Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:39 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:06 pm That match with Silas Young was easily the best I've seen Josh Woods look. Silas made him look really good and there were no major botches like when Woods didn't know how to take Kenny King's finisher.
Haven't seen this match, but your analysis solidifies why Silas deserves a run with the TV title.
Agreed. Silas has a proven track record of being able to bring the best out of guys who are much lower than him on the card.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great night of action. Packed house, great crowd. It was a long show with every kind of wrestling, really liked it. Cabana was great al PBP commentator, and BJ, well, he was funny. I don't really like him, but was innoffensive here.

- Cool opening segment with Amell, Addiction and Cody.

- Silas vs Woods ***, best performance in Woods career, he looks better in match with a slow tempo.
- Taylor vs Bruiser **3/4, big men doing big moves
- Lethal vs Martinez ***3/4 Great stuff, Martinez is improving a lot his timming and pacing. He has had an awesome second half of the year with great matches/victories.

- S&D vs The Kingdom ***3/4 - **** Very cool spotfest. The Kingdom really work great as a team. Very fluid match.
- THE DAWGS vs CMLL *** Fun for what it was. Long hit by the heels and a cool lucha comeback by the lucha guys. Cometa is awesome, Esfinge, you know, he's just an average guy. Really funny to see Cabana an BJ trying to speak in spanish.

- King vs Ryan ***1/4 Hilarious stuff. They did what people wanted them to do. The main story was Ryan's dick, his strenght and Kenny saying that "No is No". Basic match, Short and sweet. I would mind having Joe Ryan in ROH 4-5 times a year as a comedy act in random house shows.

- Castle vs Scurll ***1/2 Good match. They had some awesome exchanges with a lot of counter wrestling. I liked the finish because it was a nice call-back from Marty's debut match in Liverpool last year against Castle. Good build with Dalton returning and defeating the BC. First The Elite and now The Villian, he's looking strong.

- BC vs Addiction/Flip/Scorpio ***3/4+ Here you have your 30 minutes, fan service, Bullet Club spotfest. It was fun. You don't have to think when you are watching this matches, just sit down, relax and enjoy the action. The Bucks are so over that they can start their own chants and people will chant it too. Amell did OK. As I said before, if you don't like their previous matches, don't watch this. Better than ROH Elite's main event, IMO.

Overall, a very fun night of action. I really liked it and I'm really looking foward to night 2 and the SOTF Finals. Easy recommendation. A very easy to watch show that will help you to get excited going into Final Battle.

Final rating: 7,75 / 10.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

VOD for night 2 is up.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Night 3 is up.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Watched ME of Night 2. Awesome match! Greatest defense by Cody, by far. Old-school big match. Not some many spots, but each one was special. Daniels is an excellent storyteller --> ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I still have to see his title defenses against Elgin and Willie Mack outside ROH, but, for now, this is my top for Cody's reign:

- vs Daniels (SOTF) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- vs Lethal (Uprising) ⭐⭐⭐3/4
- vs SANADA (WOTW UK Liverpool) ⭐⭐⭐1/2
- vs Romero (Elite) ⭐⭐⭐1/2
- vs Daniels (ROH TV) ⭐⭐⭐1/4