ROH & Customer Service Failure

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHfan2002

ROH & Customer Service Failure

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Somewhat long story, but I'll make it as short as possible.

So on January 10, 2017 I signed up for the annual Ringside Membership. Paid my $59.99 and ROH accepted it. I've detailed before how I am a longtime fan and support this company. I always plan ahead, so yesterday I decided to cancel the membership to ensure that a busy next few months do not lead to me forgetting in January 2018 and having it renewed. My plan for next year is to scale back big time on wrestling due to upcoming work commitments.

So I canceled it. Today I tried to log in, and it said I am on the general membership now. It ended my annual membership upon cancellation. There is nothing I saw on the ROH website, nor was there a message when I went to cancel warning me that cancelling early would cut the service off early.

I know New Japan World ends right when you cancel, because I did that once. But they give you the warning before you push the final button. ROH did not. I canceled WWE Network recently (current product not doing it for me) and they give you until the end of the period you pay for. I also, planning ahead, canceled my Floslam annual subscription last night. They are allowing me access until that year I paid for is up in late January 2018. In the past, when the European seasons are done, I've canceled my Fox Soccer 2 Go account for the summer months. They allows give you access up through what you've paid for.

Needless to say, this pissed me off. I sent ROH an email telling them this and stating they should honor the ANNUAL part of that and give me until January 10, 2018 AS I PAID FOR AND THEY ACCEPTED PAYMENT FOR. Or, they could simply reimburse me for the three months I did pay for they are denying me access.

Allow me to point out that I've gotten countless DVD's in the past. I've gotten every PPV since DBD in 2015. I've gotten every VOD in 2016 and 2017. I've had Ringside memberships since 2013. I added it up, and not even including DVD's I've given ROH over $1,000 easily in the last four years.

But this shitty customer service, if they do not respond, will lead me to giving up on ROH, probably forever. I've already gone back to Floslam, the biggest competitor to ROH out there, and changed my cancellation. They gave me 20% off for my next annual subscription renewal. That means in late January 2018 I will pay $120 for a year of Floslam (which with the monthly hike to $30, is now paying for 4 months and getting 8 free). For $120 that would have gone to ROH (much more than that), I'll have access to all the past events and the current live events, rather than just giving me a 25% discount.

I know things have changed under SBG, but treating your loyal customers who spend their money on your product like crap will cost them this customer.

Anybody else give up on ROH due to poor customer service?
Thelone

Re: ROH & Customer Service Failure

Post by Thelone »

The payment system is buggy as fuck and I know that very well, although for a completely different reason.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

It amazes me, from a customer service aspect, that you wouldn't at least tell the consumer that if they cancel early, access is gone early. If they had warned me ahead of time, I got no complaint. My bad. But it is somewhat ridiculous to me.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

You know what? Fuck it, this company deserves to be made fun of so let me quickly show you how ridiculously buggy the ROH website is.

So I had a ringside membership at some point in 2013 and let it go after a while because I didn't have the time to follow the product during that period. Nothing out of the ordinary so far :

Anyway, moving on to later in 2014 when I bought back a ringside membership right before ASE6. It didn't last long and cancelled it again in December 2014, but then this happened :

I'll let you decide what this means.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Sorry I didn't update this sooner. But I would be a jackass if I didn't state that ROH did respond to my email within 24 hours and made good. It stated they did not now why it stopped my membership immediately it should not have happened, and they corrected it to continue my access until January 2018. Good on them.

As for Floslam....obviously I've cancelled that and gotten my refund. No reason to pay for something that has absolutely no content and no more Evolve.