Global Wars 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Global Wars 2017 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

i want a singles match for omega in this show.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Me too.

Which means they'll do Omega and Hangman against Bully and Mark Briscoe.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:49 pm Me too.

With Page doing the job.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm

With Page doing the job.
Well SOMEONE has to take the Bubba Bomb through a table, and Omega is too big of a star too.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The Kenny Omega appearance as U.S. champion looks to be a house show on 10/15 in Villa Park, IL (Chicago), at the Odeum Expo Center, a much larger building than they’ve ever run in the market. It can hold 5,000 although it’ll likely to set up for considerably less. Omega’s opponent was not announced although we do know his choice would be Will Ospreay. Then they issued a correction and said that it wasn’t a U.S. title match but that Omega would be on the show. All I know is that when the decision was made for Omega to be champion, he was going to defend it in October on an ROH show. So either that has changed or New Japan is looking at Omega defending the title in September on its big show that month (likely against somebody who beats him in G-1, meaning Michael Elgin is at least in play), and thus doesn’t want the title announcement made until after that show. There will be other New Japan guys on the show, but not the big guns, as the other shows that week have Kushida, Hiromu Takahashi, Yoshi-Hashi, Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer, so that may be the crew
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:19 pm US Title likely to be on the line but NJPW doesn't care to publicly confirm more than one defense at a time. ROH has irritated NJPW over the issue in the past.
Which is kind of sad on ROH's part that they didn't even think to add in the words "if still champion" like they should for every title defense
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Anyone else think it's slightly odd that Omega hasn't been announced for the rest of the tour yet?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

omega vs ospreay can draw 2000 people easily.

also i need kes vs briscoes or war machine
hiromu vs marty
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:20 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm

With Page doing the job.
Well SOMEONE has to take the Bubba Bomb through a table, and Omega is too big of a star too.
Or...Page can pin Mark. Ya know something different than Page being the constant fall guy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

observer

ROH tickets for the 10/15 show in Chicago with Kenny Omega went on sale today. In just a few hours, the company has already broken its all time ticket sales record for the market and it's a lock to be one of the two biggest crowds in company history.

plus note: Estimate 1,850 tix sold/475 remain looks like the odeum is set up for 2280-2300 per the roh seating chart
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Seems like they should add more seats if there are already that many sold with two months before the show.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

With attendance numbers like that, Kenny Omega indirectly keeps Delirious employed as booker. Fuck.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:09 am With attendance numbers like that, Kenny Omega indirectly keeps Delirious employed as booker. Fuck.
This is the best year in the company's history in terms of business.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I still think a lot is hanging in the balance with respect to the Tribune merger.

If ROH can get on all of those local Tribune stations and WGN, it's going to really elevate their visibility. It's a little discouraging that they went from Comet to Charge, though. Charge makes more sense as far as what else is on that channel, but Comet is in almost twice as many homes. I'm back to Fite TV and/or rohwrestling.com to watch the weekly show here in Denver.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Heck, that Chicago show may have some kind of announcement regarding Tribune being that Tribune is Chicago based.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

YimYac wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:35 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:09 am With attendance numbers like that, Kenny Omega indirectly keeps Delirious employed as booker. Fuck.
Yeah I know man. Which leads me to have to accept the fact that Koff likens his relationship with Delirious akin to that of a football general manager and a head coach unfortunately. If the results are there (i.e. attendance), he won't make a change.

I am quite familiar with the Frontier Fieldhouse and The Odeum. The difference in the two for hosting shows is staggering. It will broadcast much better on TV as far as aesthetics go. To get the attendance numbers thus far for a show in October blows my mind.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:13 pm
Yeah I know man. Which leads me to have to accept the fact that Koff likens his relationship with Delirious akin to that of a football general manager and a head coach unfortunately. If the results are there (i.e. attendance), he won't make a change.

I am quite familiar with the Frontier Fieldhouse and The Odeum. The difference in the two for hosting shows is staggering. It will broadcast much better on TV as far as aesthetics go. To get the attendance numbers thus far for a show in October blows my mind.
I don't understand the logic of

"Hey you just made our business the best it's been business-wise in 15 years, alright time to fire you because a few fans are unhappy"

Would that make sense to you as the owner of a company?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Let's see if ROH will have a way to rebound from the seemingly inevitable decision by NJPW to split away, whenever that may be.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

YimYac wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:30 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't understand the logic of

"Hey you just made our business the best it's been business-wise in 15 years, alright time to fire you because a few fans are unhappy"

Would that make sense to you as the owner of a company?
Uh, you are missing my point. I am saying that Delirious is no danger of losing his job because of attendance numbers. Yeah I am one of the 10% or so of the fanbase that wants him fired. And no, an owner wouldn't want him fired when he looks at the numbers. So what are you trying to prove now? My original post came to this decision without your input.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I am going to this show officially. This was completely unexpected. A fellow board member, who​ also happens to be a very good friend, bought me a ticket. I am super stoked to see Kenny Omega live in person for the first time. This also happens to be my first ROH show in years. With Omega and the NJPW talent on this show I couldn't have asked for a better show to go to.