Do you think ROH should start their own Hall of Fame?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Seosi

Do you think ROH should start their own Hall of Fame?

Post by Seosi »

I think they should. There are alot of wrestlers who can join, like Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, etc.

What is your opinion?
Should there be ROH Hall of Fame?
And if so, who would you like to see going there?
@seositw
BurningHammer

Re: Do you think ROH should start their own Hall of Fame?

Post by BurningHammer »

I think if ROH can make it to 20 years then I would say that would be the year to do it, we are getting to a point where it would be nice for ROH to do it, but with so many connected to the WWE at the moment I can't see it happening any time soon.

It's wether or not history will ever be a massive part of ROH again, it's seemingly starting to and hopefully ROH continues to interlace into it's programing as it's ROH much like ECW is very important to the overal aspect of it's product.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Lots of red tape.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

It would be a cool thing to go with the anniversary weekend. Anytime after 15 years it is acceptable to begin. Great inaugural class woule be Dnaiels, Low Ki, and Dragon.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

This is the 5th time this topic on this forum has been posted on this subject.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I do.

The TNA Hall of Fame is one of the few things that company has done consistently well over the years. It's not full of washed up celebrities, murderers, rapists, and wife beaters like the WWE HOF. It's not full of random midcarders that Vince just happened to like. Koko B Ware, Drew Carey, Jimmy Snuka, Mike Tyson, Donald Trump and Abdullah the Butcher? Come on.

ROH and Impact are at the point in their histories when it's time to start honoring their pasts.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote:I think if ROH can make it to 20 years then I would say that would be the year to do it, we are getting to a point where it would be nice for ROH to do it, but with so many connected to the WWE at the moment I can't see it happening any time soon.

It's wether or not history will ever be a massive part of ROH again, it's seemingly starting to and hopefully ROH continues to interlace into it's programing as it's ROH much like ECW is very important to the overal aspect of it's product.
There are still plenty of people not with WWE that you could put in right now:
CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mark Briscoe
Jay Briscoe
Low Ki
Takeshi Morishima
Colt Cabana
Rocky Romero
Cary Silkin
Gabe Sapolsky

Put in a couple per year and as the years go by a lot of the others are bound to leave WWE.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

They should only start one when the guys they would want to put in it are both retired and free to actually show up at the ceremony. Dragon, Joe, Nigel, Aries, Homicide, Steen, and Roddy are all under contract elsewhere for the foreseeable future.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I think if ROH can make it to 20 years then I would say that would be the year to do it, we are getting to a point where it would be nice for ROH to do it, but with so many connected to the WWE at the moment I can't see it happening any time soon.

CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mark Briscoe
Jay Briscoe
Low Ki
Takeshi Morishima
Colt Cabana
Rocky Romero
Cary Silkin
Gabe Sapolsky

Put in a couple per year and as the years go by a lot of the others are bound to leave WWE.
Rocky Romero? Really?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:

CM Punk
Christopher Daniels
Mark Briscoe
Jay Briscoe
Low Ki
Takeshi Morishima
Colt Cabana
Rocky Romero
Cary Silkin
Gabe Sapolsky

Rocky Romero? Really?
3X ROH World Tag Team Champion with 3 different partners, has been on ROH TV as IWGP Jr Tag Champ in multiple different reigns, always delivers good matches. Has had multiple awesome runs in ROH.

He's not Punk or AJ or Joe but I firmly believe he's deserving. I just wish ROH booked Roppongi Vice more.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I agree with this. Rocky Romero is undervalued and underappreciated.
Big Red Machine

Undervalued and underappreciated? Certainly. But not a Hall of Famer.
(And don't forget that one of those tag title reigns last a mere week, had zero successful defenses, and, in hindsight, pretty clearly only happened because Kyle O'Reilly couldn't get back into Canada and Delirious wanted to have the tag titles on the line at ASE V so he had reDRagon drop the belts to Forever Hooligans so that the Hooligans could immediately drop the belts to the Wolves, who then immediately dropped them right back to reDRagon)
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I agree that they should wait another few years before doing this. Hall of Fame's are built on legitimacy - look at TNA's for example, their Hall of Fame is nothing more than a prop, it means nothing, whereas WWE's is at least an honor due to their status in the industry. They should wait. Maybe when Bryan becomes available it could be a cool way to honor him, otherwise, first inductees to me should be The Briscoes.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Rob Feinstein....
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I agree that they should wait another few years before doing this. Hall of Fame's are built on legitimacy - look at TNA's for example, their Hall of Fame is nothing more than a prop, it means nothing, whereas WWE's is at least an honor due to their status in the industry. They should wait. Maybe when Bryan becomes available it could be a cool way to honor him, otherwise, first inductees to me should be The Briscoes.
What?

Members of the TNA Hall of Fame:
Sting - 1X NWA-TNA World Champ, 4X TNA World Heavyweight Champ, 1X TNA World Tag Team Champ

Kurt Angle - 1X IWGP Champ, 6X TNA World Heavyweight Champ, 1X X Division Champ, 2X TNA World Tag Team Champ, Triple Crown Winner

The Dudley Boys - 1X NWA-TNA World Tag Team Champs, 2X TNA World Tag Team Champs, 2X IWGP Tag Team Champs, 2X TNA World Heavyweight Champion (Bubba), 2X TNA Television Champion (Devon)

Jeff Jarrett - co-founder, former owner, current booker, 6X NWA TNA World Champ, 1X AAA Mega Champion, 1X KOTM Champion

Earl Hebner - first referee to go into any major US wrestling HOF, TNA's senior official for over a decade

Gail Kim - 6X and inaugural Knockouts Champion, 1X TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion, widely considered one of the greatest female wrestlers ever

Everybody in the TNA Hall of Fame deserves to be there based on what they contributed to the company.

TNA may be a gong show but their Hall of Fame is full of people who actually deserve to be there.

The WWE Hall of Fame is the saddest, most disgusting joke in the industry. Jimmy Snuka beat his girlfriend to death, Donald Trump is Donald Trump, Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist, Abdullah the Butcher intentionally gave other wrestlers a potentially life threating disease, Utlimate Warrior was a bigoted borderline sociopath... and that doesn't even address all the random midcarders that are in for some reason. Jim Duggan, Big Boss Man, Rikishi, The Godfather, Koko B Ware, Tony Atlas, Tammy Sytch?

Or the has-been celebrities?
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:I agree that they should wait another few years before doing this. Hall of Fame's are built on legitimacy - look at TNA's for example, their Hall of Fame is nothing more than a prop, it means nothing, whereas WWE's is at least an honor due to their status in the industry. They should wait. Maybe when Bryan becomes available it could be a cool way to honor him, otherwise, first inductees to me should be The Briscoes.
What?

Members of the TNA Hall of Fame:
Sting - 1X NWA-TNA World Champ, 4X TNA World Heavyweight Champ, 1X TNA World Tag Team Champ

Kurt Angle - 1X IWGP Champ, 6X TNA World Heavyweight Champ, 1X X Division Champ, 2X TNA World Tag Team Champ, Triple Crown Winner

The Dudley Boys - 1X NWA-TNA World Tag Team Champs, 2X TNA World Tag Team Champs, 2X IWGP Tag Team Champs, 2X TNA World Heavyweight Champion (Bubba), 2X TNA Television Champion (Devon)

Jeff Jarrett - co-founder, former owner, current booker, 6X NWA TNA World Champ, 1X AAA Mega Champion, 1X KOTM Champion

Earl Hebner - first referee to go into any major US wrestling HOF, TNA's senior official for over a decade

Gail Kim - 6X and inaugural Knockouts Champion, 1X TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion, widely considered one of the greatest female wrestlers ever

Everybody in the TNA Hall of Fame deserves to be there based on what they contributed to the company.

TNA may be a gong show but their Hall of Fame is full of people who actually deserve to be there.

The WWE Hall of Fame is the saddest, most disgusting joke in the industry. Jimmy Snuka beat his girlfriend to death, Donald Trump is Donald Trump, Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist, Abdullah the Butcher intentionally gave other wrestlers a potentially life threating disease, Utlimate Warrior was a bigoted borderline sociopath... and that doesn't even address all the random midcarders that are in for some reason. Jim Duggan, Big Boss Man, Rikishi, The Godfather, Koko B Ware, Tony Atlas, Tammy Sytch?

Or the has-been celebrities?
Has WWE's had some very bad choices? Of course. But WWE's always came off more like a "real" Hall of Fame, as opposed to TNA's where they never once even waited until someone was retired to induct them, so we had guys (and Gail) wrestling in TNA for YEARS after getting inducted.

Also, many of WWE's bad choices are due to their own poor policies that require them to find at least one wrestler from various marginalized groups to put in each year, and (especially in the case of women) the list of worthy inductees is so short that they have forced themselves into a corner with it. Combine that with their desire to focus on living people and their high quota per year and you get a Hall of Fame than ran through many of the best historical candidates within ten years and now they are inducting a lot of unworthy people because they've most run out of the worthy ones.
TNA's on the other hand, has always come off like a prop to put over an active wrestler, and even in doing so, the focus always felt like it was on non-TNA-made guys as opposed to guys like AJ. I'm not discounting the contributions to the company that Sting, Kurt, and the Dudleys made. I just think that the way they did it made it come off as a publicity stunt more than anything else.
Brada

Post by Brada »

dhads7161 wrote:Rob Feinstein....
funny. Well played.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Brada wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Rob Feinstein....
funny. Well played.
I thought so too.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Towel Boy and Christopher Street Connection
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This guy... [cornette]