Beyond Wrestling Addresses ROH Rumors

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Beyond Wrestling Addresses ROH Rumors

Post by cgstong »

I got a chance to talk with Drew, owner of Beyond Wrestling about the ROH ban list reports. Here's what I posted over at PWP

After reports of Beyond Wrestling came out that the promotion was reportedly on an unofficial ban list, Chris GST spoke with Beyond Wrestling owner Drew Cordeiro about these issues on the latest episode of the Newscast.

When we made arrangements for (The Pretty boy Killers) to be participants on this live event, that was prior to Shane Taylor signing his ROH contract. To the best of my knowledge having spoken with him directly from what he’s been told is that because Beyond Wrestling has a “deal” with FloSlam is that he will only be allowed to forfill his commitments prior to signing his contract with ROH.

With that said, we do not have a deal in place with FloSlam.
We don’t have a a deal in place with FloSlam aside from when we do double shots with WWNLive, and our deal is not with FloSlam, it is with WWNLive.

Drew also stated that he is open to having discussions with Ring of Honor if they choose to reach out to him about talents. Drew stated that it was understandable and that he would understand talents not being able to appear on shows that would be presented on FloSlam but that will not be the case for the majority of Beyond Wrestling shows and so he hopes an open line of communication can be created about this.

He addresses the rumors basically in the first 5 minutes of the interview so if you want to take a listen, you definitely can. He talks about all the ROh talents on the show.
You can hear the full interview here: https://goo.gl/4nBi0E
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Wilson

Re: Beyond Wrestling Addresses ROH Rumors

Post by Wilson »

Thanks for the interview and write-up, Chris.

ROH is playing a pretty dangerous game like this. Major WWN brands like EVOLVE are proving to have a greater and greater stake in indies and the semi-indies, and ROH will continue to develop embargoes. Unless some of these contractual regulations swiftly become amended and pliant, ROH is going to become a silo in the market. Talent won’t want to step in and promoters won’t want the headache of booking ROH-affiliated talent.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I had been wondering about this. The whole situation seemed odd because yes, while Beyond Wrestling did appear on FloSlam recently, they aren't actually signed with FloSlam. It makes me think back to a Podcast that Drew did with PWP a few months ago when FloSlam first signed Evolve, where I believe he talked about his skepticism regarding Beyond potentially joining FloSlam (mainly due to Beyond Wrestling's incredible success with their YouTube-based streaming service).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh needs to be smart

i hope they can come to good terms like roh did with pwg.