ROH Best WrestleMania Weekend matches

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

ROH Best WrestleMania Weekend matches

Post by AlexROH »

Hey! As I always do when we are near a big ROH show, I've been watching some of ROH's best matches during WrestleMania Weekend. I'll be watching more matches between today and Satuday, but I think it would be cool to talk a little about our favorites matches/shows/moments from the WrestleMania Weekend.

These were the events that took place during WM Weekend in the same city/state that WWE celebrated Wrestlemania:

- At Our Best
- Do or Die II
- Supercard of Honor
- Better Than Our Best
- Supercard of Honor II
- Dragon Gate Challenge II
- Supercard of Honor III
- Supercard of Honor IV
- From the Ashes
- Phoenix Rising
- Honor Takes Center Stage Night 1
- Honor Takes Center Stage Night 2
- Showdown in the Sun Night 1
- Showdown in the Sun Night 2
- Supercard of Honor VII
- Supercard of Honor VIII
- Supercard of Honor IX
- Supercard of Honor X Night 1
- Supercard of Honor X Night 2

And this is my list of **** matches from ROH's WM Weekend shows (in chronological order):

- [Steel Cage] Samoa Joe vs Jay Briscoe ****1/4
- Blood Generation vs Do Fixer ****1/2
- Bryan Danielson vs Roderick Strong ****1/2
- Aries/Strong vs CIMA/Doi ****
- Danielson vs Storm ****1/4
- [Chicago Street Fight] Cabana vs Homicide ****1/2
- [Steel Cage] BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy Jacobs ****1/2
- CIMA, Shingo & Susumo vs Dragon Kid, Mochizuki & Saito ****1/4
- Steen & Generico vs New Hazard ****1/4
- Nigel vs Aries ****3/4
- Muscle Outlawz vs Typhoon ****1/2
- Richards vs Eddie ****
- WGTT vs KOW ****1/4
- [La Revancha Last Man Standing] Generico vs Steen ****1/4
- Davey Richards vs Michael Elgin *****
- Lethal vs Elgin ****
- reDRagon vs American Wolves ****1/4
- Steen vs Elgin ****1/4
- [Ladder War] Briscoe vs Cole ****
- Lethal vs Lio Rush ****
- Bucks vs MCMG ****
- Sydal vs O'Reilly ****
- Bucks vs Addiction vs MCMG vs Briscoes ****
- [No Holds Barred] Cole vs O'Reilly ****1/4
Last edited by AlexROH on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Red Machine

Re: ROH Best WrestleMania Weekend matches

Post by Big Red Machine »

The only WM weekend show I haven't seen is Dragon Gate Challenge II

Jimmy Jacobs vs. BJ Whitmer- Supercard of Honor II= 10/10
Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin- Showdown in the Sun: Day 2- 10/10
Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness- Supercard of Honor III- 10/10
Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, & Ryo Saito vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, & Masato Yoshino- Supercard of Honor- 10/10
Davey Richards vs. KENTA- Supercard of Honor IV- 9.5/10
Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong- Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter 1- 9.25/10

There's a couple of other matches that I have at 9/10, but if we're talking best of the best, it's these. One hidden gem from WM weekend that I have at 9/10 is Briscoes vs. American Wolves from From The Ashes.

And yeah, I guess you could say that Davey Richards is the greatest performer in ROH's WrestleMania Weekend history.
85Live

Post by 85Live »

Kenta and Davey was bad for a multitude of reasons. My opinion though. I get the appeal but...ehhh yeah.

From that weekend I prefer the tag match though I cant particularly remember who teamed with who...I think it was Aries/Jimmy Jacobs vs. Nakajima/Tyler Black.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote:The only WM weekend show I haven't seen is Dragon Gate Challenge II

Jimmy Jacobs vs. BJ Whitmer- Supercard of Honor II= 10/10
Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin- Showdown in the Sun: Day 2- 10/10
Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness- Supercard of Honor III- 10/10
Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi, & Ryo Saito vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, & Masato Yoshino- Supercard of Honor- 10/10
Davey Richards vs. KENTA- Supercard of Honor IV- 9.5/10
Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong- Honor Takes Center Stage: Chapter 1- 9.25/10

There's a couple of other matches that I have at 9/10, but if we're talking best of the best, it's these. One hidden gem from WM weekend that I have at 9/10 is Briscoes vs. American Wolves from From The Ashes.

And yeah, I guess you could say that Davey Richards is the greatest performer in ROH's WrestleMania Weekend history.
Mmmm, this is really interesting because I saw last night that Briscoes vs Wolves match; but I found it fine, nothing great or awesome. I was expecting more from The Briscoes and The Wolves, a ***1/2 match for me.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Three more matches for the list:

- Danielson vs Strong ****1/2 A fantastic 56 minutes matches. It is incredible how Danielson and Strong reinvented theirselves during their saga of matches. Three matches, each one 10 minutes longer, and three different styles. Awesome stuff. Better than their first match for the World Title, but not as great as their Vendetta classic.

- Strong/Aries vs Naruki Doi/CIMA **** Crazy stuff, but not as awesome as I want it to be. They worked a great match. I loved Aries' selling, but the final 7-10 minutes were a little too much. There were some coordinations errors and some sequences weren't very smooth.

- [Chicago Street Fight] Colt Cabana vs Homicide ****1/2 AAAAAAAAAAWESOMEEEEE! The best way possible to end a long blood feud. Cabana gets his revenge against the master of the hardcore match, Homicide. I loved every second of it. The post-match added a lot too, great match and fantastic moment for both Cabana and Homicide. Awesome ending for an awesome PPV (I'm loving Homicide's DVD compilation, one of the better compilations ROH has ever done, and just 6,99 $).