War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

Post by AlexROH »

Toronto VOD is up! 14,99$! Yes! The shows with NJPW talent always were at 19,99$, awesome to see that they are now at the regular VOD price.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

King of Indy Style wrote:I would have to assume that if Cody does win the title tomorrow, he'd pin Lethal for the belt, and then they'd do a Daniels/Cody singles match at BITW and they'd run the "you may have won the title, but you didn't pin ME" angle
Or Daniels pins Lethal and Cody beats Daniels up after the match to set up a singles match at BITW.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote:Toronto VOD is up! 14,99$! Yes! The shows with NJPW talent always were at 19,99$, awesome to see that they are now at the regular VOD price.
Pretty sure the 2014 shows were $14.99 on UStream.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Toronto VOD is up! 14,99$! Yes! The shows with NJPW talent always were at 19,99$, awesome to see that they are now at the regular VOD price.
Pretty sure the 2014 shows were $14.99 on UStream.
Yes! But after that, every show with NJPW talent (WOTW Tour and FOH) were 19,99$.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Tomorrow I'll finish the show (it's now 1.22 am here in Spain lol haha), but the first half was meh. It didn't disspointed me bc the Toronto card was the weakest of the tour and the first day is always quiet. Btw, second half looks amazing. Ratings so far:

MCMG vs Rebellion **3/4
Taylor vs Goto ***
Bully vs Martinez vs Page ***
Cody vs Ospreay ***3/4
BUSHI/Naito vs Kingdom ***1/4
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AlexROH wrote:Tomorrow I'll finish the show (it's now 1.22 am here in Spain lol haha), but the first half was meh. It didn't disspointed me bc the Toronto card was the weakest of the tour and the first day is always quiet. Btw, second half looks amazing. Ratings so far:

MCMG vs Rebellion **3/4
Taylor vs Goto ***
Bully vs Martinez vs Page ***
Cody vs Ospreay ***3/4
BUSHI/Naito vs Kingdom ***1/4
Well, the second hafl was stronger than the first one. I would say this show was a mixed bag, with an average first half (only the Cody vs Ospreay was a good match) and a strong second half. Is it the best show I've ever seen? No. Was it a bad and boring show? No. It was just that, a fine one.

Btw, they did it pretty well with the timming with a 9 match card, I'm hyped for the PPV.

- SANADA & EVIL vs Silas & Bruiser vs The Briscoes ***1/2

- KUSHIDA vs Lethal ***3/4 I liked this a little more than their first match at WOTW 14. Lethal worked KUSHIDA's back and KUSHIDA worked Lethal's arm. Great limb work by these two during the 18 minutes of the match. Everything felt natural and was very smooth, the only problem was KUSHIDA pinning clean in the middle of the ring, even hiting the Lethal Injection, the 'Ace' of ROH. Match of the Night, IMO.

- The Elite vs Addiction & Tanahashi ***3/4 Just like at Masters of the Craft, this was your standard 3 vs 3 main event. If you love The Elite, your rating will be higher than mine, if you hate The Elite, you'll find this match kindda boring. 25 minutes spot fest with two ref. bumps, Tana doing his High Fly Flow to the outside, comedy from the Addiciton, Cody interference and Daniels looking great. I've seen this match a lot, but it was good, nothing spectacular. Well, I know Omega pinned Daniels bc Cody made the interference, but maybe, Omega could get a title shot in the future. I mean, I know Omega is going to defeat Okada at Dominion next month to become IWGP Heavyweight champ, but, if he doesn't, it would be cool if Omega defeats Daniels at the G1 Special shows in July. He would be our next world champ, then go one month to the Climax in Japan and then he'd return to the US for Field of Honor. He could be a great champ and appear every 4-5 weeks, like AJ Styles did. I know it isn't going to happend, but it would be better than having Cody as champion, for sure. Omega has always said that he have VISA issues and he wants to be better booked by ROH.

Final rating: 6.75 / 10
Montana

Post by Montana »

Big Red Machine wrote:
cgstong wrote:
ROH 6 Man Championship
Bully Ray & The Briscoes def Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Sanada, EVIL) when BUSHI was powerbombed through a table by Bully after his mist took out his LiJ partners
Can we please get a clean finish? If they don't think Bully can get over without putting people through tables then he doesn't belong in ROH.
The match was changed to a No DQ, thus Tables were ... Legal. Started off more as a brawl/tornado match... then back to a regular tag, then the tables came in. Bully was the most over wrestler in Dearborn.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I just have a feeling that Omega shows up tonight. Not sure why, but something tells me he does.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Before the show went on air, NJPW and ROH announced a new IWPG US Title, and there will be a tournament for the title at the G1 shows in Long Beach, it's a round robin and Jay Lethal is the first entrant.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Frankie just keeps getting into better and better shape the older he gets. For a while there he was getting a bit chubby, then he dropped so much weight he looked small, and now he's got that muscle mass back.
King of Indy Style

Ospreay vs. White was fucking amazing
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

It's getting positive press, Meltzer called it one of the best North American matches of the year so far on his Twitter.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Assuming Lethal vs. Page will be on the TV taping after seeing the recap of the IWGP United States Championship announcement.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I had been calling for Scurll in BC for awhile now. BC needed a singles junior, there ya go.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Scurll joined the Bullet Club?
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I almost ordered this ppv but I wasn't gonna pay 35 dollars for it without Okada or Omega or Naito in a meaningful match.
King of Indy Style

Scurll in Bullet Club, fucking hell yes
King of Indy Style

Pretty anticlimatic ending to that main event, if you ask me. Totally bit on that Cross Rhodes kickout by Lethal near the end, I popped BIG lol. Still a great show overall.
Last edited by King of Indy Style on Fri May 12, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Did Daniels retain?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

SweetDaddy wrote:Scurll joined the Bullet Club?
Yep. They showed a pretaped clip of Omega talking about Cole then said something along the lines of needing a villain. Went dark in the Ballroom, lights cam back on Scurll is in the ring, opens up am umbrella with BC art on it, Bucks superkick Cole and Marty clobbers him with the umbrella.