Want To Take A Moment To Thank The Florida Crowd

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
YimYac

Want To Take A Moment To Thank The Florida Crowd

Post by YimYac »

I'd just like to take a quick moment to thank anyone that had the pleasure of being in the crowd of the Florida show, you guys were awesome and made the atomsphere incredible.

I'm mostly making this because if you rewatch both shows you'll notice that any attempt at a fan getting themselves over as quickly shut down with well deserved boos.

Watching Fire Ant vs TJP now, someone attempted a Chikara Sucks chant and was promptly stopped, another point during the show there was an attempt at a Cena Sucks chant and several other smarky chants.

Thank you Florida for being great, New York take some notes. Not hearing a "you fucked up" is also refreshing. I do hope YES YES YES stays on as a regular ROH chant at shows though.
SteenMark23

Re: Want To Take A Moment To Thank The Florida Crowd

Post by SteenMark23 »

It was hella fun being there in a crowd with fans who has such a passion for Pro Wrestling. I attended night one and let me tell you, the atmosphere for Generico/Steen was off the charts, one of the craziest 30 minutes of my life. I truly hope ROH comes back soon because it was an incredible experience seeing ROH live and I can't wait to do it again.
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

YimYac wrote: Thank you Florida for being great, New York take some notes. Not hearing a "you fucked up" is also refreshing. I do hope YES YES YES stays on as a regular ROH chant at shows though.
Haha, yeah, I love that one too.

Agreed on the crowd as well. I haven't seen all of show 2 yet due to some streaming issues, but they were great from everything I've seen so far.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Absolutely agree with you, a thousand times better than the NYC crowd! It was truely refreshing to get an iPPV with an active, constructive and motivated crowd and the great fans in Florida should be reason enough to spread out the iPPVs to other cities. I don't even blame the NYC for being burnt out, because literally every iPPV takes place there!
But as a fan viewing the iPPVs live on GFL I really hope we get more of crowds like this, it just adds so much to the product and has been one of the main reasons why the last few iPPVs were not as entertaining to watch, beacuase the NYC crowd does not add a lot to the product but actually drags down the iPPVS IMO with their lack of enthusiasm displayed at the last 3, 4 shows
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
SM22

Post by SM22 »

Couldn't agree with you more. The crowd at the last two shows was the best ROH and wrestling crowd I've ever been apart of. I could only dream of being in a NYC crowd thats half as good compared to the Florida crowd. I think the fact that people from all over the world were in the crowd and thats what made it more special. Let me tell you, those Brittish fans are awesome. I had no idea what they were chanting but it was awesome.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Why do you take every chance you can to take a shot at the New York crowd? Yeah they did come off bad on the last PPV but stop acting like it's the Philly TV taping crowd.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

NYC crowd turned heel lately
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

NYC invented the Twinkies chant. I think that's reason enough to take shots at them forever, as long as it still exists.
Last Real Man Hype
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

Marketh. wrote:NYC invented the Twinkies chant. I think that's reason enough to take shots at them forever, as long as it still exists.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

icyhot wrote:
Marketh. wrote:NYC invented the Twinkies chant. I think that's reason enough to take shots at them forever, as long as it still exists.
Like I said in the live Night 1 thread - I love and hate the NY crowd in equal measure. They can create an absolutely phenomenal atmosphere for pro-wrestling (i.e. Steen's comeback at Best In The World 2011 that I just watched - the reaction to his appearance was just incredible)...but there are so many goofballs trying to get 'funny' chants over...and the 'twinkies' thing is incredibly annoying.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

fm20000 wrote:Why do you take every chance you can to take a shot at the New York crowd? Yeah they did come off bad on the last PPV but stop acting like it's the Philly TV taping crowd.
The Philly has never, ever ever ever been as bad as the New York crowd for Final Battle and 10th Anniversary
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

YimYac wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Why do you take every chance you can to take a shot at the New York crowd? Yeah they did come off bad on the last PPV but stop acting like it's the Philly TV taping crowd.
The Philly has never, ever ever ever been as bad as the New York crowd for Final Battle and 10th Anniversary
Did you ever watch ROH on HDNet? Even the wrestlers said how bad the crowd was for those. It was like random people off the street watching wrestling for the first time.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I don't even blame the NYC for being burnt out, because literally every iPPV takes place there!
i dont blame being burned out as to why many of the NYC fans are ass clowns,and that includes the played out already YES chants. i agree, goofballs with supposed funny chants and comments ruin NYC. the Philly tv tapings were heavily papered so that is part of their suckiness but i didnt think the crowd for the January Philly show was anything special either.
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

Dont take roh from us new yorkers :'(
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Compare an ROH NYC crowd from 2006 to the crowd in 2012 and you'll know that they're obviously burnt out.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

New markets where ROH rarely goes to is going to be louder and more fun. NYC isn't necessarily bad, but when you put on 4+ hrs of wrestling capped with a 40+ minute main event, the crowd will be a little quiet.
User banned for blatant trolling.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

braves87 wrote:New markets where ROH rarely goes to is going to be louder and more fun. NYC isn't necessarily bad, but when you put on 4+ hrs of wrestling capped with a 40+ minute main event, the crowd will be a little quiet.
Honestly the Baltimore crowd has been friggin awesome for the TV tapings. I hope they don't burn it out too fast though