So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SteenMark23

Re: So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

Post by SteenMark23 »

HarpoonIPA wrote:
braves87 wrote:I'd pay some extra bucks to watch ROH on regular PPV. $19.99 would be a sound price and I'm sure most of us would gladly pay it for better production.
I wouldn't, because you can't keep a TV PPV for more then 24 hours once started. At least with Comcast and or Dish Network any ways.
PPV = $$$ = Expansion
adam08

Post by adam08 »

SteenMark23 wrote:
HarpoonIPA wrote:
braves87 wrote:I'd pay some extra bucks to watch ROH on regular PPV. $19.99 would be a sound price and I'm sure most of us would gladly pay it for better production.
I wouldn't, because you can't keep a TV PPV for more then 24 hours once started. At least with Comcast and or Dish Network any ways.
PPV = $$$ = Expansion
Yea but it cost way to much to run a ppv. Yea they done it in the past but would that be good to do that now? If anything just switch ippv streaming sites. Since GFL is such a problem for a lot of people.
ezeidler

Post by ezeidler »

i saw this earlier and wanted to share
-- Ring of Honor had technical issues with the Go Fight Live production of their weekend iPPV events. The Saturday show was hurt by a brownout in the area which killed the Internet feed. ROH is currently working on something to apologize to fans, and replay versions without most of the issues can be found at GFL.tv.
- credit ewrestlingnews.com
Last edited by ezeidler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

ezeidler wrote:i saw this earlier and wanted to share
-- Ring of Honor had technical issues with the Go Fight Live production of their weekend iPPV events. The Saturday show was hurt by a brownout in the area which killed the Internet feed. ROH is currently working on something to apologize to fans, and replay versions without most of the issues can be found at GFL.tv.
You should at least give credit to PWI on that quote since it was in the update today ;)
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ezeidler

Post by ezeidler »

i saw it on ewrestlingnews
just a a minute before i posted that so it was new to me but ill credit it
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Those of you complaining might want to investigate a brownout and just how harmful they can be. Other than that Go Fight Live sucks anyway, so they might want to invest in an alternative.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
hairmatch

Post by hairmatch »

JSWO wrote:Those of you complaining might want to investigate a brownout and just how harmful they can be. Other than that Go Fight Live sucks anyway, so they might want to invest in an alternative.
The brownout is understandable, of course, but it was made more frustrating because of the way the previous night and replay went down.