War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

Post by monster mafia »

it looks like it's gonna be Shane Taylor vs Hirooki Gotō for one of this shows...

announcements of more matches next week-
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Will be interesting to see how Taylor does here, if Goto brings his A game which he may have to considering Taylors size and power, then it should be a match that makes Taylor. It's a good make up as there will be a clear heal vs babyface match and that will always help matches.

I like the idea that in many ways ROH is giving us more of the rivalry to Chaos than say NJPW does at times, the Cody vs Ospreay match could be really interesting, if Cody goes to a more techincal bend a flyer in half type of move set then it could go very well.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Goto vs. Taylor? Eh......I'm hoping to be surprised, but expecting to be disappointed.
Montana

Post by Montana »

dhads7161 wrote:
WOHBuckeye wrote:Does Omega have passport issues or something? I think he only did Toronto last year for ROH, even though plans were for him to do more shows, and they were even airing a commercial for his t-shirt.
He's always running into visa issues in the U.S. he's probably at the point where he's tired of having the issues over and over again so it's not worth coming to the U.S. anymore.
Hmm... New Japan is running US shows in July. I'd imagine they would want him on the card. Hopefully the visa issues can be worked out, but probably wishful thinking.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Isn't Omega only doing the Toronto show?
JasonV

Post by JasonV »

dhads7161 wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:We have all of LIJ except for Hiromu...wtf?
I agree. Its criminal.
Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that we've got the other four, just wish they'd have the whole faction.
I feel like they're holding off on announcing the final names, for some reason. By this time last year, they were already announcing additional US-based talent and most of the big matches had been revealed. Even in the CHAOS/Bullet Club article, they mention there will be a "full list" of NJPW guys coming over. If that's the case, I'm still hoping for Hiromu and Okada.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I will be pretty shocked if Okada and Liger don't do any of the shows. Hiromu too, considering he just recently got back to NJPW from ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Confirmed for Toronto:

Rematch from the first WOTW in 2014. I liked their match for the TV Title back in New York.

Btw, if they are announcing matches, this means that we are not getting Okada this year :cry:
Brada

Post by Brada »

Lethal and KUSHIDA will be damn good.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Just seen the Toronto at the bottom Okay I guess
Last edited by christopherclinton55 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So, the main event for the PPV in NYC will be a Triple Threat for the World Title.

It will be Cody vs The winner of Taven/Daniels match at Dearborn vs The Winner of the 4 Corner Survival between Lethal/Page/White/Young.

In front of the largest crowd in ROH history, “The American Nightmare” Cody made a statement only one hour after going through one of the most grueling matches of his career, a Texas Bullrope Match against Jay Lethal. Cody attacked a celebrating Christopher Daniels, leaving the ROH World Champion laying following a successful championship defense against Dalton Castle. One week later, Cody interrupted Daniels as Ring of Honor Wrestling took to the air, issuing a challenge for the War of the Worlds Pay Per View!
For the fourth-consecutive year, the stars of Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling will do battle with and against one another on the War of the Worlds Tour! Titles will be contested and dream matches realized as all of your favorite stars from ROH and NJPW do battle in Toronto, Dearborn, New York City, and Philadelphia! With the relationship between ROH and NJPW stronger than ever, tickets have moved fast and these events will sell out. If you are considering coming, do not hesitate! Time is of the essence – get your tickets now!

Officials from NJPW and ROH have been working around the clock to finalize matches for the War of the Worlds Pay Per View, emanating from the sold out Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom! It will be broadcast LIVE on Pay Per View, the FiteTV App, Playstation Network, and ROHWrestling.com, Friday May 12 with a 9 PM EST bell time! The ROH World Championship will be defended LIVE on Pay Per View and, in a rare twist, a triple threat where we currently only know one competitor: a challenger!

MAIN EVENT

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

THE WINNER OF ROH WORLD CHAMPION “ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS AND MATT TAVEN AT WAR OF THE WORLDS - DEARBORN vs. “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY vs. THE WINNER OF THE FOUR CORNERS SURVIVAL MATCH BETWEEN HANGMAN PAGE, JAY LETHAL, JAY WHITE, & SILAS YOUNG

In front of the largest crowd in ROH history, “The American Nightmare” Cody made a statement only one hour after going through one of the most grueling matches of his career, a Texas Bullrope Match against Jay Lethal. Cody attacked a celebrating Christopher Daniels, leaving the ROH World Champion laying following a successful championship defense against Dalton Castle. One week later, Cody interrupted Daniels as Ring of Honor Wrestling took to the air, issuing a challenge for the War of the Worlds Pay Per View!

Daniels was ready to fight in Baltimore but Cody arrogantly stated he was too good for Baltimore and that only a venue as prestigious as the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom and a setting as thrilling as Pay Per View was good enough for a title shot.

But, there’s a few snags in Cody’s plan: in Las Vegas, there was an eight-man Vegas Wild Card tag team bout where the winning team would move on to face one another in a Four Corners Survival match on Ring of Honor Wrestling to earn a title shot. The ROH Board of Directors had decided the winner of that match, its participants being Hangman Page, Jay Lethal, Jay White, and Silas Young, would earn the coveted ROH World Title shot LIVE on Pay Per View in front of a worldwide audience.

In addition, Christopher Daniels may not even be the ROH World Champion come the War of the Worlds Pay Per View! Matt Taven sits just one championship away from completing the ROH Grand Slam and is on the biggest roll of his career. Taven earned a ROH World Title shot by winning a Honor Royale at Manhattan Mayhem and was granted his title shot at War of the Worlds – Dearborn! Taven was personally offended at the notion that Cody challenged Daniels and has promised he will leave Dearborn champion!

After some deliberation, and the threat of legal action by Cody after what he claims was entering into a verbal contract with Daniels on ROH television, the main event of War of the Worlds – New York is now a Triple Threat Match for the ROH World Championship! And Cody, the only man who knows his spot is guaranteed, has manipulated his way into a major advantage in the building where he shocked the world in his ROH debut by delivering a low blow and defeating the Franchise of ROH, Jay Lethal!

“The American Nightmare” is the only man who knows for certain that he will be competing in the main event of the War of the Worlds Pay Per View and has said he has no preference of which combination he will face although the smart money is on him rooting for Hangman Page to give Bullet Club a numbers advantage and against Lethal, a man who gave Cody his first loss in their historic Texas Bullrope Match! But it could be Taven, White, or Young that find their way into the main event depending on the result of the main event of ROH Television that will begin airing on April 29! And standby matches have been signed based on the result of that match to ensure these World Championship caliber stars compete on Pay Per View!

In front of a sold-out crowd in New York City, the ROH World Championship is on the line! If you didn’t get tickets, the only way to watch this is LIVE on Pay Per View, Fite TV app, Playstation Network, or ROHWrestling.com!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

make it short for you guys

daniels vs cody vs lethal.
King of Indy Style

That Matt Taven (c) vs. Hangman Page vs. Cody match will be LIT!!

/s
King of Indy Style

Matt Sydal vs. Scurll for the title set for the PPV

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/matt-s ... worlds-nyc
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why are we making the PPV title match a three way people? I guess it could make sense if Lethal is the third as he won the Bull Rope Match at SCOH but is that shitty 4CS really necessary to put him there?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dhads7161 wrote:Why are we making the PPV title match a three way people? I guess it could make sense if Lethal is the third as he won the Bull Rope Match at SCOH but is that shitty 4CS really necessary to put him there?

the 4 way is a match from the last tv tapings(go to the spoilers section)...that it has not been released yet on tv.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

another match.

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote:Why are we making the PPV title match a three way people? I guess it could make sense if Lethal is the third as he won the Bull Rope Match at SCOH but is that shitty 4CS really necessary to put him there?
Yes, because they framed it as a mini-tournament (along with the eight-man tag). It's much better than putting him in this match because he got one win over a guy who wasn't even the #1 contender at the time.
King of Indy Style

monster mafia wrote:another match.

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)

Asked for this match! Awesome!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'm not a fan of Triple Threats (I really liked the one at WOTW 14' but that one involved Okada, Elgin and AJ), but I'm loving this card. Sydal-Scurll and the trios title match look great on papper. And we still have to see matches fro Cole, Ospreay, Tanahashi or Naito #Hype