FloSports Files Lawsuit Against WWN

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: FloSports Files Lawsuit Against WWN

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 am I think the video EVOLVE posted last night was more of a teaser for a reboot. They aren't going out of business.
Gabe's e-mail seemed to hint at this as well.
So...I subscribe to the belief that one has to question everything in life. I question whether this whole email leak by Gabe was a bunch of bullshit to generate interest in Evolve. Convenient time for a reboot. Doesn't sway my interest in the slightest towards Gabe and Evolve.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:40 pm
AlexROH wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 am

About Gabe. He has always being a dick. He ended Kaasas career bc he didn't want to buy a better ring. He almost lost his champ, Thatcher, for making him killed himself in that stupid match with Gulak. And now he blame everyone for leaking that stupid e-mail. I'm not saying I'm happy with this, but I like how people are realizing that Gabe is a dick. He's a good booker, but as a promoter and a business person? He's bad and stupid in some ways.
You want to criticize him for the Kaasa thing then fine, but please don't tell me he "made" Thatcher go do anything. I do not for one second believe that Gabe told them to do a bunch of suplexes onto the wooden beams under the ring. In fact, Gabe is probably the booker/promoter I have seen who seems to be the most concerned for the health of his talent. How many other bookers, after a match like the first Ladder War with how awesome it was and all of the buzz it got, would have refused to ever book another one because they were worried that the talent would injure themselves trying to top it? And he said the same thing after the Thatcher/Gulak match.
According to Steen, immediately after the 1st Ladder War in the back, all Gabe did was rave about Jimmy Jacobs. The health of the guys was an afterthought. Steen called Gabe out for being a dick and that's why Gabe made it a point to make an issue about their health publicly.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:41 pm
AlexROH wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 am

About Gabe. He has always being a dick. He ended Kaasas career bc he didn't want to buy a better ring. He almost lost his champ, Thatcher, for making him killed himself in that stupid match with Gulak. And now he blame everyone for leaking that stupid e-mail. I'm not saying I'm happy with this, but I like how people are realizing that Gabe is a dick. He's a good booker, but as a promoter and a business person? He's bad and stupid in some ways.
You want to criticize him for the Kaasa thing then fine, but please don't tell me he "made" Thatcher go do anything. I do not for one second believe that Gabe told them to do a bunch of suplexes onto the wooden beams under the ring. In fact, Gabe is probably the booker/promoter I have seen who seems to be the most concerned for the health of his talent. How many other bookers, after a match like the first Ladder War with how awesome it was and all of the buzz it got, would have refused to ever book another one because they were worried that the talent would injure themselves trying to top it? And he said the same thing after the Thatcher/Gulak match.
According to Steen, immediately after the 1st Ladder War in the back, all Gabe did was rave about Jimmy Jacobs. The health of the guys was an afterthought. Steen called Gabe out for being a dick and that's why Gabe made it a point to make an issue about their health publicly.
I watched the kevin steen show with gabe, and If I remember correctly Gabe said that he ran straight past steen & Generico to go check on Jay briscoe, who lost a lot of blood from the hanging. Kevin didn't realise or see this, which is why he made those comments about him.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Ahh. That I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification man.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TowerOfDoom wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:57 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:41 pm

I watched the kevin steen show with gabe, and If I remember correctly Gabe said that he ran straight past steen & Generico to go check on Jay briscoe, who lost a lot of blood from the hanging. Kevin didn't realise or see this, which is why he made those comments about him.
Yeah, I don't know where you're getting this from, Mojo. Steen also made a point of noting that the only reason this even stuck out in his mind was that it was the only time he had ever seen Gabe seemingly not concerned about the health of an injured wrestler.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:23 am I think the video EVOLVE posted last night was more of a teaser for a reboot. They aren't going out of business.
Gabe's e-mail seemed to hint at this as well.
So...I subscribe to the belief that one has to question everything in life. I question whether this whole email leak by Gabe was a bunch of bullshit to generate interest in Evolve. Convenient time for a reboot. Doesn't sway my interest in the slightest towards Gabe and Evolve.
I will admit that it seemed to me like an odd time for any sort of reboot, but if this is all a work then surely the leaked e-mail would have come out before the shows, right?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

evolve promoting a shutdown angle and the same time as their Wrestlemania weekend...

FUCK GABE AND FUCK EVOLVE.
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:18 pm evolve promoting a shutdown angle and the same time as their Wrestlemania weekend...

Why are you assuming it's a shutdown angle?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm
monster mafia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:18 pm evolve promoting a shutdown angle and the same time as their Wrestlemania weekend...

Why are you assuming it's a shutdown angle?
Yeah, I agree. Everything appears to be the exact opposite of that.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

Just wondering: How could they believe that the FloSlam concept works?

If you offer about five new shows per month for the price of less than two iPPVs, you need to triple your audience. Otherwise it's either a loss for WWN or FloSports (depending on how much is paid between them).

Why should not only all people who bought iPPVs now take the subscription, but bring two more subscribers with them?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Funny that he's "doubling down" on the rules after the Riddle apron piledriver spot.

But seriously, a wrestling promotion that doesn't allow piledrivers is not the wrestling promotion for me.

I wonder who is leaking these.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Whatever the reason, anyone trying to reduce or eliminate head drops deserves applause. Misawa’s death was one death too many. We were robbed of Danielson in his prime partially due to head drops and shoot headbutts. Way too many of our favorites served significant time on the shelf or had to retire early because of stupid bumps, including Austin, Edge, and Benoit.

Let the NJPW studs personally learn the hard way if they can’t learn shit from Misawa and Shibata. By cutting their careers short, they rob themselves of milking their top income, and the fans from more years of their contributions.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:28 pm I wonder who is leaking these.
The only time the "bcc" contacts are shown is when the sender is reviewing the message. If there was no bcc line then we probably only ever guess who the sender was. But it's there. It's an email ginned up by Gabe. The lack of specific interest in that letter pretty much confirms that. This LeakyGabe account cuts from the same cloth as his other internet-driven angles.

I'll also echo what supersonic wrote. Promoters should start talking about protecting health more publicly, and, well, promote it as an attractive part of their product.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I never said anything about wanting shoot headbutts or unprotected chair shots.

But there's thin line between eliminating stupid and unnecessary risks/spots and watering down your product. There is inherent risk in wrestling and piledrivers are perfectly safe if delivered properly. Guys like Steen and Cole being robbed of theirs while Taker gets a free pass is BS.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 pm But there's thin line between eliminating stupid and unnecessary risks/spots and watering down your product. There is inherent risk in wrestling and piledrivers are perfectly safe if delivered properly. Guys like Steen and Cole being robbed of theirs while Taker gets a free pass is BS.
The repercussions of a piledriver are really severe for that odd margin of error. In a date-heavy promotion like the WWE, things like piledrivers and sheer DDTs should only be used on the very select occasion. No one over 25 should be doing those bumps to themselves, especially if you're in the WWE and don't need the risk. Stuntmen like Omega and Ibushi should be the extreme exception.

Steen's new finish was made as soon as he got there. Cole never relied on the Panama Destroyer (but he's got to get out of his now lengthy work hump). Undertaker hits the piledriver once or twice a year.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Man, ever since Bennett dropped Whitmer on his head with that botched spot on the apron, those spots out there are just not worth it. Someone is going to get fucked up really bad someday.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

You know that LeakyGabe account was Gabe Sapolsky when he "filtred" and e-mail that said anything and "the real Gabe" didn't metion it on his Twitter. Plus, the account is already closed, so yeah, Gabe realized that another of his brillant ideas was bullshit ahahaha.
Big Red Machine

Duke of Bridgewater wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:03 am Just wondering: How could they believe that the FloSlam concept works?

If you offer about five new shows per month for the price of less than two iPPVs, you need to triple your audience. Otherwise it's either a loss for WWN or FloSports (depending on how much is paid between them).

Why should not only all people who bought iPPVs now take the subscription, but bring two more subscribers with them?
Because the idea is that if you're getting not just EVOLVE but all of the WWN promotions, plus whoever else FloSlam signs up (IPW:UK, Beyond, Joey Janela's promotion, etc.) for the same price, it would be a good enough deal to attract more people.
TheROHbot

Post by TheROHbot »

FloSlam thought they were going to get ROH, PWG, NJPW, etc. If they had, it might be a different story now.
Jim Cornette loves me.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They "thought" they were going to get these promotions for no good reason at all. They "thought" they could get ROH and then "thought" that for some reason NJPW would forget about NJPW World and join them with CMLL and the big indies falling into line behind them.

The money behind promotions like ROH, NJPW, and CMLL have the resources, content, and ability to stream their own content without a middle man.

These guys had a business that doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny: let's walk into a negotiation with a freaking multibillion dollar media conglomerate and tell them we can monetize their asset better than they can.

Every promotion that turned Floslam down looks smart coming out of this. Flosports comes out looking bad and WWNLive comes out looking bad.