New interviews with Lethal, Briscoes and Young Bucks

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

New interviews with Lethal, Briscoes and Young Bucks

Post by AlexROH »

Last week, when I went to WOTW UK:London, I was able to do some interviews. The interviews are in spanish, but here you have the links translated (via Google):

- Jay Lethal: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

- The Briscoes: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

- The Young Bucks: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

All five guys were great and I really enjoyed my time with them (credit to my girlfriend for the photos). The Lethal one is the "weaker" I'd say. On the other hand, the ones with The Briscoes and The Young Bucks were great. I'd say both teams talked about everything in a very sincere way.

Hope everybody who read them enjoy them! :D
kovs27

Re: New interviews with Lethal, Briscoes and Young Bucks

Post by kovs27 »

Thank you for posting Alex. All 3 interviews were solid reads. Keep up the good work.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thanks for posting this Alex. Outstanding job as usual.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I really liked these. Honestly, I thought you asked some pretty bold-faced questions. Did you conduct these in English, or was there an interpreter in the room? Lethal blending kayfabe into the interview is a bit cloying to me as well. When you do hold your next interview, I would like to know if, contractually permitting, any of the guys would want to add NJPW USA dates to their full-time schedule.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:04 am I really liked these. Honestly, I thought you asked some pretty bold-faced questions. Did you conduct these in English, or was there an interpreter in the room? Lethal blending kayfabe into the interview is a bit cloying to me as well. When you do hold your next interview, I would like to know if, contractually permitting, any of the guys would want to add NJPW USA dates to their full-time schedule.
Ouch, I didn't remember that NJPW is starting the Dojo next year in USA, would have been an interesting thing to ask them.

I do all my interviews in english without interpreter. I think that's the only way an interview feels natural and the wrestler feel confortable. One thing I like to do it's just to have some items (in spanish) in my notebook with the topics I want to talk about. Then, when the interview starst, just have a natural conversation with the wrestler.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thanks everyone for the possitive feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed my job!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:44 am
Wilson wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:04 am I really liked these. Honestly, I thought you asked some pretty bold-faced questions. Did you conduct these in English, or was there an interpreter in the room? Lethal blending kayfabe into the interview is a bit cloying to me as well. When you do hold your next interview, I would like to know if, contractually permitting, any of the guys would want to add NJPW USA dates to their full-time schedule.
Ouch, I didn't remember that NJPW is starting the Dojo next year in USA, would have been an interesting thing to ask them.

I do all my interviews in english without interpreter. I think that's the only way an interview feels natural and the wrestler feel confortable. One thing I like to do it's just to have some items (in spanish) in my notebook with the topics I want to talk about. Then, when the interview starst, just have a natural conversation with the wrestler.
Yeah, Wilson makes a great point. Before you interview any of these guys, are you told not to ask certain questions?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:20 pm
AlexROH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:44 am

Yeah, Wilson makes a great point. Before you interview any of these guys, are you told not to ask certain questions?
No. That's why enjoy working with indy wrestlers or ROH, because you can talk out of the kayfabe and ask whatever you want. If you ask a question and the wrestler doesn't want/cannot answer it, he will tell you or answer you more "kayfabe". But you don't have limitations.

On the other hand, the times I work with WWE, in live events or conference calls, it sucks. Bc, you know, it's a " bigger" wrestler, but they have a lot of limitations, they Told you before that the wrestlers are talking as characters, not normal people, and most of them respect 100% the kayfabe, something that I find really stupid in 2017 lol.