Jeff Hardy: Doing ROH through summer~WORKS OBSELETE MULES~!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WOHBuckeye

Jeff Hardy: Doing ROH through summer~WORKS OBSELETE MULES~!

Post by WOHBuckeye »

Well this would make a lot of people wrong.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/2017/03/31/j ... -of-honor/
JTCole

Re: Jeff Hardy: We're with ROH through summer, no WWE

Post by JTCole »

Assuming Jeff is telling the truth.

Lying outright is the only way to try and surprise people in wrestling now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Maybe they're waiting for the IP dispute with Anthem to resolve or something.
WOHBuckeye

Post by WOHBuckeye »

famicommander wrote:Maybe they're waiting for the IP dispute with Anthem to resolve or something.
That could be it. I imagine they don't want to bring someone in if they are under any kind of legal dispute. Whether it's based on copyright of character or anything else.

I think some of the reporting on this across the internet has been bad. First it was they were going, then definitely weren't, now definitely are. ... "They were offered contracts" well companies offer a lot of contracts. If that's all you know, report it, don't assume it means something else. Especially when you have to deal with two-four sides on this and confirming anything is difficult.
WOHBuckeye

Post by WOHBuckeye »

JTCole wrote:Assuming Jeff is telling the truth.

Lying outright is the only way to try and surprise people in wrestling now.
That's one thing everyone in the wrestling business does well.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Thanks for posting this. With all the stuff going on, totally missed this.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So much for that.

In 2017 the Hardys have held 8 tag team championships in 8 different promotions:
WWE Raw
ROH
TNA/Impact
The Crash
Omega
Maryland Championship Wrestling
All Star Wrestling
Wrestling Superstar
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Liars.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

SweetDaddy wrote:Liars.
Again, straight up bullshitting is the only way to surprise people today.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JTCole wrote:
It was pretty much a foregone conclusion after they lost the titles last night. Did anyone expect The Hardys at that point to hang around and feud with The Kingdom or even worse, have a TV match taping against Little Willy and Cheeseburger?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

it was a great short run of the hardys in roh...

i wish them nothing but the best..true professionals.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
JTCole wrote:
It was pretty much a foregone conclusion after they lost the titles last night. Did anyone expect The Hardys at that point to hang around and feud with The Kingdom or even worse, have a TV match taping against Little Willy and Cheeseburger?
I would rather watch 100 Cheeseburger matches than one that involves Sheamus in any capacity.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'm sure Cheeseburger has a high quantity of classics on his resume that smoke Sheamus vs. Morrison TLC 2010, Sheamus vs. Danielson 2/3 falls, and Sheamus vs. Cesaro NoC 2014.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote:I'm sure Cheeseburger has a high quantity of classics on his resume that smoke Sheamus vs. Morrison TLC 2010, Sheamus vs. Danielson 2/3 falls, and Sheamus vs. Cesaro NoC 2014.
How would Sheamus look against the Tempura Boyz or Brutal Bob?

Because I'd bet Cheeseburger would have better matches against Danielson and Claudio than Sheamus would against the dudes Cheeseburger wrestles.

Cheeseburger is a jobber. He isn't put in the position to have great matches. Sheamus is consistently put in positions to have great matches and almost never does.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: I would rather watch 100 Cheeseburger matches than one that involves Sheamus in any capacity.
I'm sorry. I just don't understand this mentality. You would really rather watch a comedy dork named "Cheeseburger" than a dude who tosses people around and hits them hard and has matches that are... you know... exciting and good?
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:
supersonic wrote:I'm sure Cheeseburger has a high quantity of classics on his resume that smoke Sheamus vs. Morrison TLC 2010, Sheamus vs. Danielson 2/3 falls, and Sheamus vs. Cesaro NoC 2014.
How would Sheamus look against the Tempura Boyz or Brutal Bob?

Because I'd bet Cheeseburger would have better matches against Danielson and Claudio than Sheamus would against the dudes Cheeseburger wrestles.
I'll take that bet.
famicommander wrote: Cheeseburger is a jobber. He isn't put in the position to have great matches. Sheamus is consistently put in positions to have great matches and almost never does.
Right. But that doesn't make his matches interesting or exciting. Sheamus' often are.If you want to sit there and watches squashes and pointless undercard six minute tag team matches that never have any storyline relevance all day then I'm kind of surprised you're an ROH fan because that's not usually what ROH does (nor should it be).
famicommander

Re: Jeff Hardy: Doing ROH through summer~WORKS OBSELETE MULE

Post by famicommander »

I was using hyperbole to express how awful I think Sheamus is. I didn't literally mean that every match he's ever been in is worse than a Cheeseburger match, I just meant that, conceptually, I don't see any circumstance where Sheamus adds anything to a match. All he can do is subtract from it. Cheeseburger can at least get me to crack a smile watching him get ragdolled.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:I was using hyperbole to express how awful I think Sheamus is. I didn't literally mean that every match he's ever been in is worse than a Cheeseburger match, I just meant that, conceptually, I don't see any circumstance where Sheamus adds anything to a match. All he can do is subtract from it. Cheeseburger can at least get me to crack a smile watching him get ragdolled.
What is it that people don't like about Sheamus? I've never understood this.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:I was using hyperbole to express how awful I think Sheamus is. I didn't literally mean that every match he's ever been in is worse than a Cheeseburger match, I just meant that, conceptually, I don't see any circumstance where Sheamus adds anything to a match. All he can do is subtract from it. Cheeseburger can at least get me to crack a smile watching him get ragdolled.
He's a pretty bad babyface, plus he was a scapegoat to the Daniel Bryan Mania 28 thing.

He's a perfectly fine wrestler.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote:
He's slow, he's clumsy, he doesn't have a large or exciting moveset. He's like Drew Galloway except not good at anything, and Irish instead of Scottish.

And this has nothing to do with him personally but he's always in horrible storylines. And he looks stupid.