ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by AlexROH »

I think Austin Aries may return tonight or anytime soon. He has been in talks with the Bucks and ROH, his no-compete clause has expired and now he's wrestling again in the UK. He's now in the US and he just posted this talking about his victory over ROH's star, Marty Scurll, last week in Defiant (FKA WCPW):

"Not many can out villain the #villain @MartyScurll. Nothing personal, just business. Let’s do it again sometime...somewhere. #TheTruth"

Maybe he'll a return like Hero did in 2013? It could be cool.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

https://www.facebook.com/ringofhonor/vi ... 009151328/

Pre-show interview with Flip Gordon
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

LJimmy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:16 pm I'm thinking Best Friends take the tag titles tonight And Punishment Martinez wins the TV title. It may be interesting to see how things play out with Ospreay and War Machine. On the VOW podcast Lanza is saying Ospreay is rumored to be the upcoming Evolve return announcement so I wonder if he's gonna work U.S. indies soon. He also outright says that War Machine are finishing with ROH and New Japan soon.
Lol at ROH jobbing War Machine out to Coast 2 Coast on their way out, how petty.

Hopefully Ospreay is still on relatively good terms with ROH and will work for EVOLVE on the side. I don't think there is really a precedent (Hero for a few months in 2014 maybe), but I'd prefer some Ospreay to none. Since it's been over a year since his debut, he may be working tonight as a free agent, so hopefully that's a good sign they are still on good terms.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Coast 2 Coast deserves the rub and I'm sure War Machine doesn't mind putting them over.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Ospreay if he's on the way out of ROH probably is not due to being on bad terms. He's so limited to where he can work in the U.S. while under ROH contract where if he's not under contract he can potentially take more bookings and make more money.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Are the pre show matches going to be on ROHwrestling.com's ppv stream?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ActionJeffson wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:23 pm Are the pre show matches going to be on ROHwrestling.com's ppv stream?
They will not. They will air on YouTube later this month probably.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

SILAS YOUNG, BABY!
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Wow kenny king is underrated
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Congratulations Dalton Castle!!!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

HOLY SH--

WHAT

THE BOYS FROM BALTIMORE DID THE RIGHT THING
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wish Best Friends had won the tag belts but otherwise I loved the show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CODY'S REIGN HAS ENDED AND DALTON IS CHAMP!!!!

Cool show, will write some thought tomorrow in the morning, crowd, at least on PPV, really sucked, they were dead for 2 hours.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Ups and downs, but solid overall. Taven/Ospreay was better than it had any right to be, Briscoes/Bully and Dreamer felt like a letdown, disappointed that Best Friends lost, BUT SILAS AND DALTON WON!!!!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CODY'S REIGN HAS ENDED AND DALTON IS CHAMP!!!!

Cool show, will write some thought tomorrow in the morning, crowd, at least on PPV, really sucked, they were dead for 2 hours.
The New York crowd is a Bullet Club crowd. Non-BC matches suffer. Plus they hate MCMG. I have no idea why.

Despite all that I had a great time. Super fun show and most of the guys I wanted to win did so. Hopefully Philly is just as fun tomorrow.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What did I tell you? Dalton was winning it! Now give us Dalton vs. Ibushi at 16th Anniversary or SCOH.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

HONOR RISING 2018
Dalton with boys vs. Yujiro with girls.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 pm
AlexROH wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 pm YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CODY'S REIGN HAS ENDED AND DALTON IS CHAMP!!!!

The New York crowd is a Bullet Club crowd. Non-BC matches suffer. Plus they hate MCMG. I have no idea why.

Despite all that I had a great time. Super fun show and most of the guys I wanted to win did so. Hopefully Philly is just as fun tomorrow.
Yeah, but they weren't hot for the last two matches, that were the ones with the BC. Also, I felt like The Young Bucks didn't go with everything, when they usually try to steal the show.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hate the title changes as both just werent needed, especially for Castle he just isn't ready in ring wise, I do wonder how people will rate these title matches considering Castle has rarely had a match to steal the show or make any waves with being considered a very good match.

It will be interesting to see where Cody goes from here, I guess the focus will be more on Cody and Omega now, if not I guess Lethal and Cody will be the next thing for both.