War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

Post by Big Red Machine »

Necro-posting again because I just talked to someone with the DVD, and the DVD play is apparently flawless. Why the f*ck didn't they just use the DVD version for the Honor Club VOD?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Yeah the DVD of this show is ok - a point for those of us who still love physical media.

100% agree the lack of care/attention to detail/effort put into cleaning up issues with the live VOD streams for Honor Club sucks. (For the record, it also sucks when they DON’T fix the live stream issues, then release the same garbage, issue-riddled footage onto DVD as well, which has happened several times).

In isolation not a big deal. But like so many things with ROH - it’s little touches, attention to detail and an obvious lack of regard for the customer/paying fanbase (ie the VERY small minority still paying for Honor Club or DVD’s) and that all start to add up - and you understand why they had such a poor reputation pre-hiatus.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 pm Necro-posting again because I just talked to someone with the DVD, and the DVD play is apparently flawless. Why the f*ck didn't they just use the DVD version for the Honor Club VOD?
That was me. Shoot me a PM.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

McXal wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm Yeah the DVD of this show is ok - a point for those of us who still love physical media.

100% agree the lack of care/attention to detail/effort put into cleaning up issues with the live VOD streams for Honor Club sucks. (For the record, it also sucks when they DON’T fix the live stream issues, then release the same garbage, issue-riddled footage onto DVD as well, which has happened several times).

In isolation not a big deal. But like so many things with ROH - it’s little touches, attention to detail and an obvious lack of regard for the customer/paying fanbase (ie the VERY small minority still paying for Honor Club or DVD’s) and that all start to add up - and you understand why they had such a poor reputation pre-hiatus.
I sent them an email and got a response within a day promising to do something, so we'll see.

Out of curiosity, which DVDs were it where they didn't fix issues?
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:58 pm
McXal wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:45 pm Yeah the DVD of this show is ok - a point for those of us who still love physical media.

I sent them an email and got a response within a day promising to do something, so we'll see.

Out of curiosity, which DVDs were it where they didn't fix issues?
Off the top of my head I know Global Wars 2017 Chicago (The Addiction match) and Global Wars 2018 Lewiston (the Young Bucks/Bully Ray tag).

On the streaming side I reviewed Honor United 2019 Night 2 fairly recently and that was still very glitchy (as it was when you checked it out, judging from your review)