Recent Adam Cole booking

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Recent Adam Cole booking

Post by Brada »

I will say there is one booking aspect that I really enjoy right now, and the show Saturday night in Dallas solidified that even more.

I like how they are having Adam Cole interject himself in the business of multiple contenders at the same time with Bobby Fish, Dalton Castle, and Christopher Daniels.

I like the booking idea of rather than having challengers come at him from all angles, he "heels" it up, and puts himself in the middle of different issues with all of them.

Just an observation.
Big Red Machine

Re: Recent Adam Cole booking

Post by Big Red Machine »

I like the multiple challengers at once aspect, but I don't like the way they're having Cole do it, and I don't have faith that they'll do anything interesting with it. I'd rather have Cole jump guys after matches than interfere or distract people. Also, it seems to me that if you've got Cole messing with four different Challengers at once, then the logical thing to do would be to book those four challengers on one team against Cole and his stable before you blow through all of their title shots, but they're not doing that. They're following Cole's interjections up by having these guys wrestle in totally random matches next weekend, whereas something like Fish, Daniels, Castle, & Lethal vs. Bullet Club with the story of "can Cole's challengers all get along?" in a big, long main event sounds like the sort of thing that will get people excited and sell tickets and DVDs/VODs, but instead they're just throwing gimmick matches at the wall, because that's what ROH booking has become: just throwing matches at the wall.

Meanwhile, neither the Bucks nor Scurll nor really even the Kingdom have any credible challengers lined up.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote:I like the multiple challengers at once aspect, but I don't like the way they're having Cole do it, and I don't have faith that they'll do anything interesting with it. I'd rather have Cole jump guys after matches than interfere or distract people. Also, it seems to me that if you've got Cole messing with four different Challengers at once, then the logical thing to do would be to book those four challengers on one team against Cole and his stable before you blow through all of their title shots, but they're not doing that. They're following Cole's interjections up by having these guys wrestle in totally random matches next weekend, whereas something like Fish, Daniels, Castle, & Lethal vs. Bullet Club with the story of "can Cole's challengers all get along?" in a big, long main event sounds like the sort of thing that will get people excited and sell tickets and DVDs/VODs, but instead they're just throwing gimmick matches at the wall, because that's what ROH booking has become: just throwing matches at the wall.

Meanwhile, neither the Bucks nor Scurll nor really even the Kingdom have any credible challengers lined up.
Which is not even to mention all this continued protective booking of Cole, who very realistically can be out of the company in less than 90 days, or that this is practically a repeat scenario of what we saw three months ago.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I like the multiple challengers at once aspect, but I don't like the way they're having Cole do it, and I don't have faith that they'll do anything interesting with it. I'd rather have Cole jump guys after matches than interfere or distract people. Also, it seems to me that if you've got Cole messing with four different Challengers at once, then the logical thing to do would be to book those four challengers on one team against Cole and his stable before you blow through all of their title shots, but they're not doing that. They're following Cole's interjections up by having these guys wrestle in totally random matches next weekend, whereas something like Fish, Daniels, Castle, & Lethal vs. Bullet Club with the story of "can Cole's challengers all get along?" in a big, long main event sounds like the sort of thing that will get people excited and sell tickets and DVDs/VODs, but instead they're just throwing gimmick matches at the wall, because that's what ROH booking has become: just throwing matches at the wall.

Which is not even to mention all this continued protective booking of Cole, who very realistically can be out of the company in less than 90 days, or that this is practically a repeat scenario of what we saw three months ago.
It's not just Cole. They decided that f*cking KEITH LEE couldn't take a pin on his last night in the company.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Yeah that's nuts. Last show,you definitely need to be doing the job. I don't get that one at all.....unless it was to straight up protect Shane Taylor...
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:Yeah that's nuts. Last show,you definitely need to be doing the job. I don't get that one at all.....unless it was to straight up protect Shane Taylor...
How does this protect Taylor? He wouldn't have been the one getting pinned. Just have him cut a promo being angry at Lee for getting pinned and saying that he jumped him backstage and beat him up really bad or something.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm not arguing with you at all. I would have had them bury Keith Lee. Completely destroy him, damn near squash style. I think maybe the line of thinking was not to go that route so that it would keep Taylor/Briscoe alive with legs should they either want to pair someone with Taylor, or have Taylor and Jay go more of a singles program.