Glory By Honor V, Night 2

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kingkurteous

Glory By Honor V, Night 2

Post by kingkurteous »

This is the big one I've been waiting for. ROH at the Manhattan Center! Bryan Danielson is hyped for Bruno Sammartino tonight as he walks down the streets of New York.

Davey Richards vs Jack Evans.......Dave Prazak & Jared David are extremely excited for the show. Double springboard headscissors catch Richards off guard. Slick and stylish start. Handspring elbow in the corner hits but too much talk with the crowd gives Davey a kick to the end. A flipping corkscrew with a flipshake and fries lands on Davey on the outside. Jack goes for a 630 but the knees block it. Horse collar locked in but Evans makes the ropes. Some cool kick sequences by both men before Jack is forced to tap to the horse collar. Really good opening.

Nigel McGuiness cuts what seems to be a sincere promo on moments in life that stand out. Tonight being one of them. Bobby Cruise, in the ring, is surrounded by ROH and NOAH competitors. He introduces the Living Legend, Bruno Sammartino who receives a thunderous ovation from the NYC crowd. He doesnt showboat, he doesn't cut a rambling promo on what's wrong with the industry. Instead, he thanks the fans, and the roster. Very classy! Of course, a brawl ensues as Morishima and Joe leave and they have to be pulled apart in the ring.

Adam Pearce vs Delirious........Looks like the face run for Pearce is about up. He's pretty cocky, sure of himself I guess. He launches Lizard Man outside and goes to work. Delirious manages to corner Pearce and hit 60 clotheslines. Yep, 60! Bullldog and running knee for a 2 count. Shane Hagadorn runs out and clocks Delirious with brass knuckles allowing Adam Pearce to pin him after a jumping piledriver. After the bell Pearce proclaims Shane his new personal man servant. Gay.

Jimmy Jacobs vs Colt Cabana vs Christopher Daniels.......Sorry but I was eating nachos during this. From what I saw though Colt continued to belittle Jacobs at every opportunity. Jimmy finally cracks, kind of, and low blows Cabana. Contra Code gets the victory, but Lacey is not happy with this. She may be hot, but that bitch needs to be smacked. Quote of the night however comes as Jimmy leaves.

"Use those balls now Colt! Use those balls now!" =D> applause

Commissioner Jim Cornette does his usual yelling promo on the city and its fans. He reminds us that Homicide vowed to leave ROH if he doesn't win a belt by years end. He has to win his match though tonight in order to get his shot at the World Title.

The Briscoe Brothers vs Homicide & Samoa Joe........Odd seeing the Joe/Homicide pairing but this isn't 2004 anymore. Stereo dives take the Briscoes out ringside and get the fans on their feet. Joe combo for 2. Good teamwork by the former foes. A missed move sends Homicide outside where Jay rams his head against the steel outside. Double teaming by the brothers keep Joe at bay for awhile. Once he gets the tag Mark gets his face cleaned. Kick to the back by Jay allows Mark to hit a spinning leg lariat. Shoulder tackle plants Joe for 2. Homicide gets tagged, hits a running belly to belly suplex on Mark for 2. On the outside Mark hits a plancha. All 4 guys hit a big move ending with Joe's lariat. Suplex/clothesline combo almost pin Jay. His brother makes the save. Jay is left in the ring for a Cop Killa. 3 seconds later Homicide is guaranteed a future shot at the belt in December. I wasn't a huge fan of this match at all.

Kings of Wrestling vs Austin Aries & Roderick Strong.........I believe those are the Chikara belts the Kings are currently sporting. Roderick starts off with Hero. He gets tagged out quickly though and Castagnoli is given a fall away slam. Shooting senton by Aries for 2. Big suplex on the ropes by Roddy drapes Claudio. Hero, once tagged in, isolates Aries. Double team maneuvers galore by the Kings. Aries ribs get attacked for a good 10 minutes. Strong finally gets the tag and clears house. Dropkick to the much sends Claudio outside where Hero is laying too. Heat seeking missile by Aries, twisting plancha by Strong. Gibson driver for 2.A briefcase is brought in by Hero who smashes the ribs of Aries. KRS-One on Strong. In a surprise ending the Kings of Wrestling become new tag team champions after their double team finisher. The crowd is as shocked as I am. To their credit I think that GenNext or whatever you wanna call them had an awesome tag title run. The match was just ok though.

Nigel McGuiness vs Naomichi Marufuji.......The GHC title has never been defended outside the native country of Japan so this will go down in history. They lock up and exchange hammer locks. Neither man can gain the advantage for long when Jimmy Bower comments about tonights happenings thanking NOAH oficials. Marufuji with hamstring kicks before wrapping the leg of Nigel around the ringpost and whipping it. Figure four leglock is applied. Nigel sidesteps a shoulder tackle and takes the control back. The arm of Naomichi is the focal point of all of Nigels offense. Marufuji is able to manuever Nigel into the Sliced Bread #2 onto the floor. They fight on the top rope before a lariat while Marufuji is on the ropes. 2 count only. Tower of London is no sold which pisses me off and instead another Sliced Bread is hit. They trade chops before a running lariat gets the challenger another nearfall. Tower of London onto the apron lays both guys out. Sick ass kicks by Marufugi for 2. Spring Van Daminator into Nigel while he is in the tree of woe. The third Sliced Bread #2 pins McGuiness in a match that was pretty disappointing until the final five minutes or so.

KENTA vs Bryan Danielson......Last time these met was at Best in the World where in a tag match, Danielson was pinned. The shoulder gets attacked with strikes by KENTA.The fight spills outside where more kicks land for KENTA. Danielson is being picked apart here as a keylock is applied. Wicked slap across Dragon's face and more submissions on the shoulder. A cravat suplex gives the champ an opening. Surfboard attempt gets botched but he does get the knees of KENTA stomped to the mat. Long figure four leglock. Springboard missile dropkick for a 2 count on Danielson. Roaring elbow counters the GTS. Superplex into the cross faced chickenwing. Diving headbutt is met with the feet of KENTA. Wild back and forth action sees elbows, suplexes, head butts. Belly to belly suplex by Danielson as they fight on the floor. Dragon leaps off the top turnbuckle into the crowd where the challenger is met with a launched shoulder block. An ace crusher hits the mark and is immediately followed by another keylock which almost makes Dragon tap. Regal plex for 2 Top rope suplex for another 2. Cattle mutilation locked in but the ropes are close enough for KENTA to make. KENTA catches Dragon mid air in the Go To Sleep but his leg gets on the bottom rope to break up the pinfall. The elbows are delivered. Cattle mutilation locked in, more elbows, another cow killer and KENTA is forced to tap earning Bryan Danielson the biggest victory of his career as World champion. Hard hitting, very entertaining match.

Top to bottom a good show. The tag titles changing hands was a surprise. Overall 7.5/10. Thanks for reading guys.
"Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery"
Marketh.

Re: Glory By Honor V, Night 2

Post by Marketh. »

Needs more opinion than recap, imo.
Last Real Man Hype