ROH Masters Of The Craft Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: ROH Masters Of The Craft Official Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Not going to go into detail, but on the Ken Anderson booking, some of you need to seriously chill.

It's a house show. House shows make money if people show up. They felt that Ken Anderson would sell a few more tickets, so the only way for them to be disproved, is if people don't show up. It seems like majority of the tickets are already sold and that the show will sell out. It's not that big of a deal, hes been brought in for a house show to most likely put Scurll over. Same thing with Sonjay, same thing with Delirious.

Spirit Squad may be a different story, but we'll see.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Anyone else think Taven's taking the strap here? With all the talk about Taven getting a big push after having success in CMLL and me thinking Daniels is gonna have a very short reign leads me to believe Taven's winning here.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mike Adamle wrote:Anyone else think Taven's taking the strap here? With all the talk about Taven getting a big push after having success in CMLL and me thinking Daniels is gonna have a very short reign leads me to believe Taven's winning here.
dont think so.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Mike Adamle wrote:Anyone else think Taven's taking the strap here?
No.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Absolutely no chance whatsoever thankfully
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Not going to go into detail, but on the Ken Anderson booking, some of you need to seriously chill.

It's a house show. House shows make money if people show up. They felt that Ken Anderson would sell a few more tickets, so the only way for them to be disproved, is if people don't show up. It seems like majority of the tickets are already sold and that the show will sell out. It's not that big of a deal, hes been brought in for a house show to most likely put Scurll over. Same thing with Sonjay, same thing with Delirious.

Spirit Squad may be a different story, but we'll see.
Meh. I'll concede you make a valid point. It doesn't mean I have to like it. If Ken Anderson becomes a roster member permanently I show up to Ireland and vomit on your doorstep.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Daniels is just as much to be blamed/credited per Lanza.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Daniels is just as much to be blamed/credited per Lanza.
That doesn't surprise me. He probably had a hand in Bully Ray showing up too. Why the fuck he can't get Low Ki back baffles me.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I don't think SBG wants someone that has been high-maintenance both during and after his prior tenure.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:I don't think SBG wants someone that has been high-maintenance both during and after his prior tenure.
...and that's why corporations suck the life out of people. Their rules are archaic and self serving as well.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
supersonic wrote:I don't think SBG wants someone that has been high-maintenance both during and after his prior tenure.
...and that's why corporations suck the life out of people. Their rules are archaic and self serving as well.
Low-ki is a proven shit heel though. That's not Sinclair's fault.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm always glad to see Low Ki but there's a reason he never stays with a promotion for long. He's a headache.

This is, what, his fifth separate stint in TNA/Impact?

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be if Low Ki pulled another Low Ki and left without dropping the X-Divison Championship?

Same could be said about Alberto. Impact is playing with fire relying on guys with a history of flaking out and jumping at the next opportunity that comes along.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote:I'm always glad to see Low Ki but there's a reason he never stays with a promotion for long. He's a headache.

This is, what, his fifth separate stint in TNA/Impact?

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be if Low Ki pulled another Low Ki and left without dropping the X-Divison Championship?

Same could be said about Alberto. Impact is playing with fire relying on guys with a history of flaking out and jumping at the next opportunity that comes along.
Ah, but you take a gamble and sign Ki to a 6 month contract which is about the time period he lasts before he explodes and becomes an unbearable fucking headache.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mike Adamle wrote:Anyone else think Taven's taking the strap here? With all the talk about Taven getting a big push after having success in CMLL and me thinking Daniels is gonna have a very short reign leads me to believe Taven's winning here.
If Taven had been given stronger singles wins leading up to this and if Daniels weren't already in another program, I would say he would have a pretty decent shot. If ROH wants the next champion to be a heel--considering that a babyface veteran champion usually loses to give heat to the next title holder--then their choices are Cody, Taven, and . . . Punisher Martinez? I agree that this reign won't last for many months, so I'm rather skeptical of who the next champion will be considering the probable successors.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I would tease Bubba turning on the Briscoes, only for Mark to double cross them both and go mega heel on Jay. Mark goes over Jay in a feud while Daniels deals with current challengers. Then Mark gets his World Title reign.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander wrote:I would tease Bubba turning on the Briscoes, only for Mark to double cross them both and go mega heel on Jay. Mark goes over Jay in a feud while Daniels deals with current challengers. Then Mark gets his World Title reign.

mmmm,dont think so.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote:I would tease Bubba turning on the Briscoes, only for Mark to double cross them both and go mega heel on Jay. Mark goes over Jay in a feud while Daniels deals with current challengers. Then Mark gets his World Title reign.
I like Mark, but I don't want to see him as World champ in 2017/2018. Men, our possible champs are Daniels (current), Cody, Taven and Mark??
Brada

Post by Brada »

The day Matt Taven wins the ROH World Title is the day I say goodbye to ROH.

That better never happen.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote:
I like Mark, but I don't want to see him as World champ in 2017/2018. Men, our possible champs are Daniels (current), Cody, Taven and Mark??
Yes. Because that's what happens when you have guys like ACH, Rush, and Dijak and don't do sh*t to build them up.
I actually see Scurll winning the belt if he sticks around.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if scurll sticks around..he needs to be the next world ch...or maybe cody if he sign a contract