ROH championship belt lawsuit

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

ROH championship belt lawsuit

Post by supersonic »

http://dlvr.it/PhrtqF

Time stamp approximately 1:56:00

All the public files on the lawsuit - http://ia601208.us.archive.org/21/items ... ocket.html
Wilson

Re: ROH championship belt lawsuit

Post by Wilson »

This story is several months old. https://411mania.com/wrestling/roh-news ... ht-issues/

But, yes, shoutout to the Wrestlenomics crew.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

So what do you guys think about the 'Ring' of Honor over having an actual belt?
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Opened this back up. Didn’t realize that the current ROH title is under litigation. I thought it was the reproduction of the UWF-style belt that got them hot. Probably should have had my eyes more open when reading about the spoilers about the bling ring of honor. I was under the impression that it was more expected winking, fourth-wall acknowledgment from the Bullet Club.

My hot take: Not Having Your Belt is Bad.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think you guys are leaping from one plothole to another solely because of an action taken by a character on TV. There is no evidence in any of the enclosed files that say ROH has to remove any title from its promotion, in fact its actually the opposite. ROH's counsel - who by the way, is very clearly way beyond and above better than PM&M's, like this woman is all over their shit - filed for dismissal which is the last entry in the case. The reason they filed for dismissal is because they are stating that ROH "commissioned" PM&M to create the belts for use on live event, TV and PPV platforms, which PM&M actually said themselves in a previous entry but they are still yet to provide proof that they outright own the copyrights for the physical belts because they were comissioned for create them for ROH, so they are then the property of ROH.

No matter the case, there is nothing here that says ROH can't use any of their titles. The case is still open and as I said above, ROH's legal counsel are way ahead of either Figures Toys or PM&M. I don't see any damage coming from this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDtmlvRCM8&t=0s

ROH posted the "Ring of Honor" segment yesterday. The proper ROH World Title is shown on the program. I'm the least authoritative figure on this to turn to in this scenario, but that footage gives me confidence that the belt should be broadcast on any syndication without issue. Any potential dilemmas with reproductions of the belts are probably going to be felt in circles other than this board.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

cgstong wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 am So what do you guys think about the 'Ring' of Honor over having an actual belt?
It's among the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:30 pm
cgstong wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 am So what do you guys think about the 'Ring' of Honor over having an actual belt?
This x 1000.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:31 pm
This x 1000.
Does anyone have an idea what that segment was? Like, thirty-years outdated "cheap heat"? Was it an infomercial? And is he supposed to be a babyface? What is this?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Echoing the same thing. The Ring of Honor is a bunch of dumb bullshit.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:31 pm

This x 1000.
Does anyone have an idea what that segment was? Like, thirty-years outdated "cheap heat"? Was it an infomercial? And is he supposed to be a babyface? What is this?
Is he supposed to be a babyface? Cody plays up to the crowd like one, but his antics are in complete disharmony with that. It's a disaster that's completely bereft of direction.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:54 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDtmlvRCM8&t=0s

ROH posted the "Ring of Honor" segment yesterday. The proper ROH World Title is shown on the program. I'm the least authoritative figure on this to turn to in this scenario, but that footage gives me confidence that the belt should be broadcast on any syndication without issue. Any potential dilemmas with reproductions of the belts are probably going to be felt in circles other than this board.
Yes, but why would they put the segment on YouTube isntead of on TV? Idk, on the other hand, ROH stills post photos and vídeos with the Title when they hype the Suzuki-Cody match, plus, this lawsuit should affect all three belts? Or just the World Title?

Plus, I see the "Ring" of Honor thing as a sustitute of the Code of Honor, not of the World Title Belt.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Can anyone confirm if this segment aired on the SBG program?

If this is just a wrestling angle being introduced here to be employed again throughout his title defenses, then I think it’s a pretty decently smart angle, or at least very honest effort of getting heat back on Cody.