So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

Post by fm20000 »

It's been two years now that they've been partnered. Slight mistakes were excusable at first like lag and the stream going out for a few seconds every now and then. But tonight was by FAR the worst mishap they've ever had and it completely ruined the show for most people watching and it's TWO YEARS later.

How can ROH expect their fanbase to be willing to put down money every time they have a PPV when we have no idea what we are going to get? I know we're getting a top notch wrestling show every time but it would be nice if the show was actually watchable live.

I'm not gonna be one of the people who comes on here saying I'M DONE!!! NEVER WATCHING AN IPPV AGAIN!!!! Because I love to watch Ring of Honor and will continue to support them. But there is literally no excuse for this lack of preparation and shitty production after two years of working with GoFightLive.

ROH either needs to leave GoFightLive or make sure crap like this NEVER happens again if they want to keep a strong fanbase ordering their PPVs. With most companies people complain about the product sucking and then they threaten to stop watching. With ROH the problem is I want to watch their great shows and can't.
187_Joeism

Re: So what happens now with ROH and GFL.TV?

Post by 187_Joeism »

I agree with everything you say, i mean the wrestling is awesome the only thing that holds back ROH right now is the production, if ROH leaves GFL is like going from zero, if could work great or you can have mistakes there too but his is a turning point because is a great show not ruin because they will release and a great show always remain good, but a letdown for the fans, they need to do something to make up for this.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: We have the Video Streaming Video/Audio Sync issue all fixed for Saturday's iPPV.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

When SBG took over last year I would have thought by now they would be doing their own iPPV production because after all, SBG should be able to swing that sooner rather than later.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I think they need to either use a different website, or simply put it on their official site. Last nights stream was a complete shambles.
hairmatch

Post by hairmatch »

The replay doesn't have audio sync issues, but it cuts off in the middle of the Steen/Generico match.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Every download link I see 2 hour and 3 minutes of Showdown in the Sun Night 1.
Streams went totally off during Steen vs Generico match and later ?
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I posted this over in the PWIE ROH forum

I felt very bad for ROH last night, it was one very AWESOME show. But with all the technical issues may drive new fans away in droves from ever ordering an IPPV from GFL again. I have read a lot of backlash during the show and tried to tell people it would be fixed on the replay, that we own forever BTW. But most said it was there first and last time ordering.

I don't feel ROH owes me anything, there wrestlers do the talking and I'm always entertained by ROH. It's the only Fed I truly watch.... But ROH needs to think about a better system then GFL going forward, last night could have killed this company if they didn't have the backers that they do have in place now.

It's time for Sinclair to put up some money and do there own IPPV's from the ROH web site. IMO
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Is the replay ROH put up still broken or did they fix that now?
SenorLARIATO

Post by SenorLARIATO »

The replay is STILL broken - with a little under 3 hours until the next iPPV starts. This is a joke.

I've had nothing but patience with GFL over the years, despite numerous issues that have affected certain iPPVs - the overall quality has always been better than that of it's direct competitor, WWNLive. However, last night WWNLive's DGUSA iPPV was so far ahead of GFL's ROH iPPV in terms of production quality, that it was frankly embarrassing to ROH and I'd hate to think what any prospective new ROH fans thought.

Firstly, the sound was incredibly out of synch. On the WWNLive side of things, the sound was perfect, levels and all (unusual, given that sound level issues have affected every other WWNLive iPPV I've purchased). Secondly, the picture, even in 3000kbps, was muddy and grainy, which leads me to suspect that it's more an issue with the equipment used to film the show rather than any problems with the stream. The DGUSA show looked crystal clear by comparison. Thirdly, while I appreciate how much quicker GFL got their replay up than WWNLive (the replay for last night's show is not yet available), it's really not much use if the main event and half of Steen/Generico is absent, is it?

I remember when DGUSA started WWNLive, I thought for sure that they couldn't match the professionalism and quality of GFL and that, in the long run, not using GFL would be a detriment to their iPPV product. And while it's taken them a while to reach this level of quality, last night's WWNLive iPPV wiped the floor with GFL's.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

This is fucking ridiculous... I wanted to at least watch the replay before the second show and they can't even upload it right. Now what the hell do I do? I tried to avoid spoilers for the second half pretty much so the show wouldn't be ruined and now I either get everything ruined or put off watching the second show till who know's when.
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

Part 2 of the repaly cuts off in the middle of Steen/Generico and is totally missing the 3 way World Title Match. Totally disappointed....
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

It's definitely very embarassing for ROH, even though it's probably not their fault.

I had a friend come round to watch the iPPV last night, he's a huge wrestling fan who'd never seen ROH before. And after all those problems, I can't see him rushing to watch another ROH iPPV :(
The Final Countdown

Post by The Final Countdown »

Blackshirt30 wrote:Part 2 of the repaly cuts off in the middle of Steen/Generico and is totally missing the 3 way World Title Match. Totally disappointed....
This actually bothers me more than anything. Their "special notice" says that the entire show is up for replay, but that's complete BS.

Unless they give me a refund, I think I'm done with GFL. I've dealt with the minor problems on all the other ROH iPPVs I've ordered, but this is too much.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Some guy posted this on ROH's Facebook and said GFL responded this to him through e-mail I think about getting the last half of Steen/Generico and the triple threat.

This is their reply "No that may not be possible but we will try. The crew is on the west coast and had to get rest. They should be working again within one hour."

So seriously? We're not getting the show on time because "they had to get rest". This is crap. Maybe if they would have done their jobs right in the first place they wouldn't have been up all night working on it. I've seriously never been this disappointed with ROH.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

fm20000 wrote:Some guy posted this on ROH's Facebook and said GFL responded this to him through e-mail I think about getting the last half of Steen/Generico and the triple threat.

This is their reply "No that may not be possible but we will try. The crew is on the west coast and had to get rest. They should be working again within one hour."

So seriously? We're not getting the show on time because "they had to get rest". This is crap. Maybe if they would have done their jobs right in the first place they wouldn't have been up all night working on it. I've seriously never been this disappointed with ROH.
That's terrible. I'd like to know what time they stopped and had to "get rest". A lot of fans around the world stayed up until 4am to try and watch it. They should've done the same to try and fix it :|
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Some guy posted this on ROH's Facebook and said GFL responded this to him through e-mail I think about getting the last half of Steen/Generico and the triple threat.

That's terrible. I'd like to know what time they stopped and had to "get rest". A lot of fans around the world stayed up until 4am to try and watch it. They should've done the same to try and fix it :|
Exactly. My main problem is GFL's lack of caring for this whole situation like it's not a big deal.

Can ROH patch things up with Gabe now and get on WWNLive? From what I've heard they are a lot more reliable and they've only been doing this for a few shows.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

fm20000 wrote: Can ROH patch things up with Gabe now and get on WWNLive? From what I've heard they are a lot more reliable and they've only been doing this for a few shows.
They don't need to patch things up with Gabe, Sinclair needs to start there own IPPV service or they need to contact NetFlix and use there technology and at the same time it could be the start of NetFlix sports via IPPV
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
gocamels

Post by gocamels »

I agree. There has to be a better option than GFL. I would think that Sinclair would have the capabilities of webcasting live without having to contract out to another company.

The question is - does ROH have some sort of contractual obligation with GFL? Are they obligated to put all their PPV's on GFL for a set amount of time, or a specified number of shows, etc?
KL_

Post by KL_ »

So, if I understand correctly, only fans live in Fort Lauderdale saw Steen vs Generico and ROH title match ? :?