ROH Unauthorized Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ROH Unauthorized Official Thread

Post by monster mafia »

SweetDaddy wrote:Boy ROH has went to shit.

This show wouldn't draw 500 people if they were giving away free hot dogs.

like scoh? LOL.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Well, if you try to buy tickets, only GA is available so I would wager there have already been more than 500 tickets sold?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Based on what's been announced, I think Unauthorized has the overall better card than Masters Of Their Craft. The only match that I'm really "eh" on is the Four-Corner Survival, but it should be fun to see Cheeseburger in there with those "super heavyweights". Everything else on the card has the chance to be, at bare minimum, good. Out of all of those matches, I'm probably looking forward to seeing Adam Cole vs. Jay White the most.

I have to ask though....what exactly makes this show "unauthorized"?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

monster mafia wrote:good card, dont like marty vs lizard man..but is gonna be a good vod show like always.
Yeah, for saying it's a night where anything can happen they couldn't reach out for a surprise opponent. Not saying Delirious can't go, but it just doesn't look great when most ROH fans know he's the booker.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Based on what's been announced, I think Unauthorized has the overall better card than Masters Of Their Craft. The only match that I'm really "eh" on is the Four-Corner Survival, but it should be fun to see Cheeseburger in there with those "super heavyweights". Everything else on the card has the chance to be, at bare minimum, good. Out of all of those matches, I'm probably looking forward to seeing Adam Cole vs. Jay White the most.

I have to ask though....what exactly makes this show "unauthorized"?
Every match will be contested under relaxed rules.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Every match will be contested under relaxed rules.
Which, if I remember correctly, is in now way what they said would happen in original announcement of the show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pick 'Ems for the show are up!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5367&p=144075#p144075
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

Anybody from around here going to the show tonight?
damasta414

Post by damasta414 »

JShmoopy wrote:Anybody from around here going to the show tonight?
I'll be there!
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

damasta414 wrote:I'll be there!
Me too, the live shows are always a good time.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Pre Show Match: Stacy Shadows def Sierra.

Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser were the hosts for the night.

1. Motor City Machine Guns def The Kingdom when Chris Sabin pinned Vinny Marseglia.

2. Beer City Bruiser def Shane Taylor, Cheeseburger, and Punishment Martinez when Bruiser pinned Cheeseburger after spitting beer in his face.

3. Adam Cole def Jay White after Hangman Page interfered.
– Cole and Page attacked White after the match but Romantic Touch came out and made the save

4. Hangman Page def The Romantic Touch

5. ROH Six-Man Tag Champions The Briscoes and Bully Ray def Dalton Castle and War Machine in a Milwaukee Street Fight
– War Machine came out dressed as The Boys and Dalton called them Boy Machine. Some details of the match were Hanson went through a table, Dalton was pinned by Mark after a 3-D. Post match,

6. Will Ferrera def Jarrod Jaxx

7. ROH TV Champion Marty Scrull def Delirious

8. ROH Tag Champions The Young Bucks def Legion of Boom (a/k/a Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian).
Before the match, a guy ran down and handed a note to Bruiser that The Addiction had food poisoning. It became an “Open Challenge Match” with Legion of Boom (Daniels and Kaz) accepting the challenge. LOB sang themselves to the ring and the crowd helped. In the ring, they said they wanted to face the Midnight Rockers (The Bucks) for the AWA World Tag Team Championship. This led to a AWA chant. Post match, Daniels and Kaz left, and Kaz took Bruiser’s whiskey and drank it up the ramp.

9. Silas Young def Jay Lethal
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:

Well, if you try to buy tickets, only GA is available so I would wager there have already been more than 500 tickets sold?
Turner Hall, which seats 750, was sold out. Good news.

Guy who I used to work with attended with his two sons and had a blast. He said Silas and BCB could no wrong being local guys. He didn't understand the "Shots" chant that Taven got until he and Vinnie then actually had a couple and the crowd booed the shit out of him. War Machine dressed as The Boys was super over and he liked that match the best behind The Young Bucks/Legion Of Boom.
WHG

Post by WHG »

It's funny that Milwaukee did the "shots" chant at Taven again. I was at the show in early 2014 when the newly babyface Taven had a title shot against Adam Cole. He got a really mild reaction coming to the ring...then told the crowd he was buying everyone shots after he won the title that night. The place erupted and that night was probably the peak of his weak babyface run. It actually kind of created heat for the match in a funny way in that people reacted big for near falls, etc... they also chanted "shots" every time Taven hit a punch or kick.

I'm usually not big on crowd chants, but it was funny and added to a match that everyone knew Taven wasn't winning.

Turner Hall is probably my favorite place I've ever seen live wrestling. That whole show was a blast. Sorry to say I haven't made it back yet.
Big Red Machine

cgstong wrote:
5. ROH Six-Man Tag Champions The Briscoes and Bully Ray def Dalton Castle and War Machine in a Milwaukee Street Fight
– War Machine came out dressed as The Boys and Dalton called them Boy Machine.
This is the sort of sh*t that utterly infuriates me. Why would anyone possibly think this was a good idea? Does Delirious really think a cheap one-time laugh is worth War Machine killing their characters?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Big Red Machine wrote:
cgstong wrote:
This is the sort of sh*t that utterly infuriates me. Why would anyone possibly think this was a good idea? Does Delirious really think a cheap one-time laugh is worth War Machine killing their characters?
Well if they're leaving I doubt he cares.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
cgstong wrote:
I don't think its that big of a deal. Tanahashi seems to be okay after being one of The Boys.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I think anyone upset about the War Machine thing is missing the idea of the "Unauthorized" shows. Like Night of Hoopla and Mike Bennett's Bachelor Party, these shows are supposed to be pure fun and kind of exist outside of any booking or characters. There's plenty of stupid booking to get upset by...no need to focus on this.

Lighten up, people.
Big Red Machine

WHG wrote:I think anyone upset about the War Machine thing is missing the idea of the "Unauthorized" shows. Like Night of Hoopla and Mike Bennett's Bachelor Party, these shows are supposed to be pure fun and kind of exist outside of any booking or characters. There's plenty of stupid booking to get upset by...no need to focus on this.

Lighten up, people.
This wasn't advertised the same way that those were, though. It was clear the moment they were announced that A Night of Hoopla and Mike Bennett's Bachelor Party were not going to be "serious" shows. They took place in bars, not in ROH's normal venues, and were clearly set up in a way where you knew you weren't supposed to take them seriously (things like Truth Martini getting a tag title shot or Roddy and Mark having a match with a stipulation where the loser couldn't drink all night or people being convinced t show up via singing Disney songs). This show was sold not just as a serious ROH show, but as a show that would have a whole bunch of violent stipulations on it.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

WHG wrote:I think anyone upset about the War Machine thing is missing the idea of the "Unauthorized" shows. Like Night of Hoopla and Mike Bennett's Bachelor Party, these shows are supposed to be pure fun and kind of exist outside of any booking or characters. There's plenty of stupid booking to get upset by...no need to focus on this.

Lighten up, people.
Remember this match when things finally play out this Summer.
Brada

Post by Brada »

So I have been in and out over the past week or so...

Trying to catch up.

So now we have rovert and rovert1?

Where is vanguard 2?