Rhyno now property of the House of Truth for $70,000

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Rhyno now property of the House of Truth for $70,000

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Does this mean Elgin and Rhino as a tag team?

We shall see
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Marketh.

Re: Rhyno now property of the House of Truth for $70,000

Post by Marketh. »

It's so difficult to buy into ROH and their $_0,000 gimmicks. We know they're not throwing around that kind of money. You don't even need insider knowledge to know that, you can just look at their arena setups and production value.
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

No tag team needed i smell an Elgin face turn very soon! And Truth giving Elgin the we don't need you anymore we already have a monster treatment. Followed by an Elgin/Rhino feud.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:No tag team needed i smell an Elgin face turn very soon! And Truth giving Elgin the we don't need you anymore we already have a monster treatment. Followed by an Elgin/Rhino feud.
Yeah, it started Saturday when Davey was telling him to move on from Truth
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Glad Rhyno will be used more frequently now :)
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:No tag team needed i smell an Elgin face turn very soon! And Truth giving Elgin the we don't need you anymore we already have a monster treatment. Followed by an Elgin/Rhino feud.
Davey has told Elgin this before in another match..just can't remember which one. I can't wait for the day when Elgin has Truth on his shoulders and then gives him the thumbs down. And slams his ass to the mat with a back drop or something along those lines.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Marketh. wrote:It's so difficult to buy into ROH and their $_0,000 gimmicks. We know they're not throwing around that kind of money. You don't even need insider knowledge to know that, you can just look at their arena setups and production value.
The money Nana and Martini has =/= ROH's money?
hairmatch

Post by hairmatch »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
They've been building tension between Elgin and Roddy for a while, and that almost came to a head when Roddy insisted that Elgin would give him his title shot at SITS (during a TV show). Elgin started to talk back until they were interrupted (by Steen, I think?). Since both had title shots, back to back, and Roddy won his, even though Elgin had a better match, it's set up perfectly for Truth and Roddy to double down on the stepchild treatment. It should be a lot of fun to see how it plays out.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

YimYac wrote:
Marketh. wrote:It's so difficult to buy into ROH and their $_0,000 gimmicks. We know they're not throwing around that kind of money. You don't even need insider knowledge to know that, you can just look at their arena setups and production value.
Nana and Martini = ROH employees? ROH are the ones booking all the angles involving such unrealistic amounts of money?
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Marketh. wrote:
YimYac wrote:
Nana and Martini = ROH employees? ROH are the ones booking all the angles involving such unrealistic amounts of money?
While i agree the ammounts of money tossed around for fines,contracts and winnings are unrealistic. This is also wrestling and is not always booked for the smart fan that knows better. Believe it or not there are actually fans that don't read internet spoilers and get involved in the behind the scenes part of the show. Those are the fans that still buy into Kayfabe and storylines. And besides ROH would sound really small time if Nana was selling Rhino to Truth for $500 now wouldn't it? Remember Nana is supposed to be a Millionaire from Ghana.

Sometimes i like the Chikara board better fans have fun and roll with the gimmicks and kayfabe. And don't always take things so serious and literally. Not knocking you Maketh but sometimes i wish fans would just go with it at times. No matter how far fetched some of the ideas are!
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:
While i agree the ammounts of money tossed around for fines,contracts and winnings are unrealistic. This is also wrestling and is not always booked for the smart fan that knows better. Believe it or not there are actually fans that don't read internet spoilers and get involved in the behind the scenes part of the show. Those are the fans that still buy into Kayfabe and storylines. And besides ROH would sound really small time if Nana was selling Rhino to Truth for $500 now wouldn't it? Remember Nana is supposed to be a Millionaire from Ghana.

Sometimes i like the Chikara board better fans have fun and roll with the gimmicks and kayfabe. And don't always take things so serious and literally. Not knocking you Maketh but sometimes i wish fans would just go with it at times. No matter how far fetched some of the ideas are!
This. Sometimes we are too smart for our own good.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Sometimes i like the Chikara board better fans have fun and roll with the gimmicks and kayfabe. And don't always take things so serious and literally. Not knocking you Maketh but sometimes i wish fans would just go with it at times. No matter how far fetched some of the ideas are!
Yup, good post +1 This is pro wrestling folks, it's a live action soap opera.... At times I dread coming here, there is so much negativity, it's just not fun.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I get what you're saying, but one of the first points I made was that you can just look at ROH and know they can't possibly be throwing this kind of money around. That's looking at it from a casual point of view, not a smark one.
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Marketh. wrote:I get what you're saying, but one of the first points I made was that you can just look at ROH and know they can't possibly be throwing this kind of money around. That's looking at it from a casual point of view, not a smark one.
Back in the day Ric Flair would come out during an NWA telecast talking about being a limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!

Thats the arena he used to wrestle in during the mid 80's before all the pyro and huge sets on tv. You're telling me it was believable back then that this guy was making millions wrestling? The thing is back then when a huge fine was given out or somebody was claiming to be making millions fans didn't over think whether or not it was true or not. They just went along with it for the ride.

I agree casual point it is unrealistic..but thats beside the point!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Rhino was announced for Toronto on the Newswire

Rhino getting his title shot after he wins in the proving ground maybe?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Say that something is unrealistic speaking about wrestling is weird to me
Tree

Post by Tree »

Marketh. wrote:
YimYac wrote:
it's wrestling. it's grown men in tights pretending to beat each other up. suspend your disbelief, or just stop watching. it's like watching a movie and say "there is NO WAY Jackie Chan could really do that!!!"
Tree

Post by Tree »

hairmatch wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:
They've been building tension between Elgin and Roddy for a while, and that almost came to a head when Roddy insisted that Elgin would give him his title shot at SITS (during a TV show). Elgin started to talk back until they were interrupted (by Steen, I think?). Since both had title shots, back to back, and Roddy won his, even though Elgin had a better match, it's set up perfectly for Truth and Roddy to double down on the stepchild treatment. It should be a lot of fun to see how it plays out.
except for the fact that after watching the shows live this weekend, I think the swerve is that Roddy is turning, not Elgin.

there was obvious tension between Roddy and Truth, and Roddy walked behind the curtain alone after both of his matches. Add to the new face-style Roddy t shirt, and the fact he worked face in the match he won against Lethal, i'm betting he's the one to go face, not Elgin. at least not for awhile.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

Rhino faces Davey in a Proving Ground match at the upcoming TV tapings.
User banned for blatant trolling.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Tree wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
YimYac wrote:The money Nana and Martini has =/= ROH's money?
it's wrestling. it's grown men in tights pretending to beat each other up. suspend your disbelief, or just stop watching. it's like watching a movie and say "there is NO WAY Jackie Chan could really do that!!!"
You've all made your points and I guess I concede. A first on the internet, perhaps. But I will just say that I don't think your Jackie Chan analogy works in this particular argument, as well as simplifying it all down to me just needing to suspend my disbelief.
Last Real Man Hype