War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

Post by Big Red Machine »

SweetDaddy wrote:A cruiserweight going over clean on your bell cow and even put his own finisher on him.

That my friends is why this company has went to shit.
The Cruiserweight thing doesn't bother me. It's more the loss in general for a guy getting a world title match in a week (and especially a loss to a guy whose story in his own home promotion seems to be that he is on a losing streak).
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:Lack of buzz? Twitter isn't the real world. Now, in the IWC, everybody talks bullshit about ROH. Yeah, there's a lot of thing to critize, but they don't watch the product and talk bad reading reports and all that stuff.

If it wasn't for this trend, the IWC would be hyped for the tour. But hey, just like I said, Twitter isn't the world. ROH did another sold out, a lot of websites and newspappers talk about the tour and every reaction I read from the ones who went to the show yesterday is possitive. The cards for Dearborn and New York are awesome, everybody knows it. I don't care if Twitter talks about it. The reality is ROH doing sold outs and selling a lot of VODs.

Eh, there is a lack of buzz eeh, the last PPV was the VOD with most buys in the history of the company and SCOH broke the record for attendance, but eh, if people talk bullshit on Twitter that means that ROH has a lack of buzz hahaha.
WrestleMania weekend stuff is always a draw and they had a truly HUGE main event that fell into their laps. The Hardys were a short-term thing. They created buzz when they came in and it has disappeared now that they're gone. As someone who HAS been watching pretty much every show ROH puts on (I'm a month or so behind on the TV, but a large part of that is due to this malaise that has been created by the poor direction of the product), let me tell you that I feel almost no excitement for ROH right now. I'm sure some of the matches will be excellent, but I have almost no excitement for the product as a whole, and haven't for some time. The closest I have come recently was a brief period at the end of the year, but that was mostly because of the high quality of the shows they put on last November and December and the Hardys revelation at Final Battle than any real interest in the storylines, and once Kyle lost the title at the Tokyo Dome my excitement for the product crashed right back down to where it had been since the Bullet Club invasion at Global Wars in May. In fact, I'm at the point where I feel like every time I start to like any sort of story in ROH, from the Castle-Cabana feud to the Dijak vs. House of Truth feud to Colt Cabana's big return to Kyle's quest for the title to Adam Page seemingly finally getting that big win (which has happened and then been squandered multiple times now) to the Whitmer vs. Corino blow-off (yes, I was actually excited for their match at BITW), ROH always lets me down. There is no buzz around the ROH product right now, and there hasn't been anything sustained for a VERY long time. There were brief flashes of it for the Hardys and the initial Bullet Club invasion- though even that was nothing compared to the buzz that EVOLVE got for EC III showing up and joining Galloway's anti-WWE faction- but there has not been any sustained buzz around the ROH product since the fall of 2015.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Lack of buzz? Twitter isn't the real world. Now, in the IWC, everybody talks bullshit about ROH. Yeah, there's a lot of thing to critize, but they don't watch the product and talk bad reading reports and all that stuff.

If it wasn't for this trend, the IWC would be hyped for the tour. But hey, just like I said, Twitter isn't the world. ROH did another sold out, a lot of websites and newspappers talk about the tour and every reaction I read from the ones who went to the show yesterday is possitive. The cards for Dearborn and New York are awesome, everybody knows it. I don't care if Twitter talks about it. The reality is ROH doing sold outs and selling a lot of VODs.

Eh, there is a lack of buzz eeh, the last PPV was the VOD with most buys in the history of the company and SCOH broke the record for attendance, but eh, if people talk bullshit on Twitter that means that ROH has a lack of buzz hahaha.
WrestleMania weekend stuff is always a draw and they had a truly HUGE main event that fell into their laps. The Hardys were a short-term thing. They created buzz when they came in and it has disappeared now that they're gone. As someone who HAS been watching pretty much every show ROH puts on (I'm a month or so behind on the TV, but a large part of that is due to this malaise that has been created by the poor direction of the product), let me tell you that I feel almost no excitement for ROH right now. I'm sure some of the matches will be excellent, but I have almost no excitement for the product as a whole, and haven't for some time. The closest I have come recently was a brief period at the end of the year, but that was mostly because of the high quality of the shows they put on last November and December and the Hardys revelation at Final Battle than any real interest in the storylines, and once Kyle lost the title at the Tokyo Dome my excitement for the product crashed right back down to where it had been since the Bullet Club invasion at Global Wars in May. In fact, I'm at the point where I feel like every time I start to like any sort of story in ROH, from the Castle-Cabana feud to the Dijak vs. House of Truth feud to Colt Cabana's big return to Kyle's quest for the title to Adam Page seemingly finally getting that big win (which has happened and then been squandered multiple times now) to the Whitmer vs. Corino blow-off (yes, I was actually excited for their match at BITW), ROH always lets me down. There is no buzz around the ROH product right now, and there hasn't been anything sustained for a VERY long time. There were brief flashes of it for the Hardys and the initial Bullet Club invasion- though even that was nothing compared to the buzz that EVOLVE got for EC III showing up and joining Galloway's anti-WWE faction- but there has not been any sustained buzz around the ROH product since the fall of 2015.
The Roderick Strong piece on NXT last week was the most positive talk I have heard on ROH in years.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:A cruiserweight going over clean on your bell cow and even put his own finisher on him.

That my friends is why this company has went to shit.
The Cruiserweight thing doesn't bother me. It's more the loss in general for a guy getting a world title match in a week (and especially a loss to a guy whose story in his own home promotion seems to be that he is on a losing streak).
Bully Ray going over was complete horseshit.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

crowd for a wednesday night looks great...but roh has no buzz

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Let me know which sites and social media are posting real-time results as they happened like a decade ago.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote:crowd for a wednesday night looks great...but roh has no buzz

That really isn't a good choice of venue for a show like this. You mean to tell me ROH can't find a better venue in the Detroit area?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

supersonic wrote:Let me know which sites and social media are posting real-time results as they happened like a decade ago.
you are living in the past bro,this is 2017 .

also im watching the results online so far so good.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Ya know what? Good thing that Silas Young smokes cigarettes because if wasn't for that cherry you wouldn't have known where the fuck he was in that post match interview outside in Dearborn.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Spoiler: show
Cheeseburger? Really?
The Villian continues to be force fed shit matchups.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Definitely getting the most out of the closest thing to next generation Aries.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

This is officially where I draw the line with shit like that. I was totally fine with him as a comedy jobber, but fucking fuck this.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Dalton Castle def Bobby Fish

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 7838483456

Search & Destroy (Jay White & Motor City Machine Guns) def The Rebellion (Caprice Coleman, Rhett Titus, Shane Taylor)

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 5851738112

Silas Young def KUSHIDA

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 0799100928

IWGP Tag Champions War Machine def Tanahashi & Jay Lethal when Rowe pins Lethal after a double team elevated Slam from Hanson

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 5374425088

ROH 6 Man Championship
Bully Ray & The Briscoes def Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Sanada, EVIL) when BUSHI was powerbombed through a table by Bully after his mist took out his LiJ partners

Naito def Punishment Martinez with the Destino

ROH TV Championship Proving Ground Instant Reward Match
Cheeseburger def Frankie Kazarian, Gedo, Beer City Bruiser, Will Ferrara, Marty Scurll, & Vinny Marseglia when Cheeseburger pinned Bruiser

ROH TV Championship
Marty Scurll def Cheeseburger to retain with the chickenwing

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 0273180672

ROH World Championship
Christopher Daniels def Matt Taven after the Best Moonsault Ever.
- Focus of match was Daniels' back. Some very close near falls towards the end

CHAOS (Will Ospreay, Goto, RPG Vice) def Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page, Young Bucks) when Ospreay pins Nick Jackson
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

Excellent show last night, top to bottom. One of the biggest/loudest crowds in Dearborn. Castle/Fish was a hot opener. Search and destroy and rebellion was surprisingly very good. Crowd was really into the guns/white of course. Young/Kushida, War machine vs. Lethal, Tanahashi, the briscoes/ray vs. BUSHI, Sanada, EVIL were all really solid. Bully gave away parts of the broken table. Crowd was hot. One of the best first half of any ROH michigan show.

Second half was good, but i liked the first half a little better. Naito and Martinez was entertaining. Martinez is surprisingly really athletic for his size, but probably could focus more on "big man moves". The 6 man was another surprisingly fun match. At this point the crowd was pretty dead for Daniels and Taven. They ended up having a very respectable match, with some hard shots on both guys. Both had incidental bleeding. Crowd just wasn't feeling it, or got tired. Then the Main event was awesome. First time seeing Ospreay , and he put on a show. Lots of back and forth with him and the young bucks. I'd like to see it again on TV, but i'd say it was probably a 4.25 star match... give or take .25. All the other matches were in the 3.00 - 3.75 range.

OVerall i'd give this show a 8.0-8.5. Probably one of the better, non-ppv shows.

Let me know if anyone has questions
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Ya know what? Good thing that Silas Young smokes cigarettes because if wasn't for that cherry you wouldn't have known where the fuck he was in that post match interview outside in Dearborn.
Silas Young, Jay Briscoe, wonder who else on the ROH roster is a cigarette smoker.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Ya know what? Good thing that Silas Young smokes cigarettes because if wasn't for that cherry you wouldn't have known where the fuck he was in that post match interview outside in Dearborn.
I liked that Silas was about one navel-gazing reference about his father away from just being Raven. What I don't like is this program for the sake of a program that apparently is happening between him and Lethal? If Lethal is going to wrestle Silas at BITW then who is Cody going to face?

Show seems good. Like, good enough to casually watch on NJPWWorld but not purchase-a-VOD good.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

More detailed results of last night

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=109546
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I would have to assume that if Cody does win the title tomorrow, he'd pin Lethal for the belt, and then they'd do a Daniels/Cody singles match at BITW and they'd run the "you may have won the title, but you didn't pin ME" angle
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:I would have to assume that if Cody does win the title tomorrow, he'd pin Lethal for the belt, and then they'd do a Daniels/Cody singles match at BITW and they'd run the "you may have won the title, but you didn't pin ME" angle
I would be shocked if Daniels drops the title tomorrow. Somehow this has "Delirious Fuck Finish" written all over it.
Big Red Machine

cgstong wrote:
ROH 6 Man Championship
Bully Ray & The Briscoes def Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, Sanada, EVIL) when BUSHI was powerbombed through a table by Bully after his mist took out his LiJ partners
Can we please get a clean finish? If they don't think Bully can get over without putting people through tables then he doesn't belong in ROH.