Future of Honor Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Future of Honor Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Great to see Stallion back in ROH! I hope ROH give both Stallion and Skyler a contract, just like they've done other years with TPT participants.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Hoping to figure out the Youtube issue. I thought once the forum was upgraded that it would work but it doesn't seem like it did

Future of Honor: Cam Zagami & Josh Briggs vs Brutal Bob & Tim Hughes

https://youtu.be/iTces3UdySU

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Is it weird that I seem to enjoy Brutal Bob more and more the older and fatter he gets?

When I first saw the guy I couldn't understand what he really brought to the table in a promotion like ROH, but as time has gone on I've come to appreciate his matches and especially his commentary.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:54 pm Is it weird that I seem to enjoy Brutal Bob more and more the older and fatter he gets?

When I first saw the guy I couldn't understand what he really brought to the table in a promotion like ROH, but as time has gone on I've come to appreciate his matches and especially his commentary.
I totally agree with this. I thought his commentary was the best thing about the TPT, which is a damning indictment of what I thought of it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Future of Honor: The Boys vs Chris Brooks & Travis Banks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8RwJVxi1o
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

This is cool. I've heard Travis Banks is looking to move Stateside so hopefully ROH has let him know he has a job if/when he does it. Hopefully Brooks follows too. Much like O'Reilly and Fish, I view CCK as being worth more $$$ than either of them are alone, despite a certain UK promotions persistence to push Banks.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm Future of Honor: The Boys vs Chris Brooks & Travis Banks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8RwJVxi1o
This shouldn't have been billed as a "Future of Honor" match. "Future of Honor" has consistently been used to mean students. This is one of the best tag teams in the UK taking on two guys who, while total dorks, were just the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Champions. Billing this match as such looks completely silly to me. Just call it another "internet exclusive."
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Future of Honor: Hunter Law vs 'Showtime' Troy Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI200pVMdek
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

In the first of several Future of Honor matches emanating from the Ring of Honor Dojo, Baron Black takes on Josie Quinn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrHPh06ui4
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Yes, THE Colin Delaney makes his highly anticipated return to national television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI6ZD9oVHv0

For real though, ROH Colin Delaney : ECW Colin Delaney :: Sami Zane : El Generico.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Thing is, Colin Delaney wouldn't be a bad undercard guy for ROH. The dude is a very capable wrestler, he just doesn't have much going on in the personality department.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Yeah! Colin totally looked better than most of the FOH/Top Prospect guys we've been seeing. This might be a bit much for only having seen one matches of his in the past decade, but I think he might be as good the top half of the roster. His early-match ring work is pretty strong, plus he appears to be super unselfish in selling.

I can already see live crowds and internet snarks getting behind a talent that fully can redeem themselves after being relentlessly humiliated on wrestling's biggest platform. I'm ready for TV-Title-adjacent Colin. Just resist putting him in with Cheeseburger.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I'm not sure if Future of Honor is a continued subbrand that ROH is continuing but Darkseid Coast 2 Coast vs. Master and Machine mostly follows its spirit. It's one of the better dark matches I can recall, and I think I'm into Master and Machine as a team (maybe this is where I take the time to say that I am fond of lower card dorks who are perpetually out of place. [Also, Ian, if you're reading this, Saiyan is pronounced like "saying" without the g.])
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Future Of Honor Announces New Home With MCW

Ring Of Honor‘s Future Of Honor promotion has announced they have a new home with MCW Wrestling, and their first show is set for next month.

The promotion announced their first event will be on Friday, August 16 ; the event will feature a meet and greet with The Briscoes. Future Of Honor was previously aligned with The World Famous Monster Factory wrestling school in Paulsboro, New Jersey last year.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:11 pm I'm not sure if Future of Honor is a continued subbrand that ROH is continuing but Darkseid Coast 2 Coast vs. Master and Machine mostly follows its spirit. It's one of the better dark matches I can recall, and I think I'm into Master and Machine as a team (maybe this is where I take the time to say that I am fond of lower card dorks who are perpetually out of place. [Also, Ian, if you're reading this, Saiyan is pronounced like "saying" without the g.])
It will be moving forward, as Mafia just posted, FOH is going to be filmed and primarily filmed at FCW. It seems like tapings at the monster factory didn't go as planned and were binned.

Just the match, I thought it was pretty bad, I'm a fan of C2C but this didn't do anything were anyone, the layout and physcology were akward but the crowd reaction although honest was pretty tepid.

That being said I thought C2C's promo's before and after the match were solid and gave they something I didn't really think they had in them. One other note if Machine can get away from Master he has a bright future, at 21 he needs a bit more confidence in and out of the ring but there is something to be highlighted and looked at more for sure.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

c2c need more gabby ortiz.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Do you think that this new Future of Honor will work out?

or Fb.com/ROHworld
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Not good. Delirious is trying to build a roster full of students. I guess he is trying to create his own Chikara Wrestling Factory or OVW system . The advantages of this type of system is lower cost talent that is easy for the office to manage. The downside is that the fan base expects to see the top wrestling available, not students or up and comers. The ROH fans want to see thetop guys from indy wrestling in North America . If one examines the TPT field and the bottom half of the ROH roster , you will find that the fans are not getting want they want.

If ROH was wise they would go back to scouting the indies and signing the top talent. If not the the company could continue to decline.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Considering the landscape as it is creating/developing your own talent is going to key as it’s likely the WWE/AWE are going to continue to outspend and stockpile for the foreseeable. Regardless if they are “Dojo Guys” I have no problem as long as they are good talents, Eli Isom being a perfect example of that and the longer you have watching and investing in someone the more connected you are to their matches as a whole. Then the booking just then has to enhance it and give it a natural progression up the ranks.

It also allows the men and women that they might not see as totally ready yet or unsure of for ROH, especially those from the combine’s who are usually promised something that often takes a while to deliver a quicker platform to show yourself to an ROH fan base and feel closer to that goal of being in ROH full time.

The main thing I loved about ROH no matter how good or bad a guy was it felt like I knew them that I gave a shit because they had been with company as pups and learnt, got better and grew. This is just another part of creating a ROH fan base one of its separate from anything else. This could also be ROH’s way of connect itself to the Indy scene, say ROH heard about a guy that’s getting that buzz and want to check him out then I imagine they now have somewhere to ask him to go instead of a combine, pre show match because they won’t get on the show. Then if they do well and the buzz is deserved then I’m sure we would see more.

Personally I think it’s a clever move, they just need a better poster designer
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

To the best of my recollection, this is ROH's first attempt at a Top Prospect retrospective; cool stuff. Also, take this as my first official respect for Quinn Mckay post.