Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So what are we thinking about the possibility of Austin Aries returning over the weekend?

He's in Vegas that weekend doing a vegan convention (apparently vegans have conventions now. Don't think It'd be my cip of tea, but whatever floats your boat) and Daniels/Kaz need something to do. I wouldn't be too surprised if they interrupted a segment and Aries interrupted them. Another possibility, although unlikely but I think could be cool, is have Daniels and Kaz be interrupted by Jonathan Gresham who obviously wouldn't have a partner because of them all being preoccupied with matches, so when Daniels and Kaz note this, Aries music hits and he backs Gresham up. Gresham/Aries vs. The Addiction in a quick six minute match or something.

EDIT

Just found out his release clause is 90 days. Here's hoping they announce him for Final Battle like they did Cody last year.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'm holding out hope that they can work something out and have him show up on the ramp after Cody makes a successful defense against Minoru and like gives cody a congratulatory round of applause to the bewilderment of Cody and then the next night at the TV Tapings cuts an in ring Promo with Cody setting up a title match at the Global Wars Chicago Show.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If the Addiction don't have a match they should begin a feud with the Best Friends by attacking Chuckie T after his match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Happy for Kenny King. Long overdue.

More Chuckie T.!

Jay White looked great in the loss. Punishment Martinez is one of my favorites on the roster. Had to go over with White leaving.

Shocked, but pleased Silas Young went over Jay Lethal.

The Young Bucks desperately needed to drop the titles. Hopefully the MCMG's can stay healthy and make it interesting.

Suzuki biting Cody's fingers when he told him to kiss the ring was pretty fucking funny. Suzuki looked better than Cody. There I said it.
Last edited by Mr. Mojo Risin on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great show! I really liked the structure of it and how every match was put on the card. The order of the matches was right and every one had enought time. This proved that a 7 match card would work better. Btw, crowd was kindda awful. Las Vegas is a cheap venue and easy money for ROH, but they have shitty crowd. They looked like BC fans and not ROH fans at all.

First two matches were fine. Opener was fun and worked well with the story of the Briscoes and Bully. Made sense that they want The Kingdom to have a bigger match for the titles maybe at FB too. Chucky T had a phenomenal performance that should be translated into a push. Great worker. The Trios title match was the right move. It was fun with the Page thing, had the turn that, while predictable, it had to be done. Short match, Jay turns heel and we have plenty of time for the bigger matches.

The Street Fight was cool. Martienez had the performance of his life and put on a great match. The LSM was excellent. The best match of the feud. They gave Silas a big win in a big match agains a top talent... and on PPV! Great news.

TV Title match was great too and maybe my personal favourite. Awesome work by KUSHIDA. They had time and told a cool story. The tag match, on the other hand, I think I enjoyed it a little more than some people. I liked the interference bc, you know, it made sense. The Addiction had to show and the YB/MCMG working together segment was really cool, IMO. I wouldn't mind another Ladder War between these three.

The World title match... ergh. Suzuki was over. Match was average and inoffensive. But man, they could have gone 5 more minutes, IMO. The best part of the ME was Brandi Rhodes look lol.

- Bully/Briscoes vs Kingdom ***1/4
- Chucky T vs Scurll ***1/4
- Street Fight ***1/2+
- Trios Title - NR, good segment
- TV Title ****
- LMS ****
- Tags ***3/4
- ME **3/4

Great show. If only we have a better champ, this could have been an awesome show, with a great ME. Liked the booking here, the right people won. We have new champs, younger and differents talents being pushed and everything have a purpose. Great work ROH.

Final Rating: 8,25 / 10

*Sorry if my writing wasn't the best, I'll edit this tomorrow bc it's 6.30 am here haha*
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Just got home from the show. Not as good as the 15th Anniversary show, but still quite strong.

The pre-show match was a winner just for Ferrara dressed as Hunter S. Thompson, which was my own Halloween costume last year. "Ring of Honor is what the whole hep world would be doing on a Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war."

The three best matches showcased three-different styles -- a classic technical match (King-KUSHIDA), a brutal brawl (Young-Lethal), and a tag team spotfest (Guns-Bucks).

Not so great when the main event is the worst match on the PPV. Is Cody not living up to his hype? Was Suzuki just too different for him?
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Good show MCMG long overdue also Hopefully Next year is the last year in ROH for Jay Lethal he goes on and does other things
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I really enjoyed the show. The only negative for me was when Jay Briscoe turned he barely hit Bully with a table that looked like a stiff breeze was going to snap it in half. I know we can't have stiff chair shots to the head anymore but that spot needed something more solid to really sell it. I do wish the ME was longer. I wanted a long stretch of Suzuki just kicking the shit out of Cody and stretching him with submissions. Otherwise it was a good show. Kenny/KUSHIDA told an excellent story and I was impressed with King that he continued to sell his arm throughout the match. White/Martinez was a strong street fight. Martinez was particularly impressive, his facials were spot on. Both guys came out looking strong. Silas/Lethal was great. Tag title match was great. MCMG turned back the clock and hung in the the Bucks every step of the way.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Reading the results, it seems like almost all the right calls were made.

The story-driven format of this show as reminds of Takeover events. There were limited undercard star exhibition matches, a bevy of coherent programs, well-agented gimmicks/finishes, breath-of-fresh-air title changes, and a conscious refrain from using weaker matchups. I hope this trend continues. If the world champion were anyone other than Cody, I'd probably be back on board for the next PPV.

By the way, did Dalton make any sort of appearance last night?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm glad that Kushida was able to drop the TV Title before dropping the IWGP Jr Heavyweight title.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Cody vs Minoru should have went 5 more minutes. The finish was just too sudden and lacked heat. I didn't more build.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

WebConn wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 am Cody vs Minoru should have went 5 more minutes. The finish was just too sudden and lacked heat. I didn't more build.

Yeah. I was at Sam's Town last night and they really should have kept going. There was a few fun exchanges with them, but if they just did a few minutes of Suzuki slapping Cody, or something like that, the finish wouldn't have seemed so bad.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:28 am Reading the results, it seems like almost all the right calls were made.

The story-driven format of this show as reminds of Takeover events. There were limited undercard star exhibition matches, a bevy of coherent programs, well-agented gimmicks/finishes, breath-of-fresh-air title changes, and a conscious refrain from using weaker matchups. I hope this trend continues. If the world champion were anyone other than Cody, I'd probably be back on board for the next PPV.

By the way, did Dalton make any sort of appearance last night?
Nope, he didn't show at DBD. Maybe he's trully injured
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Did they announce the next PPV at the end of the show?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:29 pm Did they announce the next PPV at the end of the show?
Not that I know of. Last thing I remember happening was Ian and Colt doing their sign-offs and then the credits rolled.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Created a TV TAPINGS SPOILER thread here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5602
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

They didn't announce the next PPV. TV tapings gave no indication of the next PPV either. So despite the rumors, it looks like Global Wars: Chicago will remain a house show. At the least they can say it's the biggest ROH house show of all-time which will be neat I suppose.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I would expect it to be an iPPV if it's not a regular PPV. I was hoping it would be the regular PPV to take advantage of Omega, but ASE has been their fall PPV the last two years so I'm not expecting it.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I review Death Before Dishonor on my podcast this week
https://soundcloud.com/websweeklywrestl ... -nightmare