Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dark patriot

Re: Official Survival Of The Fittest 2017 Thread

Post by dark patriot »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am
dark patriot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 am
TYFDK wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am Taven/Castle would be pretty good too, considering they’ve wrestled each other on tiny indies, and to main event a PPV together would be a good story for them.
hey pal there were at least 80 people at that EWA show back in January 2012. I think I won the 50/50 raffle that night. I remember Dalton had Taven in a side headlock on the mat and told Taven his hair smelled nice.
I was mainly talking about this match!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmhK8OrHYpU
cgstong wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 am ROH has averaged 1150 in 2017 so far according to Lavie who keeps track of this stuff for us
Where can we find his........findings?
surprised I missed that show,a lot of familiar names on it,thanks.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am
dark patriot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 am
TYFDK wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:21 am Taven/Castle would be pretty good too, considering they’ve wrestled each other on tiny indies, and to main event a PPV together would be a good story for them.
hey pal there were at least 80 people at that EWA show back in January 2012. I think I won the 50/50 raffle that night. I remember Dalton had Taven in a side headlock on the mat and told Taven his hair smelled nice.
I was mainly talking about this match!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmhK8OrHYpU
cgstong wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 am ROH has averaged 1150 in 2017 so far according to Lavie who keeps track of this stuff for us
Where can we find his........findings?
It was actually 1,105, and that's not "so far" but rather from January through June 2017. The article with analysis is here:
http://rohworld.com/2017-roh-mid-year-a ... istorical/

While the spreadsheet with the actual data is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sBHi ... tPcFk/view

This is just a guess, but I would imagine the final 2017 average will be even higher as this list doesn't account for Global Wars, War of the Worlds UK, the recent Florida and Texas shows, or of course Final Battle.

Hopefully Lavie follows through on his intention to update this after all the 2017 shows are complete. It would be awesome to have a complete record of ROH attendance in all the Sinclair years (and before, if possible).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Woooo, in just 6 month, WWE has had a better average and total assitance than they did the previous 5 year. Wow.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Of course WWE's numbers are going to dwarf ROH's. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The only company in the world that can even put a dent into WWE's attendance numbers is CMLL, and even then, it's not close.

But what's important is that ROH's average attendance has nearly doubled in the last five years. This is while Impact has resorted to paying people to watch, Lucha Underground fills a 200 seat building by giving away free tickets, and WWE's attendance numbers are in steady, long-term decline. And the hottest indies out there are lucky to run 2 shows a month.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Night 3 results

Credit: Sean Thurmond

The show opened with a dark match featuring The Dawgz going over local guys Ky-ote and Chandler Hopkins who are regulars with the Imperial Wrestling Revolution promotion.

The first match of the show was Jay Lethal going over Josh Woods with the Lethal Injection.

“The Unholy” Gregory James was out next to face Cheeseburger. James was accompanied by a young lady whose name I did not catch. After a couple of minutes the match was interupted by Jay and Mark Briscoe. They dispatched James with a 3D while Cheeseburger was already on the outside of the ring. They cut a promo on Bully Ray stating how that move was theirs now because Ray was no more. Cheeseburger finally made his way into the ring and challenged Jay Briscoe to a match that Jay won with the Jay Driller.

The next match was Rhett Titus making his second appearance of the night facing the incredibly popular Marty Scurll. Scurll won with the chickenwing.

Joey Ryan def Kikutaro after forcing Kikutaro to grab his dick, dick flipping him, taking a sucker from his trunks, sticking it in his mouth and superkicking him

Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser came out. BCB was set to face Cody in a non title match although in a pre match promo Cody reiterated how he wanted it to be for the title. Instead they settled on making the match for the ring. Cody won wth CrossRhodes and made BCB kiss the ring after.

Intermission where Matt Taven was preaching a sermon over by the merch table.

Deonna Perozzo made Madyson Rayne tap out to an armbar.

Kenny King cut a promo stating that due to a injury to his lip that the Oklahoma State Athletic Commison would not let him perform. So he did commentary with Ian and Colt for what I think was the rest of the night.He was scheduled to face Chris Sabin who we never saw.

Christopher Daniels cut a promo on Dalton Castle leading to an impromptu match. Daniels wrestled in street clothes and Castle won with the Bang a Rang.

The Young Bucks beat Vinny Marseglia and TK O'Ryan with the Meltzer Driver.

Punishment Martinez won Surival of the Fittest last pinning Flip Gordon. Eliminations occured in the following order

Matt Taven by DQ
Shane Taylor
Jonathan Gresham
Silas Young
Gordon.

Martinez was pretty dominant.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thanks for the results! But, where's the Kikutaro vs Joey Ryan match? And didn't the Bucks have a match?

It looks like the weakest show of the weekend, on paper. So many changes and injuries. At least, from what I've read on Twitter, this weekend was the first ROH live show for a lot of people and the feedback has been awesome.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

The Young Bucks beat Vinny Marseglia and TK O'Ryan right before the main event with the Meltzer Driver.

Joey Ryan def Kikutaro after forcing Kikutaro to grab his dick, dick flipping him, taking a sucker from his trunks, sticking it in his mouth and superkicking him
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

This show sounds horrendous, even by meaningless house show standards.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Was the Kenny King thig real? An injury in the LIB? Really? An Athletic Commision doesn't allow a wrestler to fight with an injury on his mouth?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

weak show on paper...the good thing was martinez winning sotf
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thelone wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:54 am This show sounds horrendous, even by meaningless house show standards.
monster mafia wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm weak show on paper...the good thing was martinez winning sotf
Thelone and mafia on the same wavelength automatically blesses your timeline. Show looks yeesh, but I'm willing to keep my tongue tied down if ROH really feels confident with Martinez.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Great call by Delirious to have Punishment Martinez win SOTF. I am quick to roast Delirious when he fucks up, but have been slow to give him props when he gets it right. This was the only call really and I didn't think Martinez would win. Don't think they will put the title on him just yet, but at least he's in the conversation now as far as main event status goes. This is what we want, with Martinez and Castle, younger​ guys main eventing.

The Joey Ryan cock flip is fucking dumb. The shock value was over the first time he did it. It's lazy in-ring storytelling.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The dick flip is funny. The Ric Flair faceplant of our generation.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm Great call by Delirious to have Punishment Martinez win SOTF. I am quick to roast Delirious when he fucks up, but have been slow to give him props when he gets it right. This was the only call really and I didn't think Martinez would win. Don't think they will put the title on him just yet, but at least he's in the conversation now as far as main event status goes. This is what we want, with Martinez and Castle, younger​ guys main eventing.

The Joey Ryan cock flip is fucking dumb. The shock value was over the first time he did it. It's lazy in-ring storytelling.
With Martinez winning, I really don't know now who's winning the Final Battle main event. I could see him vs. Bullet Club dudes in 2018...but I can also see Dalton sending the Boys to fight him before a big match. It could go either way.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm Great call by Delirious to have Punishment Martinez win SOTF. I am quick to roast Delirious when he fucks up, but have been slow to give him props when he gets it right. This was the only call really and I didn't think Martinez would win. Don't think they will put the title on him just yet, but at least he's in the conversation now as far as main event status goes. This is what we want, with Martinez and Castle, younger​ guys main eventing.
Fully agree with your assessment of Martinez winning. Will have a lot to say about it on the next Podcast of Honor
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm

With Martinez winning, I really don't know now who's winning the Final Battle main event. I could see him vs. Bullet Club dudes in 2018...but I can also see Dalton sending the Boys to fight him before a big match. It could go either way.
Yeah, that's the advantage with the Punishment Martinez character. You can insert him in with any opponent really. Since he turned on Whitmer, his character has been straightforward and that's the best presentation of him. Dude has really held his end up in the ring whether its Goto or Cheeseburger. Business wise he's in a good position, as I don't think Vince will be pursuing him just yet as his character might evoke too many similarities to the Undertaker for Vince's liking. It might be a wise idea for Koff to throw some more money at him now rather than later. Whether its Cole or O'Reilly, the questions surrounding talent leaving when their contract was coming to an end, was a big distraction earlier in the year. I don't know when Martinez's contract is up, but for locker room morale, it might be smart business to re-sign some of these guys early.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

VOD for Night 1 is now available.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Another VOD show, another god awful video bitrate.

Seriously, this had better stop on the new streaming service.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That match with Silas Young was easily the best I've seen Josh Woods look. Silas made him look really good and there were no major botches like when Woods didn't know how to take Kenny King's finisher.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:06 pm That match with Silas Young was easily the best I've seen Josh Woods look. Silas made him look really good and there were no major botches like when Woods didn't know how to take Kenny King's finisher.
Haven't seen this match, but your analysis solidifies why Silas deserves a run with the TV title.