ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by monster mafia »

King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Lord do I hope Best Friends win the tag belts.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 pm Lord do I hope Best Friends win the tag belts.
This.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't kill Delirious for his booking that often because I think if booking was as easy as we think it is, every wrestling show would be booked well when in reality none of them all. But boy was jobbing Best Friends to BCB & Silas at Global Wars Chicago and then putting them in (and winning) a #1 contenders match the very next show dumb af.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 pm I don't kill Delirious for his booking that often because I think if booking was as easy as we think it is, every wrestling show would be booked well when in reality none of them all. But boy was jobbing Best Friends to BCB & Silas at Global Wars Chicago and then putting them in (and winning) a #1 contenders match the very next show dumb af.
This is a case of where I don't think Best Friends losing to Silas & BCB hurt them at all. Chuck and Trent are over so this loss doesn't look so bad. I think Best Friends are winning the tag team titles at Final Battle. The MCMG's are transitional champs. The tag team scene in ROH needs to be rebuilt. Silas and BCB winning sets up a future storyline. I can only take so much Addiction bullshit. It's a fresh feud in my mind and I feel Delirious made the right call here.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

To be fair, Silas needed to be kept strong. Best Friends weren't effected by losing to them at all. Their a new tag team in the ROH tag division and have done pretty well to get this match if we're telling the truth, especially since I doubt Trent has any deal and is probably doing pay per appearance.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 pm Lord do I hope Best Friends win the tag belts.
I'm not dying for Shelley & Sabin to lose the belts like I feel some are but this show might need a real feel good moment like the Best Friends taking the straps.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxqYp4MTGM

Dammit. I still love those problematic Sandy Fork boys more than I know I ought to. Briscoes better get into something fierce and foolish next year.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I really wish Devon had come over with Bubba. I know he's doing the backstage thing or whatever but I'd so much rather have seen a straight up Briscoes vs Dudleys feud versus what we're getting.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

love the briscoes forever...this heel version is awesome.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Heel Briscoes looking for blood are the best thing in the world. That Hardcore watch at FB could be a show stealer and a violent spectacle.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 pm love the briscoes forever...this heel version is awesome.
Yerr! Jay Briscoe out here with the black and white bunting and the stringy 90s haircut looking like 2014 AJ Styles. Jay bout to get that main event heat--let's do this.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I still think Jay Briscoe should have popped Joe Koff in the mouth for shoving him. This bad ass heel turn for The Briscoes is long overdue.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great poster:

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

famicommander wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:01 pm I really wish Devon had come over with Bubba. I know he's doing the backstage thing or whatever but I'd so much rather have seen a straight up Briscoes vs Dudleys feud versus what we're getting.
Same, then maybe they could build to the dream match between The Briscoes and The Godwinn's after The Briscoes beat The Dudley's.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wait--they can't seriously be doing another climate disaster poster, can they? When the effects of Harvey and Irma are still felt so large? ROH was chewed out for this just last year. Please stop this gimmick.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

In case you missed it, the Final Battle PPV is included in the Cyber Black Monday sale. I got it for half off, plus another my Ringside Membership discount, so I ordered the biggest ROH event of the year for under $9. It's a great deal, so if you plan to watch it, I'd order it today. Even if not a Ringside Member, half off for what should be a very strong Final Battle is a great deal.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROHfan2002 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:21 am In case you missed it, the Final Battle PPV is included in the Cyber Black Monday sale. I got it for half off, plus another my Ringside Membership discount, so I ordered the biggest ROH event of the year for under $9. It's a great deal, so if you plan to watch it, I'd order it today. Even if not a Ringside Member, half off for what should be a very strong Final Battle is a great deal.
Wooooo, that's f'n awesome. Thanks for posting it here, I thought it was a discount only for VODs.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Six Man Tag Titles: Hung Bucks vs Flip Gordon, Dragon Lee, and Titan

This is gonna be so awesome. Dragon Lee and Titan? I know they probably won't win, but I really hope they do. Dragon Lee would become the first man to simultaneously hold championships in ROH and CMLL, as he is in his second reign as CMLL World Lightweight Champion.

This seems sort of random but I do like these guys. Hopefully they can put on a show.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Kudos, ROH! Flip teaming with Titan and Dragon Lee is definitely out of left field. That should be an absolutely delightful spotfest.

Ospreay/Taven is a big disappointment though. Wasting Ospreay on one of the most boring guys on the roster? Bah. The rest of the card easily makes up for it though. Show looks great thus far.