War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: War Of The Worlds 2017 SuperThread

Post by monster mafia »

cool match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Search & Destroy vs The Rebellion for Dearborn! Finally we will be able to see the final confrontation between S&D and The Rebellion, the card for Dearborn look amazing!

Jonathan Gresham signed a deal with ROH, right? But he hasn't been announced for any show, will he come back after the tour?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Should be a perfectly solid match. Trent and Dalton's interactions should be fun.

Not interested in The Rebellion in any way shape or form. End that stupid ass gimmick.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

really good card for dearborn.

i think gresham will be regular from Toronto tv tapings onwards
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

sooo..about gresham

holly shit.

TRIPLE THREAT – NON TITLE
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS WAR MACHINE vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (EVIL & SANADA) vs. SEARCH AND DESTROY (JONATHAN GRESHAM & CHRIS SABIN w/ALEX SHELLEY)

King of Indy Style

GodDAMN. That's gonna be awesome.
King of Indy Style

Hmm. The article for the match says that " NJPW and ROH officials have both stated that a win by LIJ or Search and Destroy would immediately put either team toward the front of the pecking order for a shot at the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championships!"

SANADA and EVIL are both Heavyweight by NJPW standards, so that is a very real possibility that they can win.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Hopefully the autograph session will announced soon.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

7 matches confirmed for Dearborn and NYC, hope the only add one more match to each show; I hate 9 or 10 matches cards for 3 hours events.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

8 matches for the ppv so far with KUSHIDA ,Gedo ,Castle,and more(?) still signed to appear
King of Indy Style

Kaz vs Page is far and away the weakest match of the PPV. Shouldn't even BE on the PPV really. Maybe a dark match, or a TV match or something
Brada

Post by Brada »

so is Kenny King no more in ROH? I havent really seen or heard much of him since Taylor was paired with Titus and Caprice.
stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason »

Brada wrote:so is Kenny King no more in ROH? I havent really seen or heard much of him since Taylor was paired with Titus and Caprice.
He's currently filming/promoting The Bachelorette. New season starts airing in a couple weeks.
King of Indy Style wrote:Kaz vs Page is far and away the weakest match of the PPV. Shouldn't even BE on the PPV really. Maybe a dark match, or a TV match or something
I disagree, I'm actually really excited about this match.
AlexROH wrote:7 matches confirmed for Dearborn and NYC, hope the only add one more match to each show; I hate 9 or 10 matches cards for 3 hours events.
I just wanna see Scurll vs Castle for the TV title on Dearborn then the card will be complete and excellent.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

There are WAY too many people on these shows. ROH really doesn't need to bring over guys like Roppongi Vice. Hell, I would have even left EVIL in Japan. Between them and aimless teams like The Rebellion these shows are getting full of completely pointless undercard matches that will only drag the shows down by taking time away from then other matches. There is no reason for Dalton's Boys to be getting a spot on an ROH/New Japan show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Bully vs Page vs Martinez for Toronto! Cool match!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Los Ingobernables de Japón vs Briscoes, Bully and Castle for the TV Tapings in Philly.
King of Indy Style

That should be very fun. I hope they get a solid chunk of time to go crazy
Montana

Post by Montana »

stevenkmason wrote: I just wanna see Scurll vs Castle for the TV title on Dearborn then the card will be complete and excellent.
Looks like Castle vs. Bobby Fish in Dearborn. I"m pretty happy with that. Bobby Fish always puts on a great entertaining match.

Looks like Scurll is still without an opponent in dearborn. I'm still holding out hope, Adam Cole makes it to Dearborn. Scurll vs Cole would be pretty awesome. I'd imagine we'd get something like Scurll vs. Ferrara or something. The card is pretty stacked though.

Does anyone think Matt Taven stands a chance against Daniels??? Something tells me there's a chance....
King of Indy Style

Josh Woods vs. David Starr in Philly!
King of Indy Style

Montana wrote:
stevenkmason wrote: I just wanna see Scurll vs Castle for the TV title on Dearborn then the card will be complete and excellent.
Looks like Castle vs. Bobby Fish in Dearborn. I"m pretty happy with that. Bobby Fish always puts on a great entertaining match.

Looks like Scurll is still without an opponent in dearborn. I'm still holding out hope, Adam Cole makes it to Dearborn. Scurll vs Cole would be pretty awesome. I'd imagine we'd get something like Scurll vs. Ferrara or something. The card is pretty stacked though.

Does anyone think Matt Taven stands a chance against Daniels??? Something tells me there's a chance....

Did you miss Supercard of Honor? That was literally the opening match.

As for Matt Taven.....no. He doesn't.