Global Wars 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Global Wars 2017 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

MINORU SUZUKI TO APPEAR ON ALL FOUR NIGHTS OF THE GLOBAL WARS TOUR
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So is it just me, or is Jay Briscoe not listed at all for these shows?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Is really awesome to see KUSHIDA vs Cody. Like Okada, he's a wrestler that can have a very good match with everyone.

Plus... MINORU F'N SUZUKI IN EVERY SHOW !!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:03 pm So is it just me, or is Jay Briscoe not listed at all for these shows?
He's not. Neither is Ray. Injury to the former perhaps?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The roster for this shows is stacked and I think we'll see a lot of fresh matches. Would have love to see Suzuki vs Jay Briscoe, btw.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:42 am The roster for this shows is stacked and I think we'll see a lot of fresh matches. Would have love to see Suzuki vs Jay Briscoe, btw.
Yep. Jay vs. Suzuki is the match I would have liked to see for sure more than anybody on the ROH roster. The match would have sold itself easily.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SIGNED TO COMPETE:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION KENNY KING
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ADAM PAGE & THE YOUNG BUCKS
NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPION MINORU SUZUKI
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS KILLER ELITE SQUAD (DAVEY BOY SMITH JR. & LANCE ARCHER)
THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O’RYAN, & VINNY MARSEGLIA)
BEST FRIENDS (BERETTA & CHUCKIE T.)
WAR MACHINE (WARBEARD HANSON & ROWE)
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
“PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG
JAY LETHAL
KUSHIDA
HIROMU TAKAHASHI
MARK BRISCOE
PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ
JOSH WOODS
JAY WHITE
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Silas vs. Suzuki is hype
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

So many tag teams on this tour, playa.
Gimme Jay White vs. Both Kushida and Hiromu on this tour.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I guess I see why Kenny was reticent on being featured in ROH. Who was asking to see him against The Kingdom, Yano, or even Y-H? I'm sure his title defense will be great but it's going to be hard to make up the difference for how much Hashi will not be the crowd's babyface that night. And the announced six-mans look like midcard matches (perhaps they are). More than underwhelming use of today's greatest attraction.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Kenny has returned from an injury and we are on the Road to WK. Plus, he always is in tag matches when he wrestle outside Japan. I don't know why all of you are so surprised lol.

Btw, NJPW maybe is protecting him and doesn't want him to lose clean. Add that ti ROH having a thin roster and you have your answer to Kenny not being booked on Big singles matches.

If now they announced him yo face Silas, Martínez and Lethal, you'd complain bc that's another nj star squashing a ROH talent .
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This looks pretty much like a New Japan tour for Omega. One singles match and a bunch of tag matches.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

another one.. :lol:
BTE angle....flip gordon revenge!!

The Dragon Saga

Forgetting Omega's returning early from injury, he has also said that he much prefers teaming with The Bucks than wrestling singles matches nowadays. He says it in the recent BTE Q&A. So this is probably to appease Kenny while keeping him involved. I see no problem with it. Their all matches that can and will deliver.

Not forgetting, these are house shows. ROH don't need nor should they put all their cards into house shows.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Now THAT's a match I can get into. That'll be really fun.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

How much low moral fiber should be expected?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:35 am I guess I see why Kenny was reticent on being featured in ROH. Who was asking to see him against The Kingdom, Yano, or even Y-H? I'm sure his title defense will be great but it's going to be hard to make up the difference for how much Hashi will not be the crowd's babyface that night. And the announced six-mans look like midcard matches (perhaps they are). More than underwhelming use of today's greatest attraction.
THIS! Even when ROH gets to bring in stars from New Japan they completely fail to utilize them in an exciting way.

Suzuki vs. Silas should be a great match, but this is absolutely the wrong time for Silas to take a loss.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 am Kenny has returned from an injury and we are on the Road to WK. Plus, he always is in tag matches when he wrestle outside Japan. I don't know why all of you are so surprised lol.

Btw, NJPW maybe is protecting him and doesn't want him to lose clean. Add that ti ROH having a thin roster and you have your answer to Kenny not being booked on Big singles matches.

If now they announced him yo face Silas, Martínez and Lethal, you'd complain bc that's another nj star squashing a ROH talent .
It's not the fact that he is in tag matches so much as it is the fact that he's in a tag match against f*cking Yano, plus we're already getting him and YOSHI-HASHI in a singles match, so seeing him face him again in a random tag match doesn't feel exciting. If this was some sort of Team ROH All-Stars (Lehtal, Briscoes, ?) vs. Omega, Scurll & the Bucks or something like that most people wouldn't be complaining.
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:16 am Forgetting Omega's returning early from injury, he has also said that he much prefers teaming with The Bucks than wrestling singles matches nowadays. He says it in the recent BTE Q&A. So this is probably to appease Kenny while keeping him involved. I see no problem with it. Their all matches that can and will deliver.

Not forgetting, these are house shows. ROH don't need nor should they put all their cards into house shows.
They why does ROH sell them as DVDs and VODs? If you're going to sell people something with the Ring of Honor label, they're going to expect a certain standard of quality.
The Dragon Saga

Cheap to produce.

Plus if you think that any of these matches are of a standard not befitting it then you're taking a very intentionally negative outlook which is more of your own issue than anything else. Thus far all announced matches look good and more than worthy of advertisement.