Cancelled ROH Shows

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Cancelled ROH Shows

Post by TYFDK »

Was just randomly thinking about how I think 2008 had a Survival of the Fittest tournament that was cancelled due to (probably) ticket sales, and I was very upset as there was a Jerry Lynn vs. El Generico that cancelled with it and we never got ever. I remember those shows were in Florida, too.

So I'm trying to think of other shows that haven't happened, most recently last year's Asheville show due to snow. Anyone got a list? This includes any show through ROH's 15 year history. Cards included, provided there was one.
Big Red Machine

Re: Cancelled ROH Shows

Post by Big Red Machine »

There was a double-shot in Charlotte & Greensboro in 2012 that was cancelled (July 27/28, if my freakish memory for these things serves me). I remember that Homicide was scheduled for a title shot against Steen that I think was rescheduled for a TV Taping the next month, but I don't remember anything else about either card.

There was an Edison show Thanksgiving weekend in 2009 that I had tickets to that got moved back a few weeks and became Boiling Point. If I remember correctly, the reason for the cancellation was either that they were intent on doing a double shot but either the other show didn't sell well and got cancelled or they couldn't find another place to do a show that weekend.
There was also a TV taping at some point in the summer of 2009 that got cancelled because they would have had stuff taped for TV that was WAY too far ahead of where they wanted to be. There was also a TV taping 2010 cancelled due to Snowpocalypse (I think it was supposed to be one of the nights of the TV Title Tournament).
Also, I have faint memories of a Boston/Edison double-shot in April of 2010 being cancelled. I also think there might have been a show in Collinsville or Nashville or somewhere like that cancelled in the summer of 2010 or 2011.