So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
gocamels

Re: So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

Post by gocamels »

I saw it last night with the sound turned off. The feed stayed active through the whole show, but the audio and video never did sync.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

KL_ wrote:So, if I understand correctly, only fans live in Fort Lauderdale saw Steen vs Generico and ROH title match ? :?
No, I saw it live on GFL
And they were both great matches

GFL hasn't uploaded those 2 matches on the replay as of now
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO »

This whole debacle has been the definition of 'bush league'. Good job GFL, good job ROH.
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

I sent GFL an e-mail asking about the last 2 matches on the replay stream. They just e-mailed me back and said the last two matches should be up in the next hour. Yeah....ummm...not going to hold my breath on that one.
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

Blackshirt30 wrote:I sent GFL an e-mail asking about the last 2 matches on the replay stream. They just e-mailed me back and said the last two matches should be up in the next hour. Yeah....ummm...not going to hold my breath on that one.
And even if they do manage that, what good is it going to do? They could get them up right now, and I still wouldn't have time to watch them before today's show starts.

What an unprofessional mess.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

The Final Countdown wrote:
Blackshirt30 wrote:I sent GFL an e-mail asking about the last 2 matches on the replay stream. They just e-mailed me back and said the last two matches should be up in the next hour. Yeah....ummm...not going to hold my breath on that one.
And even if they do manage that, what good is it going to do? They could get them up right now, and I still wouldn't have time to watch them before today's show starts.

http://first-world-problems.com/
Renegade121

Post by Renegade121 »

This is not roh fault. Its gfl
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

I've been one of the longest ROH supporters through everything they have been through, ups and downs and in betweens.

To say it is only GFL's fault is a cop-out. Yes, they are to blame, but ROH by agreeing to partner with them on this and then having the issues that resulted only make ROH look bad in the eyes of most fans.
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

YimYac wrote:
The Final Countdown wrote:

http://first-world-problems.com/
Is it a first-world problem? Yes. Does that change the fact that it is an unprofessional mess? Not a bit.
MVKronus

Post by MVKronus »

I joined this forum as I recently found it through Twitter and wanted somewhere to discuss ROH. The first thing I'd like to discuss is what they hell do we have to do to get this great company on a great iPPV provider. I emailed GFL about some sort of compensation for how this went down. They traded emails back and forth with me for about an hour, addressing everything that wasn't a concern of mine. I finally asked, "Am I getting my money back, discount on the next show, a code to watch something else? Yes or No is all I am asking for." They replied that they didn't understand what I was asking for. I sent them another email explaining in further detail what I was ask for, but their quick response has stopped. I feel like a sucker since I will still probably order ROH iPPVs live through GFL. Anyone think ROH or GFL will do anything to correct this?
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

MVKronus wrote:I joined this forum as I recently found it through Twitter and wanted somewhere to discuss ROH. The first thing I'd like to discuss is what they hell do we have to do to get this great company on a great iPPV provider. I emailed GFL about some sort of compensation for how this went down. They traded emails back and forth with me for about an hour, addressing everything that wasn't a concern of mine. I finally asked, "Am I getting my money back, discount on the next show, a code to watch something else? Yes or No is all I am asking for." They replied that they didn't understand what I was asking for. I sent them another email explaining in further detail what I was ask for, but their quick response has stopped. I feel like a sucker since I will still probably order ROH iPPVs live through GFL. Anyone think ROH or GFL will do anything to correct this?
Welcome to the board! :)

They're probably going to do something about it. Once GFL gave all purchasers a discount code for the next ROH iPPV when there were problems with the stream, but the problems weren't as bad as yesterdays.
MVKronus

Post by MVKronus »

They're probably going to do something about it. Once GFL gave all purchasers a discount code for the next ROH iPPV when there were problems with the stream, but the problems weren't as bad as yesterdays.
hmmm...I've ordered every ROH iPPV Live and don't remember getting a discount code. Remember for what show?
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

MVKronus wrote:
hmmm...I've ordered every ROH iPPV Live and don't remember getting a discount code. Remember for what show?
I checked my GFL order history, and I paid $12.99 for Final Battle 2010.

So it must've been Glory by Honor IX that had the problems making them give the discount code.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
MVKronus wrote:
I checked my GFL order history, and I paid $12.99 for Final Battle 2010.

So it must've been Glory by Honor IX that had the problems making them give the discount code.
I thought the 12.99 price was a discount for ordering early, but I may be remembering incorrectly.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
hairmatch

Post by hairmatch »

Incredible show, awful experience.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

icyhot wrote:I thought the 12.99 price was a discount for ordering early, but I may be remembering incorrectly.

I managed to find this in my inbox from awhile ago:

This is an Exclusive Offer exclusively to ROH fans who purchased the ROH - Glory by Honor IX show on September 11, 2010. Due to some technical difficulties we promised purchasers a discount for the Final Battle. Here it is. You get $2.00 off the purchase of the ROH - FINAL BATTLE 2010. This offer is good until midnight tonight.

Click here and type 'Holiday' in the Coupon space on check out.

Broadcasting over the internet is not easy. Everyone has a different computer, uses a different internet browser, has a different internet service with varying download speeds. All of these differences is challenging when trying to offer you a high quality broadcast. We appreciate your enthusiasm for ROH and plan to provide you an excellent show. Should there be some glitches please be patient and understand that streaming on the web is always challenging. Though without us trying you would not have the opportunity to see ROH live.

Thank you and Enjoy the Show!!
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I should have known it was my memory that was fuzzy :lol:

I might be the oldest 36 year old around....
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

I'd pay some extra bucks to watch ROH on regular PPV. $19.99 would be a sound price and I'm sure most of us would gladly pay it for better production.
User banned for blatant trolling.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

braves87 wrote:I'd pay some extra bucks to watch ROH on regular PPV. $19.99 would be a sound price and I'm sure most of us would gladly pay it for better production.
THIS. Now I may sound crazy but I honestly think that if we get every ROH fan thats on the internet to somehow petition to the PPV providers for an ROH PPV it can be possible. That is how ECW got on PPV after all.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

braves87 wrote:I'd pay some extra bucks to watch ROH on regular PPV. $19.99 would be a sound price and I'm sure most of us would gladly pay it for better production.
I wouldn't, because you can't keep a TV PPV for more then 24 hours once started. At least with Comcast and or Dish Network any ways.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン