ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by Wilson »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 am Part of the Hung Bucks vs. Titan/Lee/Gordon match has gone viral on Twitter with UFC fighters and esports....guys are commenting on it.

It's obviously not all positive, but it's being discussed all the same.
Doing early-match, choreographed feints in a trios match is the least of the company's problems. For those that don't have the context, like someone popping in from MMA or esports, this might appear as zany! or so trashy, which sure I guess wrestling never leave that vortex. To anyone else, this is just the rote language of indie wrestling.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I'm not saying that flips automatically negate the possibility of storytelling, but I do think that there are times when guys do cool sh*t just to do cool sh*t and it detracts from the story (the tombstone on the stage in the Pete Dunne vs. Eddie Dennis match is an example of this).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The beauty of professional wrestling is the multitude of styles. I have been watching wrestling since the early '80's and I can appreciate a scientific match as much as a hardcore match or a spotfest or a lucha libre or a strong style match. I like to be entertained. Cormier's opinion is 100% worthless and Cornette is desperate to stay relevant.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 pm I'm not saying that flips automatically negate the possibility of storytelling, but I do think that there are times when guys do cool sh*t just to do cool sh*t and it detracts from the story (the tombstone on the stage in the Pete Dunne vs. Eddie Dennis match is an example of this).
...and I don't disagree with this.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I thought this was the second worst PPV next Supercard of Honour overall from production to matches.

The main event was just awful I have never seen a title match lack so much in all areas that make a good match let alone a great one. It felt like a complete mess, I don't whether or not they ran out of time but considering how short the match was i hope that was the reason. Brandi doing that dive was just too much and I hope this brings an end to shit like this in world title matches.

They should have made a much better deal of the Boys coming back not just there lost in the crowd of them.

Also whoever is putting Castle's needs real help, his suplex's need to be for the comeback not just randomly being thrown out there. Just look at early Angle to show how to use an amatuer style within matches.

With the whole thing of the video of Matt and Flip it's completely taken out of context, after watching begining of the match leading up to that moment it makes sense and finishes the pattern of the opening.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I stopped reading that at the "production" part - you're literally the first person I've seen view the production of the show in a negative manner. I thought it was great and is another example of ROH always getting a bit bigger and better.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:29 am I stopped reading that at the "production" part - you're literally the first person I've seen view the production of the show in a negative manner. I thought it was great and is another example of ROH always getting a bit bigger and better.
Visually from a set point of view there were alot of improvements, my focus wasn't really there it was more on camera work, especially on missing Sky taking out Flip, which is actually pretty important.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That's fair, but it happens. Happens in WWE, happens in New Japan, it's just a thing that happens.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am That's fair, but it happens. Happens in WWE, happens in New Japan, it's just a thing that happens.
I just think it shows a real lack of communication and planning, surely the truck knows that this situations is coming, they could have just ran one camera or not shown the reply until after everything. It's little things like this than honestly hamper story lines and affect a PPV audience, it's stuff that I hope people in the back are going ape shit about because if there fine with it there will be no progress with camera work in ROH and as WWE shows is showing by being terrible, its really important to get right.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I make some additional comments on this new podcast on Final Battle

https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestl ... d-the-24th