ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I assume it's just a WOH title. I doubt any of the women bar whoever holds the title will be given exclusive contracts.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If they don't sign Deonna soon, someone else will. She's already appeared for both WWE and Impact and she's only getting better.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm The announcement had better be that they signed Deonna Purrazzo and are introducing a Women of Honor World Championship.
I think you are going to at least get the latter.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm If they don't sign Deonna soon, someone else will. She's already appeared for both WWE and Impact and she's only getting better.
Yeah... but this has been the case for a year now and no one- not ROH or TNA or WWE or STARDOM- has signed her yet.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

New ROH World Title debuted in a Promo! Cody's promo was really unique. Kinda sways me even moreso that Dalton wins tomorrow. But I don't know if it was my really bad vision or the lighting, but can anyone else not make out the belt really good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KrBQOx7KE&t=0s
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:42 pm New ROH World Title debuted in a Promo! Cody's promo was really unique. Kinda sways me even moreso that Dalton wins tomorrow. But I don't know if it was my really bad vision or the lighting, but can anyone else not make out the belt really good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-KrBQOx7KE&t=0s
There's bad illumination. Personally, I dont know why they have decided to do a a new belt, the last one looked great.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I think the bad lighting was done on purpose. Like 'Watch Final Battle to see what it looks like'
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Opening video for tomorrow's PPV, f'n hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcvQqmGA-ig
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is this?

King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

That new belt is absolutely gorgeous
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

What's the reason for the new belt? Is it the lawsuit?
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Sexy.

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wow, that new belt look beautiful!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

BELT THREAD

1. Hmm. I'm sure I'll get used to it but the belt seems a little bit less ROH-y(?) and a bit TNA-y. At the very least, this belt looks more of a mainstream championship belt than the one they've had since the end of 2012 (which I happen to like a lot). It also looks nice far away.

2. If the pattern of World Championship redesigns holds to effect then expect Cody to retain tonight.

3. So if we're also getting a WOH title, do you think all the other existing belts will soon be redesigned?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Personally I was happy with the title belt, It maybe needed to slightly bigger to have some presence like other main titles currently and in the past. After seeing it a couple of times it's growing on me but right now as Wilson comments it has a very main stream commerical feel to it which considering ROH's pattern of growth makes sense it just looks slightly out of place for me.

I do agree that the lawsuit could have a lot to do with the change, I imagine it could have something to do with the settlement if there has been one.

PeI've felt the TV title has needed a change for a while. I do like how it's different to other titles in wrestling and with the most part like pretty much all of the titles in ROH it has it's own defined look, there is though just something about that seems a bit mediocre and right now with Kenny King it feels a bigger title than what the belts design shows, well to me anyway.

I think the Tag titles are fine as they are, and I doubt they would redesign the 3 man titles after such a short time.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Wilson wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 am BELT THREAD

3. So if we're also getting a WOH title, do you think all the other existing belts will soon be redesigned?
Since this is mostly due to the lawsuit, I think only the World Title was in question but most likely they could redo all of them and create a WOH belt at some point.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 am BELT THREAD

2. If the pattern of World Championship redesigns holds to effect then expect Cody to retain tonight.
Yeah, but this one specifically has Cody's name on it, and which should lead one to think that he will be the champion in the long term, and thus seems like exactly the sort of thing Delirious would think would swerve people (and all for the simple cost of thousands of dollars!).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Just make an updated version of the police badge belt.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So I'm looking at the video, and compared to these pictures, the one Cody's holding in the video looks a bit different, in terms of on the surface. Aesthetically, still the same.

The pictures make the title look flat. Is it possible it's a replicate they plan on selling? Is it possible ROH could be gifting one to Cody for being the first title holder to hold the title, and they made a name plate for him just for that replicate?
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I'm thinking Best Friends take the tag titles tonight And Punishment Martinez wins the TV title. It may be interesting to see how things play out with Ospreay and War Machine. On the VOW podcast Lanza is saying Ospreay is rumored to be the upcoming Evolve return announcement so I wonder if he's gonna work U.S. indies soon. He also outright says that War Machine are finishing with ROH and New Japan soon.