ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ROH Best in the World 2017 Thread

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:ROH announced CMLL Stars Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible will be competing at the show.
Since you started the thread, would you be willing to add the card/poster/etc as things get announced over the next few weeks? Thanks!
I'll try, but I haven't figured out to add pictures, but as matches get announced, I'll definitely add matches. And I'll fiddle around, try to get it figured out.

EDIT: Looks like I already did, ahahahaha :lol:
For adding pictures, you just have to use this and put between the link/url from the picture you want to post.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

dhads7161 wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Damn, Negro Casas is like the only one I want to see from CMLL and they refuse to bring him in!
Probably the name...wouldn't go over well with whiny SJWs, "NEGRO?! RACIST!!!!"
I’m sure you didn’t mean any harm, though I have to point out that the term SJW is a political epithet. Let’s all just do our best to keep broad political issues out of the forum. We have a small team, and it’s too much too moderate.

There’s only about four or five guys from CMLL that I want to see. I don’t expect current creative to place them in any storyline, so most of these names being brought in just seems to be for the sake of diplomacy. I like Ultimo, but I don’t want to see him go in 2017.
Scottanized

Post by Scottanized »

Which New Japan wrestlers if any do you guys see being on this show?
I really wanna go to this event but I just can't get myself to drive out of state for this just to see Ospreay, Scurll, and the Bucks. Am hoping there's others guys that will be there.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Scottanized wrote:Which New Japan wrestlers if any do you guys see being on this show?
I really wanna go to this event but I just can't get myself to drive out of state for this just to see Ospreay, Scurll, and the Bucks. Am hoping there's others guys that will be there.
I wouldn’t expect any NJPW names, really.

Best in the World has never really been known to host NJPW talent. The PPV sits right between Dominion and the G1, which are some of NJPW’s biggest events. They keep their talent as fresh as they can before having to endure the G1 crucible.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wilson wrote:
Scottanized wrote:Which New Japan wrestlers if any do you guys see being on this show?

Best in the World has never really been known to host NJPW talent. The PPV sits right between Dominion and the G1, which are some of NJPW’s biggest events. They keep their talent as fresh as they can before having to endure the G1 crucible.
KUSHIDA?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

dhads7161 wrote:
Wilson wrote:

KUSHIDA?

KUSHIDA isn't in the G1 and he most likely won't be winning the BOSJ and thus challenging Takahashi at Dominion. He'll probably just be in a Taguchi and Pals tag near the start of the show against the Bullet Club B-Team or something.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

KUSHIDA on the ppv It would be logical
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

KUSHIDA will be at the PPV. Even Ishii was At BITW 16 defending the TV title.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

My post was mostly in specific reference to Scottanized. He was wondering if to count on New Japan talent coming aboard, and my advice is to not count on it.

Yes, KUSHIDA might be there. Of course, I'm not trying to lay official. New Japan talent is practically never there for BITW. For instance, Ishii dropped his title in May last year to avoid an additional June flight. KUSHIDA seems to be TV champion in service of the G1 Specials. Seems like a 50/50 for him being at the PPV.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

AlexROH wrote:KUSHIDA will be at the PPV. Even Ishii was At BITW 16 defending the TV title.
Anniversary Show, not BITW ;)
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'd say KUSHIDA is very likely. The company isn't wan't to leave a strap off a PPV or have a title holder not on TV for a month (the TV tapings the next day).
King of Indy Style

On the ROH daily update, Ian said that a challenge was laid out at the recent tapings for the Tag Titles.
Spoiler: show
Now, would that be the Best Friends since Chuckie pinned one of the Bucks? Or did something else happen that I'm blanking on?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

King of Indy Style wrote:On the ROH daily update, Ian said that a challenge was laid out at the recent tapings for the Tag Titles.
Now, would that be the Best Friends since Chuckie pinned one of the Bucks? Or did something else happen that I'm blanking on?
I'm pretty sure this was a challenge by War Machine.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

SandsShifter wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:On the ROH daily update, Ian said that a challenge was laid out at the recent tapings for the Tag Titles.
So then what was the point of pinning one of the Bucks? Scurll can 't defend against anyone who is under contract unless they're about to leave because we wouldn't want to pin any of them, but we'll let a non-roster guy pin one of the tag champs? LOL.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Big Red Machine wrote:
SandsShifter wrote:
So then what was the point of pinning one of the Bucks? Scurll can 't defend against anyone who is under contract unless they're about to leave because we wouldn't want to pin any of them, but we'll let a non-roster guy pin one of the tag champs? LOL.
Maybe setting something up for DBD down the line?
King of Indy Style

The Main Event is official, Cody vs. Daniels
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE, DELIRIOUS, IF YOU LOVE ROH AND THE FANS, DO NOT MAKE CODY 'AVERAGE' RHODES. PLEASE NO.

OMG, He's going to win the big one. This is bullshit. Maybe Scurll interfers and costs Cody the Title, but that would be another fucky finish for a PPV MAIN EVENT.

Argh, I hate this. Cody challenging for the World Title doesn't even make sense from a kayfabe point. He hasn't won a single feud and he was pinned at WOTW. My God, of you want to make him champ, put him in singles feuds (winning) with Lethal, Jay Briscoe or Fish. After getting big wins, push him to The ME. BUT WHY YOU PUSH A MEDIOCRE WRESTLER THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WRESTLE A GREAT MATCH? I hate this. I really hate this. If Cody wins I will take a break from the current product and just watch old stuff. And I'm sure I won't spend 25 $ in this PPV. I'm not paying money for a PPV that has Cody in a singles ME. He isn't on ROH's main event level... Or hey, maybe ROH ME's level is this right now. Bullshit. Keep wasting big talents like Dijak, O'Reilly, Lee and keep pushing Cody Fucking Rhodes to the moon. That's the Spirit of ROH. That's how much Delirious care about this company. Bullshit.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Well someone is #BROKEN it seems like.

Frankly, you might as well do a bullshit main event finish on such a lame duck show. I mean, we have this barnburner of a main event, perhaps a TV title match with no hype or reason to care, the Bucks against "Flavor of the month", and whatever for the meaningless 6-man belts, probably a billionth hardcore match because ECDUB.

Anything that isn't "CAUDI wins the belt to tepid applause" is a win at this point. Have Scurll do a Kazarian and cost him the match because "I'M SUCH A VILLAIN" or just lay him out after he loses again. Of course that won't happen and The American Wet Fart will become champion to further the irrelevance of ROH some more.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thelone wrote:Well someone is #BROKEN it seems like.

Frankly, you might as well do a bullshit main event finish on such a lame duck show. I mean, we have this barnburner of a main event, perhaps a TV title match with no hype or reason to care, the Bucks against "Flavor of the month", and whatever for the meaningless 6-man belts, probably a billionth hardcore match because ECDUB.

Anything that isn't "CAUDI wins the belt to tepid applause" is a win at this point. Have Scurll do a Kazarian and cost him the match because "I'M SUCH A VILLAIN" or just lay him out after he loses again. Of course that won't happen and The American Wet Fart will become champion to further the irrelevance of ROH some more.
Buaf, this BITW will suck. Cody-Daniels, a bunch of irrelevant matches for the titles (maybe Josh Woods for the TV Title?) and a bunch of random multi man matches. Maybe your usual 6-Man Mayhem 1st contender or a 3 Way Tag with The kingdom and Coast to Coast.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I post amongst a very intelligent group of wrestling fans. Fans that are much smarter than any Ive ever met before and I know you all realize we're in a tremendous downward trend in ROH.

The product may be stronger as a whole but the roster and show have went to shit.

It happens. It has happened to every rasslin promotion in the world at one point or another.

I expect that ROH will recover but to ignore that things aren't currently shit is being foolish.

Some of the wrestlers this board chooses to like or maybe I should say have been forced to like because of the shit roster wouldn't draw 50 cents at your local armory.