War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

Post by monster mafia »

taven winning the tittle? no way.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Title** And I think he's gonna take it. Daniels reign is not lasting out this tour I'll tell you that. I think Taven wins it at Dearborn and they make the main event of NYC a 4-Way and Cody Rhodes wins it there.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:so are you complaining about the tour? oh my god no...

I wish I could be there live.

damn.
Not the idea of the tour. Just it's scope and position in the schedule. It's too many New Japan guys for a TV PPV. I think these shows would do just as well as iPPVs, so why waste one of your six over the air traditional PPV slots on them?
are you saying is bad to put the nyc show on ppv? that makes no sense men.
Not on traditional PPV. They should certainly put it on iPPV, but if you only have six TV PPVs a year, you shouldn't waste one of them (or perhaps more correctly waste the ability of the TV leading up to them to help build up and sell the PPV) on a show where most of the matches have nothing on the line an no heat going into them (and where a chunk of the undercard will be clogged up by what are essentially matches that were just booked in order to jam everyone onto the card).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i'm typing too fast...sorry. :lol:

taven with a 2 days reign?? :lol: :lol: no way...he is not gonna win the title in dearborn.

also ..the poster for the ppv.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

im not understand your complain Big Red Machine....still makes no sense.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

monster mafia wrote:i'm typing too fast...sorry. :lol:

taven with a 2 days reign?? :lol: :lol: no way...he is not gonna win the title in dearborn.

I'm sorry, is that poster supposed to be a mushroom cloud? That's seriously all I'm getting out of it, and if it's a mushroom cloud... holy shit...
monster mafia wrote:im not understand your complain Big Red Machine....still makes no sense.
I don't understand your complaint**
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

get the f out....

anyway...im really glad with this tour..new matches,new faces from njpw, a ppv...looks great.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

monster mafia wrote:im not understand your complain Big Red Machine....still makes no sense.
He's saying it does not make sense to use a PPV (which traditionally is for building or finishing fueds that have been built up on tv) for a show filled with one off exhibition matches. Considering the popularity of NJPW, I can see the argument for either side though.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

If they had a card like the first NYC War of the Worlds it would deserve PPV time. Right now Supercard Of Honor had more of a right to be a PPV than this.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

It just hit me that there's a really good chance that at this time in fourteen days, there is a good chance Cody Rhodes will be ROH World Champion. How fucking crazy is that?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The match on the PPV card that really irks me is the four way. Can you really not figure out a better match for KUSHIDA? Could have at least put him with White and Ospreay for another played out "International Dream Match" involving juniors we've been seeing lately.
That three way tag is very uninteresting.
Montana

Post by Montana »

King of Indy Style wrote:
Montana wrote:
stevenkmason wrote: I just wanna see Scurll vs Castle for the TV title on Dearborn then the card will be complete and excellent.
Looks like Castle vs. Bobby Fish in Dearborn. I"m pretty happy with that. Bobby Fish always puts on a great entertaining match.

Looks like Scurll is still without an opponent in dearborn. I'm still holding out hope, Adam Cole makes it to Dearborn. Scurll vs Cole would be pretty awesome. I'd imagine we'd get something like Scurll vs. Ferrara or something. The card is pretty stacked though.

Does anyone think Matt Taven stands a chance against Daniels??? Something tells me there's a chance....

Did you miss Supercard of Honor? That was literally the opening match.

As for Matt Taven.....no. He doesn't.
I'm about 15 months behind on DVDs : /

I know it sounds crazy with taven... just seems like now could be a time they make a new young star. Wouldn't put my money on it... just a little feeling in my gut.
Big Red Machine

Mike Adamle wrote:
monster mafia wrote:i'm typing too fast...sorry. :lol:

I'm sorry, is that poster supposed to be a mushroom cloud? That's seriously all I'm getting out of it, and if it's a mushroom cloud... holy shit...
I'm pretty sure it's two plants about to collide.
Big Red Machine

maxx_powerz wrote:
He's saying it does not make sense to use a PPV (which traditionally is for building or finishing fueds that have been built up on tv) for a show filled with one off exhibition matches. Considering the popularity of NJPW, I can see the argument for either side though.
Essentially, yes. I think that a regular PPV will have a better chance of reaching casual viewers and thus it makes a lot more sense to me to use the regular PPV like you normally would with a card full of matches that have been built up. People who are excited about the New Japan shows tend to me more hardcore, so they're more used to iPPV so I don't think you would lose buys anyone who wants to see the New Japan guys by doing the New Japan show as an iPPV instead of a regular PPV.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just a reminder that Pick 'Ems for Toronto are up!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5372
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Should have done Toronto as an iPPV.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:Should have done Toronto as an iPPV.
All of these shows aside from the TV tapings, really. ROH has really been under-utilizing iPPV as a tool to generate money and interest. SOTF would work a lot better as a one-night tournament on iPPV. You could probably create more buzz around something like Champions vs. All-Stars as an iPPV as well.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
All of these shows aside from the TV tapings, really. ROH has really been under-utilizing iPPV as a tool to generate money and interest. SOTF would work a lot better as a one-night tournament on iPPV. You could probably create more buzz around something like Champions vs. All-Stars as an iPPV as well.
Completely agree. Any Hammerstein show from now on should be PPV or iPPV. Venue choice would be another factor in determining if a show should be an iPPV though. The venue in Dearborn probably is not aesthetically suitable for a PPV internet or traditional.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Completely agree. Any Hammerstein show from now on should be PPV or iPPV. Venue choice would be another factor in determining if a show should be an iPPV though. The venue in Dearborn probably is not aesthetically suitable for a PPV internet or traditional.
Meh. Unless it's a high school gym or the like, no building is not aesthetically pleasing enough for this type of show. People are coming to see the New Japan guys, and I think most people who are buying an ROH/NJPW iPPV understand that this is a company that will run some aesthetically unpleasing buildings. I certainly wouldn't run a regular PPV- or even an iPPV with some big TV build like this year's SCOH at an aesthetically displeasing location, but I think that a show that is basically built around the New Japan guys can work as an iPPV no matter where they run it.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Meh. Unless it's a high school gym or the like, no building is not aesthetically pleasing enough for this type of show.
To be fair there are actually some nice high school gyms out there that look like they would be perfect for a wrestling show. Surprised ROH doesn't do more of them. Look at gyms for larger high schools, these things are quite huge, with great dressing room facilities.