Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor (Las Vegas 9/22) Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am Steen and Jay Briscoe had a "Lights Out" match that I think was just a LMS with a different name at DVD V Night Two in 2007.
I believe the one Roddy had with some member of SnS in 2008 was also under these rules.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 pm
maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am Steen and Jay Briscoe had a "Lights Out" match that I think was just a LMS with a different name at DVD V Night Two in 2007.
I believe the one Roddy had with some member of SnS in 2008 was also under these rules.
Ahh I miss Larry Sweeney.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yep, Escalation in Dayton against Chris Hero.

Hero also had one a few months before that against Pelle Primeau at Vendetta II. These 3 were the only matches billed under 'Lights Out,' which I honestly think is a cooler name.

Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer had a Last Man Standing match at Battle of the Icons back in early 2007

And then Steen/Generico and Silas/ACH as already mentioned.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm
Yep, Escalation in Dayton against Chris Hero.

Hero also had one a few months before that against Pelle Primeau at Vendetta II. These 3 were the only matches billed under 'Lights Out,' which I honestly think is a cooler name.

Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer had a Last Man Standing match at Battle of the Icons back in early 2007

And then Steen/Generico and Silas/ACH as already mentioned.
I was at Vendetta II and completely forgot that the match between Hero and Primeau was a Lights Out match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oficial: White vs Martinez in a LAS VEGAS STREET FIGHT!

Great card so far!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:04 pm Oficial: White vs Martinez in a LAS VEGAS STREET FIGHT!

Great card so far!
Looking forward to this. One of the few things that Delirious has booked quite well actually.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Yeah, this card thus far all makes sense except for Cody/Suzuki, but you could argue that it makes sense too considering Cody has been issuing open challenges so anyone can accept.

I hope Delirious can continue his booking like this into Final Battle. If everything has a story leading in it's much easier to care about it and more people will want to watch it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/kentuc ... h-dishonor

A roll of the dice, pull of the lever, or the shuffle of a deck can change an individual’s life in Sin City. On September 22 LIVE on Pay Per View, the stars of Ring of Honor head to Las Vegas to do battle in the desert at Sam’s Town Live! Fans all around the globe will watch all of their favorites push their chips all in to write the next chapters of their legacies as the Best Wrestling on the Planet’s DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR airs on Pay Per View, ROHWrestling.com, Fite.TV App, and Playstation Network at 9 PM EST/6 PM PST!

In modern times, social media can be used to create change, start a movement, and bring the world together. It can also be used to issue a challenge. And the “Kentucky Gentleman” issued a challenge to “The Villain”. These two diametrically opposed forces will meet one on one for the very first time in Ring of Honor!

“THE KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN” CHUCKIE T. vs. “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL

Chuckie T. electrified the crowd in Philadelphia when he made his shocking ROH debut in a six-man tag team bout against Bullet Club, picking up the victory following his finishing move, The Awful Waffle! Since then, “The Kentucky Gentleman” has endeared himself to ROH fans as one half of Best Friends with Beretta and the two continue to climb the ladder to earn their shot at their ultimate goal, capturing the ROH World Tag Team Championships!

But for every Gentleman there is a Villain. And the actions of “The Villain” Marty Scurll have irritated Chuckie T. Through Twitter, the Kentuckian made the challenge: Gentleman versus Villain, live on Pay Per View. And it has been accepted! The former ROH World Television Champion Scurll looks to defend Bullet Club’s honor against a man making his ROH singles competition debut!

Who will emerge victorious? Join us to find out!
Last edited by supersonic on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

This match is gonna kick ASS!!! Their match in PWG back in April was a blast. That was a Guerrilla Warfare match so this won't be on that matches level but this should still be really fun.
The Dragon Saga

Did Chuck actually make a challenge? I don't remember seeing him tweet it. Nevertheless, great undercard match.

My only worry is, there are a lot of matches on this show and I don't think their done yet. Hopefully they push one back and use it as an internet exclusive.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

7 matches on a 3 hour show seems ok to me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bad ass match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wo, unexpected good match here. So, the last match will be Addiction vs MCMG vs Bucks for the Titles.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

YES! More Chuckie T.! Looking forward to this match too! Great card!
The Dragon Saga

Isn't it rumored that it's just going to be MCMG vs The Bucks.

I personally hope they leave The Addiction out of the match. The TV match between Bucks and The Guns was by far the best match MCMG had since they returned to ROH. Alex Shelley, who has been sort of up and down because of his niggling injuries looked great and Sabin even rolled back the clock a bit. I think The Bucks bring out the best in MCMG because MCMG probably realize their the standard of what a tag team is these days, similar to how MCMG were seven years ago.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:37 pm Isn't it rumored that it's just going to be MCMG vs The Bucks.

I personally hope they leave The Addiction out of the match. The TV match between Bucks and The Guns was by far the best match MCMG had since they returned to ROH. Alex Shelley, who has been sort of up and down because of his niggling injuries looked great and Sabin even rolled back the clock a bit. I think The Bucks bring out the best in MCMG because MCMG probably realize their the standard of what a tag team is these days, similar to how MCMG were seven years ago.
Yeah, that would be a great booking. Make MCMG tag champs so they can have a strong run and then lose the Titles to Gresham and another partner. Then, make Bucks & Hangman retain the trios Title defeating Briscoes & Bully turning Jay or Bully heel. That would be a good booking

The Bucks always get the better of Alex and Chris. Their match at SCOH X was the best non-stipulation match that the MCMG have been involved since they return in 2015.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Scurll vs. Chuckie T is a sober reminder that ROH used to actually be a superindie. Alas, this is a great undercard attraction match.

Even though the card is a little too rematch-heavy, I won't complain with the amount of matches that are currently driven by an established program. As long as the main event doesn't sink below being middling, I think this PPV has a strong chance to be the best ROH does this year. A lot of those matches have show-stealing potential, odds being further increased when there are two Young Bucks matches.

EDIT: Updated original post for currently announced card.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I like Chucky T versus Scurll well enough in a vacuum, but am really nervous about the Addiction having a match now and pushing the card to nine matches. I think Daniels versus Marty would be just as good or better, plus be relevant to the ongoing Addiction versus Bullet Club fued. And a win versus a former World champ would help rebuild Marty's momentum. So yeah, wish they had booked this for a TV taping or house show tbh.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 am I like Chucky T versus Scurll well enough in a vacuum, but am really nervous about the Addiction having a match now and pushing the card to nine matches. I think Daniels versus Marty would be just as good or better, plus be relevant to the ongoing Addiction versus Bullet Club fued. And a win versus a former World champ would help rebuild Marty's momentum. So yeah, wish they had booked this for a TV taping or house show tbh.
But Bullet Club vs. Addiction isn't a thing. Not sure exactly what, but according to them, it's "The Addiction vs. the fans." So they want to make sure they take away what the fans like. They made it known they aren't coming back to win the tag titles, just do anything anti-fan they can. If anyone from the Bullet Club, it'd be the Young Bucks.

Should be noted in an article noting how the PPV is affecting the Bullet Club, they included this quote, which could go against what I said they said:
Earlier in the night, ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks will defend their titles.
So there will be an 8th match, and seeing as how the Machine Guns don't have a match, nor do the Addiction who recently interfered in the tag title match between the MCMG and the Bucks, I think a three-way tag title match is still to be announced.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:33 am Even though the card is a little too rematch-heavy, I won't complain with the amount of matches that are currently driven by an established program. As long as the main event doesn't sink below being middling, I think this PPV has a strong chance to be the best ROH does this year.
Mmmm, yeah, the show have a lot of potential, but I don't think it'll surpass the 15th Anniversary, that, IMO, was one of (if not the) best live PPV ROH has ever done (14-17 period)with a fun and strong undercard and 4 different great matches (Lethal-Fish, 3 Way Tag, TV title and Daniels' ME with Cole).

I see here a lot of strong matches, but I'm not sure if Delirious will give them enough time to make them 4 stars or MOTYC.