Kenny Omega Matchups

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: Kenny Omega Matchups

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The sad thing is, there's not many of the good people left lol. That's why I wouldn't put it past them to do something like Omega vs Punishment Martinez, or Omega vs Silas Young.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I feel like Omega is very careful about who he's facing outside of NJPW. Obviously, this US title deal is under New Japan's umbrella, but I can see him shutting down ROH if they throw him random midcard goofs as potential opponents and just go with another NJ guy instead.

Also, you'd have to think that NJPW is trying to promote the title as something prestigious (or at least worthwhile), and I don't get that vibe AT ALL with matches like Omega vs. Young or Omega vs. Martinez or Omega vs. 95% of the ROH roster.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I can realistically see Omega vs. Bully. No, not a dream match at all but Bully is at near legend status in professional wrestling.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Lots of wackiness potential in that one leading to obvious trios follow-up with Bucks and Briscoes.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:29 am I can realistically see Omega vs. Bully. No, not a dream match at all but Bully is at near legend status in professional wrestling.
Definitely legend status, not near legend status for Bubba:
8X WWF World Tag Team Champion
1X WWE Tag Team Champion
10X WWF Hardcore Champion
1X WCW World Tag Team Champion (WWE version)
2X TNA World Heavyweight Champion
2X TNA World Tag Team Champion
1X NWA-TNA World Tag Team Champion
2X IWGP Tag Team Champion
1X ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champion
8X ECW World Tag Team Champion

Already in the TNA Hall of Fame and an easy bet for the WWE Hall of Fame and the Hardcore Hall of Fame.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Bully would be a great feather in his cap and on the list of challengers for that title.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 pm Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I feel like Omega is very careful about who he's facing outside of NJPW. Obviously, this US title deal is under New Japan's umbrella, but I can see him shutting down ROH if they throw him random midcard goofs as potential opponents and just go with another NJ guy instead.

Also, you'd have to think that NJPW is trying to promote the title as something prestigious (or at least worthwhile), and I don't get that vibe AT ALL with matches like Omega vs. Young or Omega vs. Martinez or Omega vs. 95% of the ROH roster.
Nah, you make total sense dude. I just don't see many matchups that get me excited. I will give Omega and Lethal another chance though. Someone said they would like to see that without Lethal selling the rib injury and I concur.

I think Punishment Martinez is a good student and would excel in a match with Omega.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Colt Cabana
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Bully Ray
Jay Briscoe
Jay Lethal
Jay White...please
Silas Young
Dalton Castle
Will Ospreay
Christopher Daniels (this would be a great match for a PPV. Final Battle perhaps?)
Frankie Kazarian