Who takes the tag titles off the Bucks?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Who takes the tag titles off the Bucks?

Post by famicommander »

With the Rebellion breaking up (including ANX, apparently) and War Machine essentially part time/NJPW, there aren't many teams left the Bucks haven't already dealt with.

Current ROH tag teams:
The Motor City Machine Guns (upcoming title shot)
The Briscoes (already had a recent feud with the Bucks)
The Addiction (also already had a recent feud)
The Best Friends (?) hopefully we see more of them
Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser - I'd love to see these guys get the push
The Kingdom - I'd prefer Taven and TK over Taven and Vinny but they're viable I guess
Coast 2 Coast - obviously they're at the prospect/enhancement stage of their careers
Tempura Boyz - same as Coast 2 Coast, also possibly going back to Japan soon
The Boys - Dalton Castle's props, essentially

That's about it right now. Maybe you could use the other half of Seach and Destroy, Gresham and White?

You could use two of the other Bullet Club US members (Cody, Page, Scurll) but I'm not sure they're going to go BC vs BC just yet

Maybe they could bring in a CMLL or NJPW team?

Or throw some singles guys together? Jay Lethal, BJ Whitmer, Josh Woods, Flip Gordon, the four individual Rebellion guys, Punisment Martinez, Colt Cabana? Those are the singles guys not currently at jobber status (Cheeseburger, Delirious, Will Ferrara, Joey Daddiego, etc).
KL_

Re: Who takes the tag titles off the Bucks?

Post by KL_ »

I'd like to see Silas Young and the Beer City Bruiser with the titles. Maybe they could take the tag titles next, but I guess in a triple threat tag team match or something like that.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If ROH is going to carry on with Best Freinds (which they should) then I would certainly go with them, there is alot that can be done with the teams and each member involved also right now both Trent and Chucky have a lot of momentum behind themselves this year.

As a complete out knowhere chance Coast to Coast would be a team I would go with.

But if the Elite and the Bullet club are too split i could see whoever Page picks as his partner for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles shot as the two that would go be the guys to take the ROH titles.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I see The Motor City Machine Guns as the next ROH World Tag Team Champs. I think ROH will finally get them a reing.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That would make them the only team to hold a world tag team championship in ROH, NJPW and TNA.

Hard to believe a team as great as the Guns has only won 2 total major tag team championships.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Hopefully the MCMG then maybe they can (don't want to say feud) face off with Gresham & White for the titles and put their charges over.
Best Friends would make sense.
Like the suggested dynamic of two other BC members maybe that could be a possibility in a guantlet type situation where Bucks get eliminated after an early draw by the team who eventually lose to Scurll & Hangman or maybe even Hangman & Chase Owens.
What about Ospreay? Maybe him and a partner? Maybe him and another Brit? Does he have any regular tag team partners in the UK that could maybe get a title shot on the WOTW UK tour?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would imagine if Ospreay gets a tag partner it would be someone in Chaos. Rocky Romero is free.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Gotta go with the Best Friends. We've seen from their two appearances so far, that they're over big, and they're a great, fresh team.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

primo and epico...nah is a joke

i think best friends is the safe choice..tag team scene is pretty tight and thats not good...they need to put the briscoes back on track,anx too and create some new combination like they did with redragon years ago.

i hope war machine stays too.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm Gotta go with the Best Friends. We've seen from their two appearances so far, that they're over big, and they're a great, fresh team.
This is my favorite option. Will it happen? I doubt it. The tag title scene is fucking awful. The Young Bucks are "treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality".
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Is ANX actually no longer a team?

I'd think a logical choice would be to give them a push given Kenny's higher profile of having been on the Bachelorette.

If not them, Silas and BCB would be the best option after the Silas-Jay Lethal feud runs its course.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm Is ANX actually no longer a team?

I'd think a logical choice would be to give them a push given Kenny's higher profile of having been on the Bachelorette.

If not them, Silas and BCB would be the best option after the Silas-Jay Lethal feud runs its course.
Both King and Silas are getting singles pushes which deflates the probability of either getting the tag titles.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Shame ANX never won the titles after King returned in 2015.
And is one TV title shot really a "push"?
I don't see Kenny King beating KUSHIDA.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:58 pm Shame ANX never won the titles after King returned in 2015.
And is one TV title shot really a "push"?
I don't see Kenny King beating KUSHIDA.
Yeah, I think he's getting "pushed" in the sense of getting this title shot coming up, but there's still the chance they could springboard that as a path to get ANX back as a face team that gets a title run. I did notice at the last TV taping, he came out to the ANX music.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm
King of Indy Style wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm Gotta go with the Best Friends. We've seen from their two appearances so far, that they're over big, and they're a great, fresh team.
This is my favorite option. Will it happen? I doubt it. The tag title scene is fucking awful. The Young Bucks are "treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality".
That’s nitpicking, isn’t it?

Lack of built contenders is more endemic to the product than just the tag titles. Since 3/4 of the championships are currently being held by NJPW-affiliated acts, I’m going to say that the next tag champions will also follow suit. A Will Ospreay/Rocky Romero team doesn’t sound very farfetched at all.

Or you could just do The Addiction again. It seems they’ve got to hold the belts at least once a year.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

When are the Briscoes finally going to win them again? They're considered ROH "legends" more like former perennial powerhouses who have had down year after down year now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Uhh, in the last two years the Briscoes have won:
-1X ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions (w/Bully Ray)
-1X IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions
-2X NEVER Openweight Six Man Champions (w/Toru Yano)

They're going to win the ROH Tag Titles again eventually but this topic is about taking them off the Young Bucks, and we have already seen that feud recently.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Addiction wouldn't be a bad choice but I think it's time to split them. Daniels should turn on Kaz. Would like to actually see them feud. Heck I think that would have been an alright World title feud but that ship sailed.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm
That’s nitpicking, isn’t it?
LOL!

Man, that is like one of my favorite movies of all time. The cluelessness of Joe Koff and Delirious is so reminiscent of Nigel Tufnel and David St. Hubbins.

Stoked that you caught that quote.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Oh man. That comparison to Nigel Tufnel is pretty good. “As a booker, I'm really influenced by Russo and Jim Cornette, and what I’m working on now is sort of in between those, really. It's like a 'Rim' shot, really. I call it, ‘The Best Wrestling on the Planet’.” (To everybody else, we are nerding on This is Spinal Tap.)

Regarding The Briscoes, winning (less than prestigious) titles in other promotions doesn’t count as direction in ROH. They’ve pretty much just been the act that is around the important fixtures but has low stakes in every program they're put in.