ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Discussion thread specifically for Final Battle 2017.

Ring of Honor’s seminal event, FINAL BATTLE, emanates from the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom on Friday December 15 at 9 PM EST! Fans around the world will be watching on Pay Per View, on the Fite.TV app, on ROHWrestling.com, and on Playstation Network as wrestling’s top stars clash with scores to be settled and championships to be decided!

Every year, Final Battle is the biggest event on the Ring of Honor calendar! Following the fastest sellout in Final Battle history, the only way you can see Final Battle LIVE is by joining ROH on Pay Per View, available on all major Pay Per View providers, ROHWrestling.com, Fite.TV, and Playstation Network on Friday December 15 at 9 PM EST!

ALREADY SIGNED
MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

ROH WORLD CHAMPION “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY (IF CHAMPION) vs. DALTON CASTLE

DREAM MATCH, NON-TITLE
IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. JAY LETHAL

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN) vs. BEST FRIENDS (BERETTA & CHUCKIE T.)

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP FOUR CORNERS ELIMINATION MATCH
SHANE TAYLOR vs. SILAS YOUNG vs. PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION KENNY KING

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ADAM PAGE & THE YOUNG BUCKS vs. FLIP GORDON, DRAGON LEE, & TITAN

SPECIAL ATTRACTION MATCH
MATT TAVEN vs. “THE AERIAL ASSASSIN” WILL OSPREAY

GRUDGE MATCH
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) VS. WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON)

NEW YORK STREET FIGHT
THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. BULLY RAY & TOMMY DREAMER

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE PRE-SHOW

JONATHAN GRESHAM VS JOSH WOODS

THE DAWGS VS. CHEESEBURGER & A PARTNER OF HIS CHOICE

PPV / iPPV / VOD
Local Time: Friday, Dec 15, 2017 09:00pm EST
The Manhattan Center's Hammerstein Ballroom311 W 34th StreetNew YorkNew York10001
Last edited by AlexROH on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
AlexROH

Re: ROH Final Battle 2017 Official Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Main event confirmed:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AWESOME...SO HYPE FOR THIS.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I think the main event has been well built, but based on spoilers from the last taping the rest of the card feels very random with throwaway matches all over. Only the Cody - Castle match and the Briscoes match feel like they have the appropriate build for the supposed "top show" of your calendar, and neither of those matches I expect to be special once the bell rings. Hoping the taping this weekend shakes things up. Do we know one way or the other if Omega will be at Final Battle? An interesting US title match being announced would help, ideally against Ospreay.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SPOILER:

Taven vs Ospreay? the sandstorm is coming
Last edited by Wilson on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler function is currently broken
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

njpw put this promo with the top 3 matches for WK...can roh put a promo like this with this year FB card?

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/9 ... 2000099328
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So I started thinking about which matches I'd like to see kept short so the other matches could have more time, and kind of realized how few matches on the card would benefit. I think Lethal / Scurll and the rumored BC / Flip's Army matches are the only ones I care to see get 15+ minutes. Everything else feels like it would be better in the 10 - 12 range for various reasons. I'm not exactly wishing Lethal / Silas and Bucks / MCMG had been dragged out to make it to Final Battle, but it certainly would have added some weight to the card. Anyone else feeling more optimistic?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lethal vs marty and mcmg vs best friends are great macthes on paper.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I really, really want Silas Young to win the TV Title.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm I really, really want Silas Young to win the TV Title.
Yep. Totally agree.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't disagree, but I'd like to see King retain over Taylor and build King / Silas into a proper fued before doing the switch.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm I don't disagree, but I'd like to see King retain over Taylor and build King / Silas into a proper fued before doing the switch.
Maybe Silas gets the win but pins one of the other wrestlers. Then him and Kenny can feud since King was never pinned for his title.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 am
maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm I don't disagree, but I'd like to see King retain over Taylor and build King / Silas into a proper fued before doing the switch.
Maybe Silas gets the win but pins one of the other wrestlers. Then him and Kenny can feud since King was never pinned for his title.
The match is a Four Way Elimination match.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Oh. Well then I hope it gets 15+ too, I hate elimination matches that feel rushed. Although if they do a double countout spot with Taylor and Martinez after a few minutes of them hitting power moves and then let Silas and Kenny have ten minutes by themselves, that would be fine, I guess.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am
kovs27 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 am
The match is a Four Way Elimination match.
Okay. How about Kenny eliminates the first two and Silas takes advantage of a weekend King to win the title. They could still use that as a jumping point to start a feud.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I was just wondering about a way for Cody to leave with the title in a screwy way. At the moment I think pinning Castle clean just isn't the way to go and I can't see Cody loosing here. So Would the idea of the boys turning on castle to cost him the title work?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You're over thinking it. If they want to do a screwy finish they just need to have Bullet Club hit the ring.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Villain vs The Franchise

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I saw someone say it elsewhere, but if the point of this match is to get Lethal back into his groove how awesome would it be if the old mix of his theme plays and Truth Martini corners him to the ring, to bring back the "old Jay Lethal"?

Since I read it, that to me would be an awesome moment for Final Battle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 am I saw someone say it elsewhere, but if the point of this match is to get Lethal back into his groove how awesome would it be if the old mix of his theme plays and Truth Martini corners him to the ring, to bring back the "old Jay Lethal"?

Since I read it, that to me would be an awesome moment for Final Battle.
That'd be pretty cool. I think a babyface Truth Martini could also be really fun.