War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: War Of The Worlds UK SuperThread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Mike Adamle wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:16 am Jay Briscoe vs. Kenny King and Hangman Page vs. Kenny King don't sound like War Of The Worlds type match ups. I'm not going to lie I haven't watched the product since 2014, or Kenny King since he left ROH the first time. But why aren't they giving him anything to do? Is he still a botch machine like he was in his first run? 2 years ago a match with Jay Briscoe would've been huge, not in 2017 though sadly. Especially on a tour where the draw is international talent. Why not have him face someone from New Japan, CMLL, or the UK?
Kenny has improved quite a bit where you don't see that shit outta him anymore. It's a good question why, if they are putting him in a program with KUSHIDA, he isn't in a match with international talent. It sure wouldn't hurt. It's fucking insanity trying to figure out why Delirious books like he does.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Liverpool

Of course they post this as soon as I posted an updated card article
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So the basis for that match is that Lethal was upset by Bodom at a RevPro show right before he won the TV title in New Orleans in 2014.

Hopefully RevPro puts that match on YouTube, or there's a highlight package or something before that IPPV match. I'm sure Riccaboni will mention it, but we're going to need a little bit more than that.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

This is the type of match I wanna see on tour. Bodom is a phenomenal heel. This match will rule!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

another Edinburgh match:

LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (TETSUYA NAITO, NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MEN TAG CHAMPION BUSHI, & NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MEN TAG CHAMPION SANADA) vs. ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION KUSHIDA, MISTICO, & TITAN
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

EDINBURGH

NON-TITLE
KENNY KING vs. BRITISH CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION JOSH BODOM
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 0615255040

Promo from Cody about his title defense against SANADA at War of the Worlds UK: Liverpool.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Silas Young faces MARK HASKINS at WOTW Liverpool!

Haskins is an awesome wrestler! Loving this card so much. I hope Bodom and Haskins get booked for London and Edinburgh.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

GREAT MATCH! Haskins is so good..he can be a great babyface for roh if they want it for the future...not only for the uk tour.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Haskins vs Takahashi for Edinburgh. This is the Last match of the tour, Am I right?
Last edited by AlexROH on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

It's Takahashi, not Tanahashi. But still, that's gonna kick some MAJOR ass! This tour looks AMAZING!!! I hope they release the shows on DVD, I'll have to get them all.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

great fucking match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Haskins and Silas will beat the piss out of each other. That match will be as stiff as stiff gets.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Flying to London today. I'll be at York Hall for WOTW N1 since 3pm. If anyone is there and want to say hello, let me know
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ENJOY THE RIDE!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Just arrived. Nice city, awful weather. I want my mediterranean sun hahaha 😂😂😂
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BJ Whitmer will be commentating with Ian in the London show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Awesome experience! Woaaah, way better than Liverpool Last year. There werent excellent matches, but neither werent bad ones . the atmosphere was amaaaizing! In VOD it would be just a good show, but live was a blast.

- Mark defeated Smile in a fast Paced and intense opener. Great performance by Ryan ***1/4
- Addiction defeated CMLL guys in an average match. Good spots By the CMLL guys, btw. CMLL attacked Kaz post match **3/4
- Jay defeated King in a Stiff match. Wasnt anything special, but i always enjoy jays work. Jay didn't shake kings hand post match ***1/4+
- 4 Córner survival was your usual spotfest. Fun match. bully and lethal were sooooooo over with the crowd. Bully won and put lethal over ***1/2

- Dalton & Boys retained their Titles in a fun post-intermission comedy match. Delirious was booed ***
- KUSHIDA retained against Titan in a FANTASTIC match. One of the best i've seen life. Tremendous performances ****
- LIJ defeating BC was amazing. It's a match for the live crowd. On DVD will be your ***3/4 spotfest, but live was unbelivable. We chanted everything without stop and we enjoyed each and every Second of the match, wonderful wonderful experience ****1/4

I would say, for VOD viewers that it was a Strong B show, in the level or better than the one in Liverpool Last year. The matches were good and you'll see a lot of talent. My experience live? 10/10.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Show was pretty good, had bits of everything, lots of fun and it was cool seeing so many kids into it. They knew all the guys too which is impressive.

I met Greg Gilliland before the show, he was standing near the merch table wearing a suit, had a two minute conversation with him, said that they love coming to the UK and their excited to do a lot more overseas. I asked him about ROH on UK TV, he said it was being discussed and that's all he could say. Seemed like a nice dude, meant business.