Does ANYONE in ROH have a Direction Right Now?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Does ANYONE in ROH have a Direction Right Now?

Post by Big Red Machine »

I guess Cody is going after the belt and Daniels is defending it and one or two other people have title shots coming up, but does anything in ROH actually feel like it's going anywhere?
Wilson

Re: Does ANYONE in ROH have a Direction Right Now?

Post by Wilson »

With everyone leaving, I think Johnston is actually to afraid to commit to anything.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

That's kinda the case when hardly anyone is under contract right now, and would you blame the talent considering ROH is getting pissy about anyone daring to go to WWE immediately after expiration?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:I guess Cody is going after the belt and Daniels is defending it and one or two other people have title shots coming up, but does anything in ROH actually feel like it's going anywhere?
Simple answer. No.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JTCole wrote:That's kinda the case when hardly anyone is under contract right now, and would you blame the talent considering ROH is getting pissy about anyone daring to go to WWE immediately after expiration?
This too.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Also, when Cody wins the World Title the company will have pretty much killed all mystique of the belt in under a year. Following Lethal was a transitional Cole reign, then the embarrassing fallout of the O'Reilly reign, then another, even more transitional title reign from an any-minute-to-WWE Cole, succeeded by a weird nostalgia-bent transitional reign in part-time booker Daniels, and finally choosing the Christian Cage-project in Cody. That's an atrocious track record.

Whoops in killing ROH's last disputable claim to its past.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote:With everyone leaving, I think Johnston is actually to afraid to commit to anything.
Yep. That's why Jay Lethal has a title shot coming up. He has a contract. Which is why the direction of this company is smoke and mirrors right now.