Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
King of Indy Style

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

Post by King of Indy Style »

MISU!!!!!!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:54 am NJPW has announced that KUSHIDA and MINORU SUZUKI will be at Death Before Dishonor!
Kinda laughed a little bit at the article spoiling it. Though wondering if they had mentioned it on TV and we just never caught it.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

holly shit...MISU!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'll make this the beginning of a 5-day shot (also including the WWE events in SoCal and PHX). Anyone here in the Vegas area that'd be willing to lend a room for one night, assuming I'm solo? Perhaps anyone that'd wanna split hotel? I'm also a AAA Washington member so discount rates are available.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Who does he face? I think he and Lethal could work really well together.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Holy shit, indeed. Assuming he’s not coming in to do a high workrate match (i.e. in a championship match against Omega), vulnerable babyface like Flip or Gresham might honestly make for his best matchup. If Suzuki’s going to be at his A-game and there doesn't seem to be any indication he's doing return dates, Lethal vs. Suzuki would be a great co-main event (as long as you don’t need a Lethal win before Final Battle).
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Silas Young pins Suzuki clean plz
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:52 pm Silas Young pins Suzuki clean plz
I would like to see this match.
King of Indy Style

Agreed. I enjoyed Silas's match with Shibata a few years back, and I bet he could have a really fun match with Suzuki too.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Hmmmmm... I really can never predict who they will go with for his opponent in situations like these.

I hope he gets a good opponent and I also hope Kushida gets a good opponent.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Suzuki vs. Jay Briscoe, please.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 am Suzuki vs. Jay Briscoe, please.
BA GAWD! I didn't know I needed to see this match happening! It would be a dream match.

I see Punishment getting the match with MiSu since NJPW likes him and he has already faced Naito this year.

Silas would be cool, I'm sure, as I said last month, that he'll be challenging and defeating KUSHIDA for the TV Title.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

STILL waiting on Silas to win me over. He's like Mike Bennett or something. I just don't care to watch his stuff, I guess. And I don't think giving him matches that he's not perceived to "deserve" will do any good for him.

Now PUNISHMENT I like. He's still really fresh to me. And has a higher ceiling than Silas.
King of Indy Style

Suzuki/Jay and Suzuki/Punishment both sound like a LOT of fun.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Now that I'm thinking more, maybe Suzuki will face Lethal because White and Punishment (probably) will have their final match at the PPV in what could be White's final match in the company.

DBD could be a strong show, with a card, more or less, something like that:

- [World Title] Cody vs Castle
- [TV Title] KUSHIDA vs Silas
- [Trios Title] Hung Bucks vs Bully/Briscoes
- Some type of 1st contenders match for the tags title between Search & Destroy and maybe Coast 2 Coast
- Suzuki vs Lethal
- White vs Martinez
- King vs Scurll (1st contenders for the TV Title?)
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 am STILL waiting on Silas to win me over. He's like Mike Bennett or something. I just don't care to watch his stuff, I guess. And I don't think giving him matches that he's not perceived to "deserve" will do any good for him.

Now PUNISHMENT I like. He's still really fresh to me. And has a higher ceiling than Silas.
If you didn't like Young's matches with Shibata, Castle, Lethal, or Liger I don't know what else he can do to win you over. Personally, I think he's fantastic on pretty much all fronts.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:10 am Now that I'm thinking more, maybe Suzuki will face Lethal because White and Punishment (probably) will have their final match at the PPV in what could be White's final match in the company.

DBD could be a strong show, with a card, more or less, something like that:

- [World Title] Cody vs Castle
- [TV Title] KUSHIDA vs Silas
- [Trios Title] Hung Bucks vs Bully/Briscoes
- Some type of 1st contenders match for the tags title between Search & Destroy and maybe Coast 2 Coast
- Suzuki vs Lethal
- White vs Martinez
- King vs Scurll (1st contenders for the TV Title?)
Barring the main event, that could be a fun show. If Lethal has to be protected (say for a future shot against Cody in December), there is still a possible Daniels/Suzuki or Suzuki/Scurll match. Really, MiSu is so charismatic and so smart that he can probably get the crowd glued in for any opponent, so I’m not so concerned about whomever he is to be paired with. Unless that person is Bully Ray.

KUSHIDA has an IWGP Junior Heavyweight defense against El Desperado on September 16th, which could easily shed him of his title, making him available to a loss against Silas. Silas finally getting his first ROH title by defeating KUSHIDA, considering the year the latter has had, would redeem a lot of Silas’s middling booking.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:45 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 am STILL waiting on Silas to win me over. He's like Mike Bennett or something. I just don't care to watch his stuff, I guess. And I don't think giving him matches that he's not perceived to "deserve" will do any good for him.

If you didn't like Young's matches with Shibata, Castle, Lethal, or Liger I don't know what else he can do to win you over. Personally, I think he's fantastic on pretty much all fronts.
Agreed. I like Silas a lot. He is 100% heel and plays it perfect. He can definitely hang with whomever they put him in there with.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Updated info for the local FSW indy show on SUNDAY after the ROH double shot---

FSW brings The Mecca of Professional Wrestling to Las Vegas! September 24th

Brian Cage vs Matt Riddle

Keith Lee vs Jeff Cobb

Also see: Tommy Dreamer, Sami Callihan, Reno Scum, FSW Heavyweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone, Kevin Kross, Crist Brothers, Willie Mack, Sammy Guevara, Jessicka Havok, Whirlwind Gentlemen, Scorpio Sky, and more!

Tickets Starting at just $25.

TOMMY DREAMER Event Package: $100 - Front Row Ticket, Personal M&G with Tommy Dreamer, Autographed 8x10, Photo-op, Event Meet N Greet, & Event Poster

Main Event Package: $85. Includes: 1st Row & Meet N Greet Ticket, T-Shirt & Event Poster

1st Row: $55. 2nd Row: $45. 3rd Row: $35. GA: $25. Meet N Greet: $20

https://www.facebook.com/events/1932512290301226/
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

From what I've read in Twitter, Minoru Suzuki is the one answering Cody's challenge at DBD PPV!!

They did the angle of Cody injuring Castle at Edinburgh so maybe we'll have Castle winning the belt at FB or something like that.

But wow, Minoru Suzuki vs Cody was something I didn't see coming, plus, it could be a HUGE win for a ROH World champion and specially Cody. We'll see inteferences too, btw, since is Suzuki-Gun is booked for the show.
Last edited by AlexROH on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.