about Brandi is that she’s really good wrestler. So the fact that she’s Brandi, and she has somewhat of a celebrity persona, is exemplified by the fact that she’s really good in the ring. So Ring of Honor people are not necessarily coming to see a particular person, but they’re looking for the person that represents the brand the way they do. And Brandi is a very good brand representative.
You're impossible, my dude.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

There had to be language in Cody's contract suggesting Koff talk up Brandi Rhodes, because how the hell do you bring her into a conversation and ignore 99.99% of your roster? Yeah, I know the interviewer asked the question, but there is not a single person out there that can guarantee me that Koff didn't submit softball questions prior to this interview and that was one of them. That question was completely unwarranted. Who the fuck cares about Brandi that much to ask that question?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Obviously he's not going to bury her in an interview, but it is truly puzzling that he would go out of his way to call Brandi a good wrestler.

Athletic? Sure. Willing to take hard bumps? Absolutely.

But she's as green as they come. I think she could eventually develop into a good wrestler, but I feel like that's a matter of years away.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

We did report this back in Oct also when Koff did an interview with AV Club and announced it http://rohworld.com/roh-streaming-service-coming/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld