Showdown in the Sun Night 1 Live Discussion

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: Showdown in the Sun Night 1 Live Discussion

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

I am not saying that for me, however right now damage control is more important.....they need to get people back and to trust them after this one. Roh owes me nothing I have spent over $30,000 on ROH easily but every penny has been value for money (even these shows its only $20 for both). However if they lose one customer over this it can be damaging (I am sure the number is more than one unfortunately), which is why I said they should offer it for free to anyone who has ever purchased in the hope they watch it and prove they can fix these issues. Long term it will be cost effective as they will win back more customers(if they fix the issues and prove it a success). Business 101 (I run a multi million dollar company ;) )
Last edited by Nigel LikesGuinness on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

This show has been a massive failure for ROH. All I'm seeing on their Facebook and Twitter is negative posts and people saying they aren't buying their PPV's anymore. They need to do something major to make up for this.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

fm20000 wrote:This show has been a massive failure for ROH. All I'm seeing on their Facebook and Twitter is negative posts and people saying they aren't buying their PPV's anymore. They need to do something major to make up for this.
Empty threats, the same people saying that are the same people complaining about the next show
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

YimYac wrote:Empty threats, the same people saying that are the same people complaining about the next show
You are extremely fucking annoying.

Just terrible.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

YimYac wrote:
fm20000 wrote:This show has been a massive failure for ROH. All I'm seeing on their Facebook and Twitter is negative posts and people saying they aren't buying their PPV's anymore. They need to do something major to make up for this.
Empty threats, the same people saying that are the same people complaining about the next show
It doesn't work that way for ROH. This isn't WWE where if they make a mistake they'll still get 300,000 buys. ROH get's a few 1000 buys and messing up this bad can not be good in any way.
Nigel LikesGuinness

2 Gatz wrote:
YimYac wrote:Empty threats, the same people saying that are the same people complaining about the next show

Just terrible.

I was guessing the ceo/owner/creator of GFL :lol:
Last edited by Nigel LikesGuinness on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

fm20000 wrote:
YimYac wrote:
It doesn't work that way for ROH. This isn't WWE where if they make a mistake they'll still get 300,000 buys. ROH get's a few 1000 buys and messing up this bad can not be good in any way.
It's always the same with internet fans

"This sucks never watching again"

Next month

"This sucks I'm really never watching again this time"

Sure a couple may be legit upset for it's always the majority that stick around.

People love to complain simple as that
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:
2 Gatz wrote:

Just terrible.

I was guessing the ceo/owner/creator of GFL :lol:
I just find people saying stupid statements annoying
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Attn iPPV customers and ROH Faithful - the production team will be working overnight to make the VOD replay will - Twitter.
MOOSE!
Nigel LikesGuinness

rematch in Canada
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

From GFL
We are sorry for the audio sync issues, the internet speed has cause some major challenges tonight along with the quality, We will get a replay of the event by the morning. Restart your stream by click on the play button on the home page.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

It's not working you idiots
MOOSE!
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

2 Gatz wrote:

Just terrible.
What's more annoying is people bitching and moaning about something ROH is dealing with at the moment, but cannot prevent.

They're doing what they can to make sure the replay that's offered is error free and presentable for those that bought the show. It's ridiculous how people expect PERFECTION out of companies nowadays just because of the technological times we live in.

Despite what expectations you had going into the show everyone that bought it had to know of the past problems ROH has had with their iPPVs. So something like this really shouldn't be a shocker at this point.
Guyver3

Post by Guyver3 »

YimYac wrote:
Guyver3 wrote:well this is the first and last time I ever order an IPPV this is pointless I wanted to see the show LIVE I'd have been better off getting the DVD
GFL gives you a replay for reason. In case stuff like this happens it won't prevent you from watching it when they fix the issues
Did you even read what I said I wanted to see the show live fuck the replay like I said I'd be better off just buying the DVD
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

These lyrics come to mind...

"You can't always get what you want."
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Mr. Small Package wrote:These lyrics come to mind...

"You can't always get what you want."
So basically your opinion is. It sucks and we should just deal with the fact that it sucks even though we paid for it? That's not a way to get people to stay interested in your product.
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

Mr. Small Package wrote:
2 Gatz wrote:

Just terrible.
What's more annoying is people bitching and moaning about something ROH is dealing with at the moment, but cannot prevent.

They're doing what they can to make sure the replay that's offered is error free and presentable for those that bought the show. It's ridiculous how people expect PERFECTION out of companies nowadays just because of the technological times we live in.

Despite what expectations you had going into the show everyone that bought it had to know of the past problems ROH has had with their iPPVs. So something like this really shouldn't be a shocker at this point.
Usually I'd understand but here's the thing. You're company broadcasts live events, it's your main purpose and you fail at it. In today's business world...you don't get a 2nd chance.

If I'm running a babysitting service and I lose a kid because I haven't taken proper measures to ensure my job is done right...I'm finished. No one is going to use me again.

If I'm a pizza place and you want me to deliver pizza and I arrive tomorrow morning when the pizza's cold and stale, I don't get a 2nd chance. I'm done.

This isn't a small thing that's going wrong like the picture is too grainy. This is something that impacts your main service. Any good company would've taken precautionary measures and they would've found out this afternoon that there was a problem then they'd fix it. But they didn't.

GFL in my opinion shouldn't be used by ROH ever again. They screwed up the one thing they're supposed to do.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Generico-Steen looks insane.
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I can´t believe! Mike Bennett just had a MOTY match!
Riddick

Post by Riddick »

187_Joeism wrote:I can´t believe! Mike Bennett just had a MOTY match!
Well that's why the stream went bezerk...it all makes sense now.