Global Wars 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Global Wars 2017 Thread

Post by famicommander »

Oh no it's Faye Jackson
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Britt Baker had a very good showing in that match. Nice to see some forward movement on Women of Honor at least.

Still need to get some of these ladies locked up to contracts, getting into meaningful feuds on TV, and competing for a championship.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great show tonight!! The stream worked perfect all night and the camera work from production was excellent! Really good in-ring action with a hilarious ME full of comedy.

- Mark vs Hiromu NR
- Best Friends vs Dawgs **3/4
- Lethal vs White ***3/4
- Tag Title Match ****
- 6 Man Mayhem for the TV Title ***1/2 (Woods is so green that he doesn't know how to get a Royal Flush)
- War Machine vs KES *** - ***1/4 (Fun brawl)
- Silas vs Suzuki ***3/4 (great match! I would have loved to see a 20 minutes match. Silas trash talking Suzuki was gold)
- CHAOS vs BC ***1/2 (In ring it was maybe ***, but if you like comedy, Yano and BC things, this was cool and I'm sure everybody in Pittsburgh loved every second of it)

Final rating: 7,75 / 10
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

It was noted that only the live stream was free but, since they are using Ustream server, you can go to the live page for the Columbus stream and you'll be able to watch the copy that Ustream made during the show. So yeah, you have for free the VOD (idk until when) too:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/content/glo ... de-special
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm Oh no it's Faye Jackson
she does the crappy butt in the corner that hardly ever/barely makes contact and i feel sets the business back like 10 years every time i see it because the opponent still sells it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

8-10 weeks is a hell of a lot shorter than it looked like it might be. I've seen that same injury when I played high school football and the kid was out a year and a half.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Argh, this sucks men. I was really looking foward to his matches in Chicago, Philly (TV Title shot) and his role in Jay and Bully's story going into FB :(
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So 8 to 10 weeks? He might be able to make it back in time for Final Battle, but that's cutting it close.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dark patriot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:43 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 pm Oh no it's Faye Jackson
she does the crappy butt in the corner that hardly ever/barely makes contact and i feel sets the business back like 10 years every time i see it because the opponent still sells it.
Agreed. It looks fucking terrible. It also depends on the opponent. I have seen matches where the BCB flies into the corner and the opponent can absorb it more believable than others.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Good first half today. The crowd isn't as good as yesterday, but solid stuff. I really liked the segment when they re-book the King vs BC tag match bc of Mark's injury. It's better than just put a random guy with Kenny King.

Btw, Lethal is having such a strong booking in this tour. Long and great matches. He facing Cody at FB is something that I'd like to see if Dalton isn't ready.

Addiction vs S&D ⭐ ⭐ ⭐1/4
Lethal vs Hiromu ⭐ ⭐ ⭐3/4
Machine Guns vs Silas/Bruiser ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Suzuki Gun vs CHAOS ⭐ ⭐ ⭐1/2
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I didn't realize how early this show started and turned it on right at the start for the tag title match. MCMG have looked really good lately. 6 man tag was enjoyable. I can watch Suzuki-Gun beat up Chaos all day.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well, fun second half, but the Cody match really hurt me. I'll have to watch the ME again, bc I didn't enjoyed as much as I thought bc I was so tired (second day watching wrestling live late at night and sleeping 4 hours isn't good), Overall, good show, but not as good as Pittsburgh, IMO, bc of the crowd.

Taylor vs Woods ⭐ ⭐1/4
King/Cabana vs Page/Scurll ⭐ ⭐ ⭐1/2
Cody vs KUSHIDA ⭐ ⭐3/4 - ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
The Elite vs Best Friends & Flip ⭐ ⭐ ⭐3/4 - ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Final rating: 6,75 - 7,00 / 10.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Post show promo from Jay Briscoe:

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 4358998016

Really love Jay Briscoe as a heel, he's awesome! Hope he wrestle tonight so we can see Suzuki-Gun vs ROH All Stars (King, Lethal and him). It would be interesting bc there'll be tensions between the ROH team and we would be able to see Jay Briscoe vs Minoru Suzuki.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Enjoyed the show last night, I thought every match delivered in some way and the whole show had a good balance with the fans not being burnt out before the final match. It was interesting to have the intermission, personally I am used to it with New Japan so it's not anything new but it didn't feel odd or out of place for this show.

I thought Cody's match was the best he has in ROH, even if it could have gone a little longer. Personally when Cody is trying to be this type of charachter I think it's his best version, he created a good dynamic of defining himself as the heel in the match and he should do this more.

I agree with Alex it wasn't as good as Pittsburgh, but I don't think it's a huge difference, my main problem would be the main event felt old hat because it had similiarities to Pittsburgh and honestly I would have prefered a more serious attitude to last nights and it would have helped if it were given a much more defined idea that the titles were on the line.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Also posted in the Ticket Sales thread, I have to sell my ticket for tonight's show due to unforeseen circumstances. PM me for info.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wonderful first hafl! If the seconds delivers, this could be one of the best shows of the year, not only in ROH. Really liked both promos, the first one with Caslte (FUCK YEAH) returning and the Bully "retirement" speech, he's awesome on the mic.

- Best Friends vs Silas/Bruiser ***1/2
- Marty Scurll vs Hiromu Takahashi ****
- 94 Burger vs The Addiction ***
- S&D vs Bullt Club ****
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

JIMMY JACOBS!!!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Good second half. The beginning was a little bit awkward with the Dawgs match, Jay's promo and Taylor's promo, but in-ring was fun. Flip with the performance of his life. The main event was good. I really liked how HASHI played heel in a fine way. The post ref. bump stuff was a little too much, but the crowd enjoyed it a lot. And well, LOL Jimmy Jacobs ahaha.

- Dawgs vs The Mean Team ⭐⭐
- Suzuki-Gun vs King/Lethal/Taylor ⭐⭐⭐1/4
- Cabana vs Yano ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ospreay vs Flip ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/4
- HASHI vs Omega ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Final rating: 8/10.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Flip put on the match of his life. That was HIGHLY impressive. Stole the weekend imo.