Global Wars 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Global Wars 2017 Thread

Post by famicommander »

Omega is one guy I could see staying with NJPW long term. He's already a top guy there, he's got access to probably as many ROH/CMLL/PWG/UK bookings as he wants, he actually lives in Japan and speaks Japanese fluently, and NJPW is clearly on the rise right now while WWE is clearly on the decline. Of course the disparity between them is still very large in terms of overall size, but I get the feeling Vince would have to fork over Lesnar/Cena money to pry Kenny away from NJPW. Omega has a chance to be the guy that truly elevates NJPW to mainstream prominence. He is in a unique position because he has all the tools to be a top guy in an American promotion AND a Japanese promotion. He can cut great promos in two languages and he can work pretty much any style of match and get it over.

Okada already makes as much as all but the very top tier in WWE, according to Meltzer. NJPW needs to pay Omega like they do Okada.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:51 pm Omega is one guy I could see staying with NJPW long term. He's already a top guy there, he's got access to probably as many ROH/CMLL/PWG/UK bookings as he wants, he actually lives in Japan and speaks Japanese fluently, and NJPW is clearly on the rise right now while WWE is clearly on the decline. Of course the disparity between them is still very large in terms of overall size, but I get the feeling Vince would have to fork over Lesnar/Cena money to pry Kenny away from NJPW. Omega has a chance to be the guy that truly elevates NJPW to mainstream prominence. He is in a unique position because he has all the tools to be a top guy in an American promotion AND a Japanese promotion. He can cut great promos in two languages and he can work pretty much any style of match and get it over.

Okada already makes as much as all but the very top tier in WWE, according to Meltzer. NJPW needs to pay Omega like they do Okada.
All of this. If Omega wants to be a top star in an American promotion, he'll ask for more ROH dates and ROH will be more than glad to have him as their champion. If New Japan is willing to pony up the money, he pretty much has nothing to gain by going to WWE and everything to lose.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The idea of Kenny Omega in the WWE is nauseating.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Should it be assumed that Omega's match won't be announced after his obvious defense on Destruction weekend?
Big Red Machine

supersonic wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 am Should it be assumed that Omega's match won't be announced after his obvious defense on Destruction weekend?
That would be my assumption.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Omega is defending the US Title next month against Juice Robinson. The only other ready-made challenger stemming from G-1 is Elgin, who fucked off last year.

Do we see Elgin returning to face Omega in Chicago since it's NJPW-related? A different challenger assuming Omega is still US Champion? Or does Omega do something different, perhaps an Elite trios match?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

supersonic wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am Omega is defending the US Title next month against Juice Robinson. The only other ready-made challenger stemming from G-1 is Elgin, who fucked off last year.

Do we see Elgin returning to face Omega in Chicago since it's NJPW-related? A different challenger assuming Omega is still US Champion? Or does Omega do something different, perhaps an Elite trios match?
With ROH’s premature copy already out so is the genie, of which would be too caustic to try putting back in the bottle, especially for a show this size. Intuition tells me that if Elgin really persisted not to participate in this big title defense because it was in Sinclairland, then I don’t think he would’ve been given the fall over Kenny during the G1. However, if not Elgin, there’s still a slew of uncommitted New Japan talent that could work nearly as well: Goto, Ospreay, SANADA, Hiromu, YOSHI-HASHI, a rematch against Juice, and even Cody.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would love to see Goto vs Omega.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Omega vs. Ospreay would be awesome.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

PW Torch is reporting almost all of the Suzuki Gun faction will be on the tour. Obviously Sabre is not given his contract status to WWNLive.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/08/23/ ... -analysis/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Big Red Machine

Please tell me that "nearly all members of Suzuki-Gun" means we're getting Suzuki, K.E.S., El Desperado, and Kanemaru, and not Iizuka and Taichi.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

KES is probably a given considering ROH booked Smith solo a few times.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Suzuki-gun might be nice for exactly one tour. Anything else would concern me as another NOAH-esque derailing.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Whatever has Minoru Suzuki in ROH the most is fine by me.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Hell gimme Briscoes & Bully vs. Suzuki & KES
We get Jay vs. Suzuki and Briscoes vs. KES in one match...and Bully is there too.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:41 pm Suzuki-gun might be nice for exactly one tour. Anything else would concern me as another NOAH-esque derailing.
I thought Suzuki-Gun in NOAH was great.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Do you mean, like, you enjoyed some of Minoru’s defenses? Because you liking the majority of the Suzuki-gun booking is the most un-Big Red Machine thing I can imagine.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am Do you mean, like, you enjoyed some of Minoru’s defenses? Because you liking the majority of the Suzuki-gun booking is the most un-Big Red Machine thing I can imagine.
Well... it mostly Suzuki and Taichi and K.E.S. I enjoyed, but I also did dig the entire concept. It was nice to see an invasion that is done well and doesn't overstay its welcome.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mark Haskins will be wrestling for AAW in Chicago on October the 13th and the 14th. So, will we see him at any date of the Global Wars tour? Maybe he could do the Omega show in Chicago (10/15).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:38 pm Mark Haskins will be wrestling for AAW in Chicago on October the 13th and the 14th. So, will we see him at any date of the Global Wars tour? Maybe he could do the Omega show in Chicago (10/15).
I sure hope so!